Free CAT vehicles?

So upon loading into the garage for the first time on flooded foothills, I had obtained both the 770G as well as the TH357. After leaving the garage both can be obtained by completing missions. Well at least one can at the moment. The TH357 mission currently cannot be completed.

Starting a new game gives you both vehicles upon reaching the garage in Michigan. As to why this is a problem, selling both nets you over $300,000. The in game economy is questionable at times but this is broken. At least starting with the Khan Marshall in the garage from the start you couldn't instantly buy nearly any truck with the $20,900 value. Considering that neither of the new cat vehicles would help a new player in any other map, selling them is the obvious choice.

It's the PTS, your supposed to test things on this server and things will change prior to release. How can you say it won't help on any other map. Maybe people want to NOT manually load cargo and do some RP to get more play time out of the game. Please find something valid to complain about.

I'm all for manually loading cargo. But with a telehandler you would first need to drive it and another truck to a loading point, V.S. just bringing a single truck with a crane and flatbed. As for the 770G it has an oversized fuel tank that has a surprisingly low amount of fuel in it givin its size. Or you could as I stated before sell them both and buy 3 or 4 trucks.

I know they are working on the game. The issue I'm referring to isn't how these machines work or what needs fixed with them its the idea that they are givin to you from the start of the game and can be sold for more than you would make in Michigan combined as well as being able to later on recieve two more for free. Thats a total of over $600,000 after completing two missions.

@Mason1327 As a person above said, it's the PTS where people test new features and vehicles. Developers give you new vehicles for free to not waste your time trying to obtain them. As you said, right now the TH357 mission cannot be completed at all. That's why they give you them as soon as you start playing PTS - to test vehicle performance. After fixing the issues, Phase 2 goes live and those new vehicles, as addressed on their images in the in-game store, will be obtainable only after completing their corresponding missions. I think you got confused here so I tried to clear things out for you.

Don't sell the cat if your level isn't high enough to rebuy it back!

@Mason1327

Seems quite obvious to me that they are free on PTS so that people can test them in greater numbers and thus Saber receive more feedback about them. I highly doubt they will be free when 10.0 goes live.

@richoverip said in Free CAT vehicles?:

@Mason1327

Seems quite obvious to me that they are free on PTS so that people can test them in greater numbers and thus Saber receive more feedback about them. I highly doubt they will be free when 10.0 goes live.

I thought the same thing for the Marshall, tho that isn't a big issue. We've thought the same for many small issues in pts in the past, saying "its the pts, of course they will fix that for the live version." I'm tired of looking past the obvious for it not to be fixed because nobody said anything. It only took 8 versions before the transtar was addressed.

I want this game to be the best it can be. That is why I'm here. As far as the new vehicles, I have high hopes for them. I am a bit concerned about the TH357 and its possible uses for earlier as well as later maps. It is fun but it isn't really practical. I guess we'll see.

not sure why the WIDE forks are a level 10 unlock. Sure I can just play on a level 30 save game. But what if we wanted the wide forks on the starter maps to do RP at lower levels.