Community Guidelines: Easy Anti-Cheat & Cheating

Hello everyone! We figured it was time to provide a bit of an overview about the third-party system we use to detect hacks & cheats, Easy Anti-Cheat. Our previous titles Insurgency (2014) and Day of Infamy used BattlEye for this purpose, however we switched to EAC for Insurgency: Sandstorm. EAC is one of the industry leaders in Game Security and Anti-Cheat and is used by many popular games including Fortnite, FarCry 5, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and fellow indie shooters Squad and World War 3.

What is Easy Anti-Cheat?

EAC, provided by Epic Games, is designed to prevent, detect, and ban cheaters in multiplayer online games. It recognizes cheating software on players’ systems while Sandstorm is running and removes accounts abusing the game with those. EAC is used by a ton of other games and you can see the full list here: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/partners/

Do I have to Install EAC?

To play Insurgency: Sandstorm, EAC must be installed together with the game on your computer. When you play our games, you are agreeing to New World Interactive’s Terms & Conditions to allow EAC to to monitor and identify hacks and cheating software in your system while playing the game. We are committed to finding and banning players who use cheats in our game and to do this, EAC must be allowed to run.

I’m Getting EAC Error Codes when I Start Sandstorm. Help!

View EAC’s troubleshooting guide here: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/

If you have followed all of those steps and are still encountering EAC error codes, contact them directly here: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/sandstorm/contact/tech/

I’ve Been Banned! What Do I Do?

EAC has found cheat software, untrusted and/or unknown system files, debuggers, or otherwise suspicious software on your system or you may have used custom scripts that have caused you to be flagged. If you have received your ban from EAC, you can find a ton of information on how EAC handles bans here: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/sandstorm/account/bans/

Please bear in mind EAC has a zero-tolerance policy against cheating.

Make sure to scan your systems regularly for viruses and suspicious files. Don’t download files from untrustworthy sites. Put that anti-virus to work!

If you feel you received a ban in error, submit a ban appeal to EAC here: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/sandstorm/contact/appeal/ General response time, according to EAC, is 3 to 14 days. While this may seem a bit long, we recommend players submitting appeals refrain from sending multiple tickets as this may increase your response time.

I Found a Cheat for Sandstorm or a Player that is Cheating.

Please fill out a Cheat Report for EAC to investigate. If you’re reporting a cheat for sale/download for Insurgency: Sandstorm, please include a link to the relevant site. If you encounter a player who you suspect is using hacks or cheats, grab the replay ID of the match from the History section of the main menu and it include it in your report. Be sure to watch the replay first and include the approximate time that the player can be seen using a cheat in the report as well.

How to find a replay ID and Steam ID:

• Select “History” from the main menu
  • Mouse over the replay, then click “Copy ID” and paste it in your report.
  • Start the replay, go to scoreboard, then click on the suspected player’s name and “Copy Steam ID”. Then paste it in your report.

Click here for the EAC Cheat report: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/sandstorm/contact/report/

If a player is exploiting game mechanics and does something that feels unfair but they’re not necessarily using hacks (ie spawn camping, exploiting out of bounds areas, etc.) please take a screenshot or video along with an explanation of what is happening, and send to support@newworldinteracive.com so that our team can recreate and address the issue.

We have worked hard on Insurgency: Sandstorm to provide balanced gameplay for our fans and our team takes cheating very seriously. We appreciate our players out there who have been helping us crack down on cheaters in our game, and we hope that as we continue working with EAC we can keep the amount of players using hacks to a minimum.

last edited by chaton

@chaton got kicked for violating eac but I don't even know how I violated the rules pls help

Hi @RoninTheMisfit,

I'd advise you to check this page out. It is highly possible that it is related to an error described there. Could be something as common as an untrusted system file or a window safe mode being detected by EAC. There's also a solution guide available to help you out 🙂 .

last edited by Raibi

@RoninTheMisfit

For people just making it to this thread, I found that having Process Hacker (basically a suped-up version of task manager, not a malicious or exploit tool) enabled with the kernel-mode driver (under process hacker settings) led to EAC kicks. After some back and forth with EAC support, I was able to find out exactly what was causing the kick issue and it was disabling that option.

Also, Nvidia Inspector seems to cause issues, reshade as well. Pretty much anything that can modify the process or modify network (firewall like glasswire) can cause EAC kicks. I believe after some of my reports, this has been added to the EAC troubleshooting guide 🙂

last edited by cxmplex

hello, the previous title was a success. I am a linux user and I have never used a hack within a game and the fact that linux users are excluded from a release just because it is free software does not seem fair to me. Like me, many people play the previous installment in linux and when sandstorm comes out, you want to play and enjoy with the same rights as a console or windows user. In a game, it is not necessary to exclude Linux users because we are not hacker because we are free software, there are hacks and hackers using windows, so why does EAC violate us like this?
I bought the title and I can make it run on linux. but we are not allowed to play with other people, please. we deserve a place in the gaming world. A hacker is judged when such computer material is found. but being a linux user is not being a dirty person.

I know there are alternatives that would allow Linux users to enjoy multiplayer mode, they have allowed it before, and it was a success. Why not give us the opportunity today in sandstorm?

Please, fix the false anti-cheat violation. I join the game, 45 sec in the game, my character dies from shots after 20 sec Im getting a notification "You've being kicked Anti-cheat" This is outrages, never have I used or had any interest using cheats. Fix this problem because currently my game is unplayable due to these false anti-cheat kicks. My gamer tag is Dakota in steam my id is 237200394. I will stay in touch, fell free to contact me, Im willing to help and answer any questions according to the Ant-cheat problem I have. Thank you for your time

hello, ihave a problem: when i start the game all its good, but when i clikc in play, and its load, the game tell me that: integrity violation, i dont have cheats or same things, i cant play, if someone can help me, write me please.

thanks