KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.4)

@STUMPUS This looks like the same problem as with International Paystar 5070. It is one of the few trucks that can have small crane + sideboard + trailer at the same time. But you can't use it effectively with 2u sideboard trailer because it will not be able to turn.
Though it still can be somehow used with 2u flatbed trailer, because the trailer has longer hitch than sideboard.

It's a weird issue to get by the initial dev of the truck, seeing as trailers should be paramount in testing with them

@STUMPUS said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.4):

It also *cannot tow a sideboard 2 unit trailer as the rear end of the long bed protrudes too far out, causing the trailer end face to hit the rear of the main trucks bed. this in turn stops the truck turning properly.

Yep. As its a good truck with a very usable crane - remove trailer feature at all. Regardless if its a semi or standard one. And to compensate give it a bit better stability at least with chained tires and better main fuel tank. As it has access to roofrack and can repair minor scratches and a bit refuel by itself - no real need for the trailer store "refuel & repair".

There are enough trucks in the game being able to haul trailers and have access to any saddle. But none with that "grip" and "do it yourself" repair option. Which makes the truck kind of unique, at least currently.

It feels from the tendency to tip over (chains) as an ANK or Paystar with crane. Not a lot of tolerance for bank angles.

last edited by JTT

@treneroefc frame flex and soft suspension ,an improvement, but still to tippy, fuel to small ,tayga tires still suck in mud

Krazz255 mod is the absolute best repair/recovery truck 800 repair points 212 liters of spare fuel. will attach to a trailer tons of power ( not speed) does not tip easy at all ( it thinks it is a goat) excellent fuel tank and range . msh2 muds awesome truck and you can add mini crane ( rear mount) !

get the KRS to this level then you will have something special, and useful

last edited by barefootbob

I wish it could also use MHS (Voron) tires like on the early prototype, because currently Tayga tires are the only viable option since with the offroad tires the track width is significantly narrower and the truck becomes too tippy. On 6 wheel trucks you get dualies in the back with offroad tires, so it's not as bad.

One thing I dislike is a lack of proper symmetry. The van body looks bad with single rear axle trucks (C70 Kodiak) but this...

krs58bandit.jpg

@CanuckRunner said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.4):

One thing I dislike is a lack of proper symmetry. The van body looks bad with single rear axle trucks (C70 Kodiak) but this...

krs58bandit.jpg

And you can't tow that fuel tanker either with crane attached. I've just completed the mission recover the 'tanker from the swamp' and -like sideboard trailer- it hits the rear of the KRS as well.

Thats why I would take any trailer option completely away and lower its center of gravity a bit. By the way, the quite dense axles prevent being caught on stones quite a bit.

10.4 KRS completed 3 missions no tipping ! awesome frame flex and soft suspension helped it.
off road speed terrible
i do not know why the tayga muds suck on this truck. mud holes dismal.
on road speed good
crane very good
flatbed fitment and trailer hauling very good,
saviour bumper helped the nose dig issue.
I don't know about you guys but i found when the KRS goes down a steep hill it starts bobbing then the front bumper digs in to the dirt tries to send the KRS into a front flip and without fail falls over.
saviour bumper saves it from digging in like that
suspension needs better dampening when going down the paved road on smithville damn it starts bobbing like mad like worn or no dampening

@STUMPUS said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.4):

@CanuckRunner said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.4):

krs58bandit.jpg

And you can't tow that fuel tanker either with crane attached. I've just completed the mission recover the 'tanker from the swamp' and -like sideboard trailer- it hits the rear of the KRS as well.

hahaha...this game design is a sort of lego, played by dumb kids...(

I hope van body + crane combo is a bug, it doesn't look right. Wheel cutouts don't lineup and the van body is too tall so it limits the range of the crane. If there wouldn't be a door at the back of the van body they could flip it 180 and the wheel cutouts would lineup 🤔

As for the crane + sideboard + trailer, they should disable this option only for the trailers that collide with the truck. Kinda like Freightliner M9 can use all semi trailers except fuel semi. They should do that for all the trucks honestly.

last edited by Amynue

I dont know if thats a bug or feature - but the rear lights at the roofrack are always on with lights and not only with reverse gear. Looks strange.

Bandit Rear Lights.jpg

TMHSI tires and AMHSI tires have the same model with only a slight difference in softness and friction, but the difference between AMHSI and TMHSI is obvious, especially in the snow. Even the KRS58 with 8 tires is not as good as TAYGA6436.

@JTT The rear lights at the roofrack is just ordinary lights,first seen in chevy apache in the game. I think they should have launched this model early. For this game, the night when the tires are invisible is too harsh, and this light can slightly illuminate the surroundings. Although the light on this type of truck is too high and its effect is limited.

I am really a fan of rear working lights. As the P16, M916 has it, some Kolobs - I really like it. Especially if there is a semitrailer involved.

I would personally like to see these rear floodlights as an option for every truck having at least a saddle as option available. Cant be THAT difficult and makes driving at night much more easy.

last edited by JTT

Fuel tank is too small.

Doing some long trips to the Goldmine the long way around and being towed by a Voran, the KRS ran out of fuel three times in the same road distance ~ it will have to permanently carry a 2000LT fuel trailer, IMO, making it not useful.

@Amynue said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.4):

As for the crane + sideboard + trailer, they should disable this option only for the trailers that collide with the truck.

The Dev's should not disalble this option but they need to extend the drawbar of all trailers, so every one can drive propperly with these trailers.
tested the combo yesterday on 1 mission, it was very hard to steer. this issue is also pressent with other truck that have the same combo.

@Jellyfoosh could you please take this up with the dev's (this would be a great quality of life update.)

thanks.

Hey everyone, the devs are aware of your feedback, it's much appreciated! 🙂

The reason for the current fuel capacity is that we believe the truck would be too powerful with a larger tank. Keep in mind also that the most powerful engine will not always be the best choice, and you may want to use a slightly weaker option for more fuel efficiency.

The goal with new trucks isn't to keep ramping up their power and efficiency, but to add something new to the mix, with its own strengths and weaknesses.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@Jellyfoosh said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.4):

Keep in mind also that the most powerful engine will not always be the best choice

There is also a reason why I went back twice and fitted the biggest engine .... But I'll keep that to myself.

Thanks. 🍑 💫

The point is that cranes in our game consume a lot of power. So, most likely with crane setup you want to use the most powerful engine. Especially if you want to load something on the truck and have some trailer too.
That's why instead of stupid hard coded limitation, there should be more accurate tweaking for mass, torque, consumption and damage system. Unfortunately these things as still so far from what it should have been in the game that states itself as a simcade.
I really cannot understand, why in non competitive game we still have bars for power to weight ratio and consumption and descriptive parameters like poor, average, excellent for traction.
Giving numbers for all these things was much better.

last edited by Tigron