8 slot trailer

Umm... Stupid question... Why does this thing have fuel tanks on it? They, among other things, hang up on everything and seem pointless

Sure its fuel and not "compressed air buffer/storage"?

Trailers have spring loaded "pressureless engaged" parking brakes. If a trailer loses air or even a hose is ripped of - these brakes do also engage. Large brake systems in trailers have such a high volume and air flowrate demand, that the hose from the truck itself would be a flow restrictor and overload that system resulting in an engaged parking brake, probably at both systems. Thats why there are buffer vessels in between to provide a higher Compressed Air peak flow rate and maintain control.

last edited by JTT

@JTT
Here you can (not good) see:
Trailer.jpg

First (in sunlight)is for the compressed air, second (half in sunlight) is the fuel tank, third (complete in shadow) is a toolbox.

last edited by Fratzegeballer

@Fratzegeballer said in 8 slot trailer:

@JTT
Here you can (not good) see:
Trailer.jpg

First (in sunlight)is for the compressed air, second (half in sunlight) is the fuel tank, third (complete in shadow) is a toolbox.

Thanks... Also the air tanks should be tucked up in the frame. On real trailers theyre above the trailer axles typically... And tool boxes are usually back by the trailer axles to minimize catching them on things....this trailer catches on everything due to its length as it is and its 5 axles.

Sometimes i've been wondering about why do the trailers have stuff on them that's unneccessary for an offroad trailer.. For example, the 2 slot sideboard trailer has the side guard rails/underguards on them (not sure what they're called exactly) they tend to decrease the ground clearence which is a very precious thing to have in the kind of terrain this game has.. Also i've wondered the same thing about highway trucks, they're very nice to look at but imo that's pretty much all they're good for, without awd and/or diff lock there's not much real use for them in the game

last edited by Tommisatta91

@Tommisatta91
Yeah, its Snowrunner and not "Euro Truck Simulator".

If there were special trailers for special cargo (like road construction or bride building machines) exclusively for "Highway Trucks", you would be either "forced" to make them work or you have missions to clear the route for these to deliver their cargo.

But thats game mechanics, I see no point in lifted suspensions and mud tires plus difflock and awd for these to have another truck like a dozen existing ones with another skin.

last edited by JTT

@JTT Yeah, i kinda really wish there was a real use for the highway trucks, something that's not neccessarily a perfect asphalt road but at least something that they could handle with reasonable effort without having to winch them all the way to the destination and back.. A dirt road maybe, something that doesn't require so much offroad capabilities but rather driving skills

@Tommisatta91

Lets assume, there would be a task/mission to haul a bulldozer/excavator/grinder to a road, clearing some stones / earthslides. Do that and you would have to haul a bridge builder/special equipment trailer only available for Highway Trucks to that point/road.

If you make the weaker Highway Trucks with "all terrain tires" such, that these travel only minor muddy section at the most, but never deep snow/mud or remarkable rocks. But: these are the only ones to haul "special trailers". If you give the flat ramped flatbed semi with its really poor ground clearance ONLY for highway trucks and you make a mission to transport an excavator with such a trailer.... there you are. These do suddenly make sense. And you likely need to prepare /clear their path... Maybe even by upgrading deep mud with "gravel" to allow them a pass.

last edited by JTT

The trailers have both fuel and air tanks along with cargo boxes. Honestly, get rid of the fuel tanks for good since they serve no point being there. Air tanks would be tucked up in the frame if at all, considering the air supply comes from the truck not the trailer. And as for the boxes? I have not pulled a flatbed with boxes since all chocks, chains, straps and binders are stored on the trucks of fleet vehicles since the trailers would just be a trailer. There will be a large number of the trailers in a fleet and the concept of storing securing items on the trailer wouldn't normally happen.

Just another case of developers GUESSING and not doing any research or consulting prior to making stuff. This type behavior needs to be stopped. RAISE OF HANDS. How many people playing this game have REAL world experience driving trucks on and or offroad? And of those raised hands, how many would be against answering questions from the devs about content for the game prior to it being made WRONG?

I have experience driving on and off road. Civilian and Military, and in several countries. I have driven straight truck and semi trucks. And on semi trucks, vans, flatbed, auto haul. Straight trucks, Box, flatbed, dump, front and rear discharge concrete trucks, ambulances, wreckers. And for recreational I have driven Jeeps of all types, full size and compact trucks and SUV. So why not ask me about this stuff before making mistakes to insult the people who know about these things.

@JTT That sounds like a great idea! Let's just hope we might someday have something like this in the game 🙂 Although we never might but that's what a site like this exists for among other things, ideas for improvement