Well, that's it for me I guess...

I guess I knew the risks... πŸ™‚

On the PS4 -

Been playing and enjoying the game for about two weeks. Created a modest gang of Escher juves, made it through about 7-8 Operations until the leader hit rank X and the rest of her crew were rank IX, accumulating experience before hitting X so they weren't hit with the max point increases bug.

Just completed a simple "grab the strong/weak grog" mission, then after the final move was hit by the 'infinite autosave' bug.

Closed and re-opened the game, tried loading my gang back. Game crashed. Tried again, same thing happened.

I guess that's the end of my Necromunda Underhive Wars experience. Saved game is corrupted, gang is borked, about 120 hours of play time wiped out.

Oh well. Despite all the bugs, it was fun while it lasted. I waited patiently for this game for about two years, and although it turned out to be a massive disappointment there were some fun aspects I enjoyed.

I guess the real Underhive Wars were the (now lost forever) custom ganger friends we made along the way...

So even with the "patch" that took over a month to put out, they haven't fixed this critical issue.

Lawsuits need to be brought against Focus and they need to be put out of business. This is just one of countless reprehensible offenses across multiple games.

Fuck you Focus. You're a horrible fucking company.

With ps+ or a USB key/drive you could have just saved copies off system. Turn off auto upload and manually upload every 1-2 matches as between match saves are pretty solid. Don't want to sync corrupted files. I lost everything about 10 days in and been doing this since. Has saved me once so far about 3 days ago and I really don't care about the crashes anymore. The saves also force me to take a break once in a while too. Not ideal but works.

120 hours for a $40 sounds like a good value. Paid $60 for Doom Eternal and spent maybe 16-18 hours with multiple playthrus. I feel that Fallout 76 and Anthem were much worse situations than this. Still looking forward to NUW patches though...

last edited by altima_boy_ff

@altima_boy_ff

the point is, the players should not have to find semi good workarounds or the like.

any product is supposed to function well, that is why we pay for things. seller and buyer agree for a good and a price. if either is incompletly delivered, the contract is not fullfilled. if done willingly it is fraud. how would you describe this game's situation?

(also fallout76 was a huge disappontment, but it was playable. crashes yes, but not the game breaking kind)

last edited by ThisSucks

Oh don't worry I'm not insane, I copied my save data to a USB at the start of each Operation. πŸ™‚

I don't think I'll be replaying until the next patch though.

@casbyness lol there won’t be a next patch.

There is reference to a next patch in thread "Look inversion PC Bug" by Focus yesterday. Seems a good sign.

@altima_boy_ff

What if I agree with this guy?
I'll be honest , I'm a newcomer of turn-based strategic games , so my enthusiasm might be because this feels like completely new , to me.
But , again , perhaps some of you are being too harsh with this game , I'm loving this so far!
Yep , it is somehow buggy and IA fighters very often get stuck onto walls , but 9 times out of 10 , they de-bug themselves some seconds afterwards.
But the very thing that drives me to believe this is that ...
this is not a fully priced game!
Complaints like this might be a thing in games like Destiny 2 where they charge you 70 bucks at launch and then 30 for every expansion , that's an plain theft , considering how poorly entertaining the game can be , I got bored of it after like 20 hours. ... and don't even get me started about COD.
This is not a Triple-A massive multiplayer game , I believe that some minor inconvenients are plausible.
I've seen such bugs , freezes , glitches and people stucking in walls in way bigger and more expensive games.
Of course , getting your gang fully erased must be one hell of a frustration ...
But I'm sure Focus will work on this , as I have already seen a 2 GB patch (Xbox1).
As it regards me , I crashed just once.
Considering the amount of fun I'm having , that's not a big deal ... IMHO.
This game has a huge ton of potential , bully them won't help it in any way.
On the contrary : it might create intenstine tensions and attriction that could slow the development of the game even more.
Chill , everybody.
Don't hate a game for not being perfect.
Use your patience!
This is a strategic game , it's very presumable that you oughta have some patience! Cheers πŸ˜ƒ