Deadly ops with level X gang

So I figured out how to get past the infamy crash on ps4. On the difficulty screen click the + like you're inviting someone and back out. Choose difficulty then the infamy screen will freeze 30-40 seconds but not crash. Things work after that, but save often in case other crashes corrupt things.

Anyway got a gang at level 10, level 5 armor, level 5/6 weapons. Tried deadly difficulty. 120-140 initiative, ok i always go 2nd. 300-400 health, have to double/triple team to take them out. Most of my damage comes from grazing.

1st round the AI scuffled amongst themselves, nothing too notable except a lot of evades. First melee attack by them on me took out 3 of my team. crit 297, crit 241, crit 251. Was a 2 handed leader brawler. I revived 1 and next turn a different melee takes out the revived and steals my level 6 weapons. Low health survival buffs don't help when they never have a chance to kick in. I tried to grab some objectives, but the rest went down and I abandoned the operation.

I simply don't know how to win in that. Brutal was hard until I stole enough of their weapons. Didn't even have a chance here. I haven't seen any level 6 armor drops in brutal but got some level 6 weapons from AI.

last edited by altima_boy_ff

400 health sounds high. Stupid question, but are you playing with the +loot +enemy health infamy bonus?

2H crits are ruinous. I try to focus those guys down with something like a crit double tap marksman. But if you can't one turn them... Pin them, overwatch (a couple guys), and back up. I'll also use a melee leader with a stun weapon and that +100% AP ability (daunting presence?). After recovering from stun, sometimes they won't have enough actions to actually attack.

I'm doing my first deadly sector now. Playing Goliath. A lot of my guys have preparation and my saboteur uses chem synth on them, which helps survivability. Takes a turn to set up and coordinate. Also that brawler leader uses heroic onslaught with a 2H so he can one shot most enemies. I carry a Slaught drug in case they have a lot of defense and I think I'll need an extra strike afterwards. I'm sure marksman leader would be better... But I'm roleplaying (lol).

I was using Escher's, trying to level up Goliath now. Between preparation, survival stim, self preservation, and chem synth with them I might have a chance. Definitely will forgo other stats to max out toughness, alertness, and will power as stun is death in this game.

Was not using anything to buff enemies and am pretty sure enemy leaders were at 410 health, others in mid 300 range. My gang rating was around 5850, all level 10 but still have max stats to purchase.

Heroic onslaught with 2H is ridiculous. My level 7 did 280,560, 280 against a level 8 AI. Just hate having to deal with the bug of carrying things with full inventory associated with 2H weapons.

Crazy! I'll look in my next mission, but I think 325 is the max I've seen myself. Definitely not looking forward to that 😅

I want to run Escher next and play with Spur and Slaught. Slaught for 5AP might as well be a heroic ability. Also, the two saboteur debuff grenades might help (null and hallucination?). Spur should let you hit... the entire enemy team with those? That will at least remove any buffs granting them evade.

Starting to think high level deadly requires 10-15 level X fighters as people will go down and need to recover. Others can swap in. Gonna need multiple backups in your arsenal of weapons since AI steal, tough with level 6 but not hard to get 5-6 copies of your preferred level 5s. Don't have enough level X yet, but also don't want to lose all my gear, get injuries or just die lol.

i've completed Deadly with an Escher gang of 5 Tier 3 completion. 400 health is a thing, most of your damage will come from crits as everything else is graze. Here are the things i needed to accomplish it.

Rank V armor and weapons required. take all their rank VI weapons as soon as possible in order to reduce their damage potential in future conflicts. (never did find any rank VI armor, but i've got most weapons of rank VI now)

No rushing ahead with any of the team until subsequent shifts where i've already stolen all their gear. Stay back, overwatch, and to a lesser extent ambush (this can pull you out of position and then get squished).

You have to use terrain to block LoS and try and force the other gangs to fight each other before you jump in (i faced all 3 other gangs in most shifts i played). Choose your starting location carefully for this reason, being out of the fight for 1 round is much better than the match being over for you after 2 rounds...

Everyone carries Adrenaline shot and a heal consumable. don't rush to revive guys, wait until you can ensure they don't just get spiked back down (and beware expecting to use Stinger Mould on revived guys, for some reason it treats them like they're engaged and won't allow use of heals).

Deadeye Leader with Heroic Barrage was my damage output (Autogun > Lasgun > Plasma). Brawlers with Heavy clubs are great (chainsword/power sword and power maul is better but 2h weapons are more fun although they can get screwed over by some of the buffs and debuffs at this level), my Mechanic was also Melee (rock drill and sword/axe depending on mood). Heavy ran Autocannon or Stubber (stubber > autocannon > plasma cannon > lascannon, but the range on the Autocannon can be very handy if your Heavy is crowd control instead of damage output, which is more needed at this point). Sab runs hand flamer and rank VI spud jacker i stole from someone, but mostly just throws Nades, Null, Halluc, and Chems. (Null Nades are super handy at this level...)

AI is dumb, so abuse it where you can. Strategy for them boggles my mind, but pretty much every opponent will be able to train you down in 1 turn, so don't let them.

Target Priority - Brawlers/Deadeyes, Heavies, Mechanics, Sabs - only Sabs won't be able to 1 turn kill your guys at this level. This can change depending on their loadout, if you've already stolen the Deadeyes' rank VI auto/lasgun they aren't as much of a problem as the Heavy with the rank VI stubber or the Mechanic with the rank VI rock drill and hydraulic slam...

Hope this helps. i'm playing on PC if it matters...

@altima_boy_ff your workaround for the crash save worked for me, thank you. I've spread the word. I can name check you now! Couldn't remember where read it.

Was working on leveling Goliaths but ran into losing max stats points bug so level X guys are down almost 20 stat points. Multi bullet weapons seem to have a huge advantage in this game. 2H melee does huge damage but hard to get many hits. 1H is like multi bullet. Even with rearguard and heavy aura boosting AP 2H can be limited. Power maul is 1H with 100% stun, also like power saw as easy to get 70-90 bleed damage if they don't get pure evade. Same with saw thrower at range.

There's a stinger mould bug if health is less than bleed level your character is treated as dead, same with enemies. Some dialogs stop displaying at that point.

I feel the AI is tuned to preventing the objectives. Pick up a crate 1st round and they will send multiple each round for them especially in 4-way matches. Maybe start 4 overwatch/ambush and have 5th pick up crate? If you avoid objectives the game doesn't know what to do. Also avoids killing other AI if not near objectives. At end will avoid taking more than 50% of items and purposely move back within range of your characters if carrying items. Probably too easy for AI to grab objectives and book out as you only have 5 to guard evacs.

PvP would be fun but hard to find people, especially ones that stick around the whole match. I think human opponents would be a different level. Even a 90 sec turn limit turns into a 75 minute match. Only 68 ppl online for PS4 last I tried, crashes probably deterred most people I think so maybe patch will help that.

yes!
automatic rifle + doubleshot + second chance + heroic drum fire for leader and:
automatic rifle + doubleshot + second chance + art shot for second deadeye 👍
all with maxed crit chance and ranged ability of course 😌

@Dhorse12 said in Deadly ops with level X gang:

yes!

for those special times you really want the guy dead-dead

😄😄😄

@ThisSucks said in Deadly ops with level X gang:

@Dhorse12 said in Deadly ops with level X gang:

yes!

for those special times you really want the guy dead-dead

😄😄😄

😎
yes is a deadly combo but against (even against ki) 6,000 gangs with max crit resistance and dodge + implante and 'round' buffs I ve to "nullnate" with saboteur^^ so..🙃
be careful to say overpowered

That's true about multi shot weapons and crit proc abilities. They should adjust both armor pen and crit chance based on rounds fired per shot. So single shot weapons crit more often and also armor is less effective against one big shot.

I was also implying that a multi shot weapon can get hit, crit, evade/graze in 1 attack which can trigger multiple skill buffs. Feel like only 1 buff should happen in that case, maybe randomize or prioritize by highest type? Don't know what's fair.

On the saw blade/thrower the thrower seems better. Ran the blade and too many times AI was going to bleed out but I didn't have enough points to disengage and do anything else. Thrower gives more freedom with same amount of bleed. Can reduce disengage AP to 0 but not MP so ppl have to be close or costs you entrench ability to get another hit.

Doing much better with an Orlock level 10 gang around 5700 right now.

• Leader Deadeye Autogun VI
  • Deadeye Plasma gun V
  • 2 heavies - Heavy Plasma V, Autocannon V
  • Sabateur - Flamer VI (or Autopistol V/Laser Pistol VI)

Willpower 14, toughness/agility 18-23 for most, accuracy/intelligence/alertness 25, range ability as high with what remains. No melee chars. Skills improve ranged hit/crit stats + self-preservation/iron will. Implants are 2 stat boosts + range miss improves 25% next shot or 10% range hit. Heavy auras are AP boost for me, 100% AP cost to range attackers. Heavies always together and others in aura as much as possible.

1st match was 1v1, AI had 3 melee chars (2 Br, 1 LM). Heavy barely tanked some melee crits, overwatch kept others away. 1 AI grabbed and left, another low health and left, killed other 3.

2nd match 1v1v1. Leader had 90AP + entrench, used slaught and killed 4 in 1 turn including the overwatch. Had some crit chances at 85% from killing spree+intuitive shot. 9 dead and 1 evac.

Nobody downed yet, so yeah things are going much better this time...

Had to put my Goliath gang on hold. Accidentally leveled 1 guy but had no place for the max stats so can't do any missions w/o losing them.

last edited by altima_boy_ff