I want to give a huge thank you to the devs/pubs

1024x1024 would be NUTS.

I did see on a certain modding site, two of the original ST maps combined into one, I have no idea how they managed to it.

stmods.ru I think it was, or something Russian site.

100x100 in the editor crashes at 8/9 when loading. 1024x1024 crashes almost straight away, worth a shot.

last edited by Digital X

@sodoma well i have not really gotten into or looked into the map stuff. which is why i was asking if you meant in the editor or in game. i have always figured the 32bit/64bit thing was just for memory. never really thought about if it affects anything with the maps as far as size goes.

@8up-local
because I dont know a ...thing... about coding, speculation time once more here:
32x64 bit thing is generally about "amount of adresses" you can work with, that means you can have "names" for more memory units, but anything else as well. It gives you "bigger basket" to carrying your stuff.
If you have certain number of digits describing X and Y on the map (where mud is, where trees are, players etc, you know, that grid I spoke about), that limits its size at some point.
But if you double nuber of those digits...

If anybody have an idea what I am talking about, please let me know, I am probably wrong anyway, but somebody with better insight could explain this better...

@sodoma yeah i get what you are saying now, but as with you i have no real clue going about doing it. lol

Well it's possible that the map size limit in an indirect result of using 32 bit in this game engine, but there isn't really any reason that it would become a hard cap. There are lots of games with huge maps, and 64 bit games are still pretty rare.

Also, not sure if that's what you meant, but 64 bit is quite a bit (no pun intended) more than double the amount of addresses! 33 bit is double the amount of addresses.

@lombra
Agree, but you have to admit, most (if not every else) games don't bother with that depth of enviroment simulation. Just take a look at Pavel's "Mud of Mudrunner" topic (or how's it named).
And yes, I am aware of that 32bit is not half of 64 bit, I am more about principle rather than exact numbers...
You know, just theoretizing around 😃