[PTS 10.2] Unlimited metal beams near the garage break the crafting mechanics

So there's a crafting station in the east of flooded foothills that makes metal beams out of 2 metal rolls. But what's the point of it if there's an unlimited metal beams supply in the wear house near the garage (and limited supply of metal rolls on the map)? This completely butchers the crafting and also makes deconstructing buildings (for metal beams) useless, cos you can always grab any amount of metal beams near the garage without a problem.

Shouldn't it be the other way around - metal rolls are unlimited while metal beams are limited?

last edited by jigsaw_3

But must also give a chance for players who lose their charge, for whatever reason.
If there is only a certain number of metal beams, in multiplayer, for example, someone can troll you by looting and deleting all areas with metal. So you can never again fulfill the tasks / contracts. It is therefore imperative that the relevant freight is always available.

... and if I remember correctly, there are unlimited rolls on the second map and you can craft the metall beams ... so the other way around.

last edited by Fratzegeballer

This mechanic is already implemented correctly with concrete blocks - you can create concrete blocks out of cement. Cement is unlimited but concrete blocks aren't, so this way you can craft concrete blocks (any amount) when you're out of them. This is how it suppose to work with all types of materials (and you can't troll players with it like you described, cos crafting material is unlimited).

@Fratzegeballer said in [PTS 10.2] Unlimited metal beams near the garage break the crafting mechanics:

... and if I remember correctly, there are unlimited rolls on the second map and you can craft the metall beams ... so the other way around.

If I remember correctly, there's 16 metal rolls in big salmon peak's warehouse.

last edited by jigsaw_3

@jigsaw_3 said in [PTS 10.2] Unlimited metal beams near the garage break the crafting mechanics:

If I remember correctly, there's 16 metal rolls in big salmon peak's warehouse.

Yep... you're right.

@jigsaw_3
But in all together there are almost 50 (atm Idk if there are more to find).

last edited by Fratzegeballer

bump
Please enter a longer post. Posts should contain at least 8 character(s).