dirt_road_pbr+ApplyOffset=True -> Floating Truck!

I know oftentime there is mud and you sink in a bit and you dont see it so badly, but if there is no mud it should work too guys, it looks very terrible, see pictures ๐Ÿ˜‰

overlay -> dirt_road_pbr with applyoffset=true as you can see, flaten=false
truck-> whitestar-> offroad tires No.3(i think)
At times it hover up to 20-30 centimetr off the ground, see 2nd picture. Also trailers hover!

I guess it also is on dirt_road_pbr_rus, i expect it is the same there.

alt text

alt text

last edited by Actionjackson

@Actionjackson

This is not a PTS issue ~ it is however, a general issue, IMO.

Sure its not that the light truck is kind of hinged at the kinpin and the trailer properly on surface?

Had this 100% with the 2070ies frontwheels floating after crossing a slight hilltop. There is a poor collision model at the trailer so it looks like its not in collision and has some free space. It hasnt

@gbeeTen said in dirt_road_pbr+ApplyOffset=True -> Floating Truck!:

@Actionjackson

This is not a PTS issue ~ it is however, a general issue, IMO.

It is present in the PTS, that makes it a PTS issue. Yes it is also in the base game, pretty sad they can not get the most basic things straight in so long time, i mean the wheels should touch the ground once in a while ๐Ÿ˜‰
To be fair they fixed the collisions on some objects but that we have to report each and every one idividualy is annoying.

@JTT said in dirt_road_pbr+ApplyOffset=True -> Floating Truck!:

Sure its not that the light truck is kind of hinged at the kinpin and the trailer properly on surface?

Had this 100% with the 2070ies frontwheels floating after crossing a slight hilltop. There is a poor collision model at the trailer so it looks like its not in collision and has some free space. It hasnt

In this picture it goes downhill, the road is uneven but it is straight down, the Whitestar does not have that Fleetstar problem where it lifts its front wheels up when the trailer is pressing on the frame at every little rise in the terrain. That is most extreme on the Fleetstar, other trucks dont have it nearly as badly, that is not the problem here in this case, i would have noticed that, i play quiet a bit Fleetstar i know when that happens ๐Ÿ˜‰

You can see the wheels are in the air all around, in the rear and front.

I had the issue with the fleetstar 2070 resulting from a poor collision box of the trailer with the frame. Its frontwheels were hanging down but still in the air as I crossed a slight hilltop. While the rear end of the frame was "virtually" colliding with the trailer. If the parking rests (dunno how they are called) from the trailer are in the ground, the loaded trailer would kind of stand still and the truck is hanging down on its kingpin.

@JTT said in dirt_road_pbr+ApplyOffset=True -> Floating Truck!:

I had the issue with the fleetstar 2070 resulting from a poor collision box of the trailer with the frame. Its frontwheels were hanging down but still in the air as I crossed a slight hilltop. While the rear end of the frame was "virtually" colliding with the trailer. If the parking rests (dunno how they are called) from the trailer are in the ground, the loaded trailer would kind of stand still and the truck is hanging down on its kingpin.

lol yea, it does that almost at every rise in the terrain. Is is very extreme on the Fleetstar but not on other trucks.
Just like so, on this pic it is the "Fleetstar problem", it is still a fun truck ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ->

alt text

I dont know why, but I personally like the 2070A. Honest truck with a bit of a challenge. But never ever with a semi, especially if its with some "inclines" other trucks do not notice.

For semis I personally like the new DL31, its bigger brother isnt that bad and even the ZIKS as well as the M916A. Especially the latter suffers from balancing. 200l fuel and being restricted if I remember right "level 20" and being that tippy is a joke. But still a challenge. The Zikz has approximately the center of gravity as I would have expected with the AZOV 54 with its armored and heavy cabin.

I personally like to see the parking rests if the flatbed trailer being higher, some obstacles below the flatbed removed so its a better offroad one. Contrary to the sideboard - if you do not take care, you lose cargo. So a nice tradeoff to its more common cousin.

last edited by JTT

Tell me about it, i played about 80% of the michigan content with this truck,... why you ask? Cause i dont like to spend my money on something i dont need ๐Ÿ˜›
This truck did it all perfectly fine, however for the 5 point semiยดs i took the whitestar mostly as it does not suffer from "that" problem.

Someone here in the forums said that the fleetstar was never meant to be able to take a semi trailer in reality, thats why the frame can extend so far behind the rear axles. You see on other trucks the frame is shorter(or the rear axles further back) and the frame does not collide with the semi trailer.
But they did not fix(take away saddle low) that in half a year now so it probably will never change.