Really not liking the choice of Terrain in Imandra

I do not mind using my scout but I honestly feel that this map is really gear towards using scout vehicles, I understand that the devs wanted to be untamed wilderness but I feel that they went over board with the breakable ice, deep snow, deep snow mud and deep mud break ice. I been trying to get my vehicles into the new map so that way I can do the task to get the garage up and running and its been rather frustrating. I mange to get my p12 into new area by riding the ice and going through the frozen swap it took a lot of winching mange to get it there. My main gripe is that it feels like too much of task to get vehicles through without the lack decent roads, bridges. I do not like the fact that only place to get metal beams is on top of a steep incline which my p12 could not make that journey which then i felt I wasted a lot of time getting the truck there and by the garage being closed due to a task made it even more annoying. Taymer was fun and interesting with great balance in challenge you had the trails for you scouts and routes for your trucks to navigate to get your cargo through, in Kona peninsular if feels more on sided and that side being scouts and establishing cargo routes do not even exist. The changes I would request is toned down the deep mud/ Snow areas in some sections on both maps also allow us to rebuild wooden bridge near that Imandra tunnel to make us feel like we are taming this wilderness. Allow us to use service parts to clear up that snow banks and boulders instead of taking a chance on the breakable ice near Imandra tunnel . Move the metal beams to where-house instead of having it at the farm house on the steep hill. Also can you guys put either raise suspension or allow different vehicles to pull the radar while using the yar it has been to many times that I have gotten stuck in deep mud because it could not move.

last edited by mastercap

I do NOT agree with all said above. Finally we have something not for casual players. But even playing casual, you still can succeed with proper planning. The only tricky place - is big blue snow patch in the entrance of Imandra. Use CAT 745C or Azov Antarctic or P16 as a tractor to pass other vehicles trough it.
Deliver several trucks at once using trailers with a ramp and heavy trucks.
Passing to the helidrome is not a big problem, just a little zig-zaging on ice lake to bypass breaking ice.
Metal planks, bring them from Kovd Lake with one of the trailers.
Tire choice is difficult, as you finally have to choose between mud tires for snow and chained tires that you will not be able to climb long slippery slopes.
All these things make you think that you need both trucks at once supporting each other. And that is cool! That is hardcore that we asked for so long. Brace yourself, man! 💪 Don't be a 🐱

Yeah I agree, the map is too easy.

Imandra is too unfriendly to players,the ubiquitous exposed rocks are simply a means to cover up the depletion of the developer’s creativity. All the rocks on the road are full of malice!the pleasure of off-road bumps is concealed by the unnatural physical effects caused by these rocks. azov is particularly prone to get a boulder under the suspension and lose its grip. player does not have a bulldozer or chainsaw to remove rocks and fallen trees. in order to allow players to spend more time and unrestrainedly increase frictionless road sections and boulders lying on the road. in real life, all of these are marked as "impassable", and excavators and bulldozers are used to cope with this situation, instead of the truck carrying the cargo turning over!

@Tigron I disagree that this map is challinging. It has some challanging and great parts, as i've written in my first look review. But not really more challanging then other maps. The deep snow on straight even ways simply gets frustrating after a while ... pedel to the metal and then take out your phone and keep yourself busy for the next 5 minutes it takes to go 100 meters in a straigh line. Thats simply boring.

So I find deep snow that makes you so slow not as boring, but rather as a task to master this place better (driving more on the edge, providing vehicles to help, other way as possible e.g.).
The common places with the boulders in the middle of the street are mostly only paths that you do not drive often, since they are only "reach the point" tasks. You don't have to try to drive them with the thickest truck.
For single players it is a map that you should not enter immediately after the tutorial, because you need good equipment / vehicles and you can then leave them at various hotspots.
For the Multi, I see problems with the size of the map. Many tasks take time because the distances are long or tedious. There is a great risk that if you have set up a client with vehicles, the host is tired and you fly out.
In any case, the map got me to have to drive vehicles that I have never driven since the game appeared, or to complete a task.

So far my impressions from the map after I have completed the contracts and the "Go to point xyz" tasks and maybe about 50% of the other tasks. I find it very successful after a few (many) hours of play.

@Guruthos said in Really not liking the choice of Terrain in Imandra:

@Tigron I disagree that this map is challinging. It has some challanging and great parts, as i've written in my first look review. But not really more challanging then other maps. The deep snow on straight even ways simply gets frustrating after a while ... pedel to the metal and then take out your phone and keep yourself busy for the next 5 minutes it takes to go 100 meters in a straigh line. Thats simply boring.

Like I said in my post (@Tigron) I do like using my scout to get around discovering parts of the map but the excessive amount of deep snow and break able ice in certain section makes it rather annoying did not have this problem in taymer because deep mud was place in certain sections of the map and not every where. I feel that we should be able to tame the wilderness like we have done before on every other map by building bridges and clearing roads, do we need to do that at every section of map? No I have listed where i feel these changes should be implemented and hopefully the devs give it some thought.

the map is a pain but if it was too easy youll get it done with in a few days then your sat around till the patch 8
the base game that lasted me 2 weeks was easy to do the first part of the new region lasted me 1 whole day way to easy this new map is a pain to get to but with the cat dump truck i can do it with a few tugs

This map require to learn the terrain with a scout more than usual and before moving bigger truck, it require to determine properly your itinerary otherwise you will end up with a lot of truck stuck in place where you can have a really hard time recovering.

Even if you play in coop you have to really be carefull.

This map is really beautifull but deadly and reflect really well the harsh environement where infrastructure can be wiped due to weather condition who reshape the lanscape between season.

I love it. Only thing i would like is raised suspesion to azov 7k and a snowplow

But it's not to hard i use the Cat 745c, Azov 6k, Azov 5k and the Koleb

@mastercap

SnowIdea001.jpg

I did the public test server already, I cannot use mods on that server [or at least could not, things change all the time] this time I did use a mod truck to cut through the snow n ice with a little comfort.

The idea though is available to anyone. See what I am doing?

@gbeeTen said in Really not liking the choice of Terrain in Imandra:

@mastercap

SnowIdea001.jpg

I did the public test server already, I cannot use mods on that server [or at least could not, things change all the time] this time I did use a mod truck to cut through the snow n ice with a little comfort.

The idea though is available to anyone. See what I am doing?

Currently doing thus with the tuz 420 and to be honest I wish was not doing it at all. I wist they put a hitch on on the tuz or do what I suggested. Right now I am wait for the next the next map to be drop on the pts.

I've been casually making my way thru the contracts in this map. I have not used a scout vehicle yet they are useless! I made it across kovd and Amandra in a highway truck and even completed first stage of broken power station in the highway truck. Now I been using the Azov to complete second part of garage setup, and recovery of armoured vehicles and a few side contracts. It's not that hard if you have patients. I admit they have gone overkill with rocks! These are very annoying sometimes but there's always a way around them! Even if you have to go off path into the unknown.

Its definitelly challenging map, but i see it as attempt to get players from confort zone. The game force you to use trucks which you might not use otherwise, because use of some smaller trucks (as tayga or voron), which may seem bit of OP sometimes on other maps here can get stuck easily, especially if you does not pay attention to your surroundings and just pull your pedal to the floor on automatic 😃
But with some planning and use of heavy and bigger trucks, its just matter of time and patience.
Sometimes its beser to get cargo from lake kovd than locally. Also very usefull is to use big truck to tow smaller ones (scouts or even cargo ones).
I personally used mostly CAT745 and Azov 42 arctic, they are very good here with 70" tires (also they does not get stuck even on broken ice due to big tires), almost no rocks and snow does not mean much for them, but bit of tricky is to use them on icy roads, because they do not have chain tires, but sometimes its just better to go around 😉
What whas bothering me a bit, there is probably issue with physics for concrete pannels, on center of map as shortcut connecting ice banks over water. On one occasion when i drive by the concrete pannel just fly up to the air, so now its not there and i have to use different path 😞

@Paganfears I agree with your comment about the use of a snowplow, even if the snow/rock clearing is only temporary.
I think what I personally would really like to see is some real weather, not just a few sprinkles of snowflakes. Perhaps an occasional snow storm, or even the odd blizzard with whiteout conditions now and then. Of course these should not make the terrain any more impassable than it originally was but the weather should be to make you decide if you are going to stop and wait it out (perhaps a game mechanic that will semi bury your parked truck in snow for a while until you can bring your newly acquired snowplow to dig it out--or wait for the spring thaw 🙂 ) or will you continue, squinting at the screen as you struggle to stay on a road that you can barely see at the best of times. It could make for some logistically fun deliveries. But I think that may be a pipe dream.

Still, if nothing else, the ability to build rickety temporary bridges and to plow snow and rocks out of the way would be pretty cool.

Map is neither too hard or easy. It has a decent balance of challenges. However there are a few spots that are over the top in the frustration factor. I have done the map with vanilla and mod trucks. The trick is finding the right tool for the job. Each mission can be easy or hard, just takes the right truck for the mission. Some overlooked trucks come into their own on this map and it pays to try ALL the trucks (minus the non awd garbage we are stuck with)