BUG REPORT: Chain Hit STILL not working for Orlock Brawlers

Playing on PC, in Operations mode, on any map. Bug is 100% repeatable. Skill tiers II and III of Chain Hit, among other things, is bugged for Orlock Brawlers. The system shows targets for Chain Hit as out of range, even while other melee skills are usable.

EDIT: All image uploaded to imgur, as the other site was behaving oddly: https://imgur.com/a/oWlPdsi

PHOTO 1: As you can see in Photo 1; the game has just started and my Brawler is approaching an Escher fighter who has strayed too close. Chain Hit is not even an option as an Offensive Action because I am out of melee range, but I have made it appear by showing unavailable actions to make sure it was still there.

PHOTO 2: In Photo 2, I have closed to melee range and Chain Hit is again not an option, though I have made it appear by showing unavailable actions. As you can see, the system says that the Escher fighter is out of range for Chain Hit, despite Heroic Onslaught being a viable option (you can tell this because it is not dimmed). Note that the Fighter Info shows that I have Fury, Momentum, and Chain Hit buffs active, even though I have taken no actions, have had no previous turns, and clearly could not Chain Hit even if I wanted to. My AP and MP are both still full (50 of 50) as I have not committed to the attack.

PHOTO 3: In Photo 3 can clearly see that Heroic Onslaught is viable, even though Chain Hit is still not available.

TLDR: Chain Hit (at least tiers II and III) do not work for Orlock Brawlers. It is NOT an AP, buff or debuff issue. The system thinks Orlock fighters are out of range for some reason, despite other melee skills being available. Also important to note that this is not the case for Escher or Goliath Brawlers. Both my Escher and Goliath Brawlers can use all tiers of Chain Hit without problems.

POST PATCH UPDATE: Patch did not correct the issue, despite what the patch notes say. Like Weapons Cleaning Kits and Cellular Reconstruction Serum, nothing has changed - it's literally exactly the same.

POST PATCH SCREEN SHOTS: https://imgur.com/a/I7JfODO

last edited by Scout80913

Already reported weeks ago and got a 'its known' and a 'are you veerrryyy sure its not an ap issue' responses 😑

Maybe they will understand its broken if more people report it, so thanks for that! 👍🏻

If it's known, it means we know it's an issue and it has been addressed to the devs :face_with_stuck-out_tongue:
And indeed, there is a problem here. Thanks for reporting, it's always useful!

@Focus_HugoM said in Chain Hit not working for Orlock Brawlers:

If it's known, it means we know it's an issue and it has been addressed to the devs :face_with_stuck-out_tongue:
And indeed, there is a problem here. Thanks for reporting, it's always useful!

Can we get an update to the Known Issues post? It's been almost two weeks and there are several reported bugs which are not on the list currently. It is difficult for people trying to report bugs to tell what is and is not known when the list is old and out of date. Thanks.

Patchnotes said it was fixed but I can confirm it is not. Its still in the game and its really pissing me off 😡

Those invested points are effectively useless now and greatly reduc e the lethality of my close combat fighters. And I play orlock so that means my close combat prowess is already subpar! Please fix asap!

@Demoulius said in Chain Hit not working for Orlock Brawlers:

Patchnotes said it was fixed but I can confirm it is not. Its still in the game and its really pissing me off 😡

Those invested points are effectively useless now and greatly reduc e the lethality of my close combat fighters. And I play orlock so that means my close combat prowess is already subpar! Please fix asap!

I'm not surprised. Everything that they alleged was fixed in the patch notes that I have tested has turned out to still be broken; Cellular Reconstruction Serum, Weapons Cleaning Kits, and House Requests tracking and completion. I haven't gotten to this yet, but the Max Stat Upgrade bug makes me loathe to play with too many gangs, lest I lose all their points permanently.

You might try Power Strike. Someone suggested it as a replacement for Chain Hit. I've tried it out for several Operations now and whomever suggested it was right. It works pretty well as a replacement, and I've actually grown pretty fond of it.

Another bug which the patch notes said was fixed and was not. Main post updated with post patch screen shots.

sigh...

@Scout80913 I havent considered power strike tbh. Il look into it. Thx for the tip!

Tested it and can confirm this , doesnt work.

last edited by Dhorse12