"Error-Failed to load player profile"

On what platform did the bug occur?
PC

On which Game mode did the bug occur?
Story

If the bug occurred in Story, on which chapter did it occur?
(Chapter 1 to chapter 15)
Chapter 1
If the bug occurred during a mission, what Objective and Map were you playing on?

What were you doing before reproducing the bug?
First story mission- Power went out.
Were you able to reproduce the issue multiple time ? If so, does it occur all the time (100%)?
Yes every time i try to start at the Press any key screen i get that error.. Current profile could not be loaded. verified files twice.. re downloaded once.

After installing on a second machine, the problem has followed me.

Hello Uncle_buck, thank you for the report and sorry for the inconveniance.

The issue can be that your savefile must be trying to do an auto-save when the power went out and ended up with a corrupted save 😞

Can you share with us your "SaveGames" folder in a .rar or .zip please ? You can find them here : C:\Users[your computer name]\AppData(*)\Local\Necromunda\Saved\SaveGames

The AppData(*) folder is a hidden folder by default. To view this folder:
Open This PC or the File Explorer from the taskbar.
Click on the View tab and tick Hidden items.

After sharing it with us, if it's ok with you, you can delete (or put them in another folder just in case it doesn't work) all the files inside the "SaveGames" folder and before relaunching the game, you must desactivate the Steam cloud (otherwise the save file will comme back). You can desactivate the Steam Cloud here : Steam > Cloud > Uncheck the "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for applications which support it".

You can then relaunch the game and you will have fresh save (and it should fix the issue). After making a new save, you can enable the Steam Cloud Synchronization if you want.

Tell us if it fixed your issue or if you need more help, thank you for playing Necromunda 🙂

Yup that worked. Well, I got the fix from your reps on steam first, but end result, everything is good, and a happy customer. Sorry I couldn't send you the file first, but already had done the fix.

Great and no problem about the files. Happy to see that your issue is now fixed !
See you in the Underhive ! 💀

Any chance there is a fix for this issue on PS4, Or do I just gotta restart my gang? Had the game crash on me as I was starting a new operation, after having a near perfect sweep up to that point. Would hate to lose all that.

@Grigori_the_Red

^ second this, any chance we are able to get them retrieved? ^

im in the same boat, on ps4, and was in the middle of a three way gang war, eliminated one, and was cleaning up the last after salvaging the field
three successful area's cleared, not a member lost, and a squad the emperor himself would give...probably a quick death, but atleast he would give them attention X'D
would hate to lose my little band of brother and sisters UnU i hope they can find a way to save us console users gangs