PS4 bug: Gang crashing on load.

Ever since yesterday, every time I load my escher gang, The game crashes at 62% loading, every time without fail. Only this gang is effected. No idea what the cause of it is. it is my highest rated gang at 5100 rating, No idea if that is a factor or not, But my other two gangs are half that rating and have no problem loading at all.
My cloud save for them are useless as well since they were backed up when I stopped playing the night before. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game in the slim hope that that would correct it. It did not.
Not sure what other options I have right now to fix the issue.

I am now getting the same crash. 62% exactly. High rating Escher gang. PS4.

I suspect it might be something really crazy like the custom names of the gangers. Occasionally when the gang loaded (after I rolled back to backup files) I noticed all members of the gang have reverted to their original randomised names, instead of the ones I gave them.

I haven't lost my saves but I'm now stuck because each time I load and complete an Operation, loading back to the hideout screen has like a 90% chance of crashing, so it's no longer worth playing just to waste time. This needs to be fixed.

looking at a few of the other posts this isnt an isolated issue even to ps4. great... nothing to do but wait now....

@casbyness said in PS4 bug: Gang crashing on load.:

I suspect it might be something really crazy like the custom names of the gangers. Occasionally when the gang loaded (after I rolled back to backup files) I noticed all members of the gang have reverted to their original randomised names, instead of the ones I gave them.

I'm playing on PC, and it's the same problem. I only use the default names. I think the problem arises when the gang level is too high (causing a crash).
It would be high time to release a fix because the game is no longer playable at all (except to create a new gang ... over and over again).
Again, it's a shame because the game itself is excellent.

@Le-Corbeau said in PS4 bug: Gang crashing on load.:

@casbyness said in PS4 bug: Gang crashing on load.:

I'm playing on PC, and it's the same problem. I only use the default names. I think the problem arises when the gang level is too high (causing a crash).
It would be high time to release a fix because the game is no longer playable at all (except to create a new gang ... over and over again).
Again, it's a shame because the game itself is excellent.

I think you're right. I've done quite a bit of testing today and I think it might be when an Escher gang exceeds a value of 5699. It looks like this creates a disjoint in the game's records/saves, so one file thinks the gang is worth under 5699 but another file registers a value of over 5700.

I tried abandoning my current Operation, starting a new one, loading up the first new mission and still the 62% bug hit me.

The weird thing is every one in a while the mission will successfully load. However, upon completing that mission, the game will crash when trying to return you to the 'Hideout' screen - this crash is guaranteed and because the game is saved just prior to this particular step there's no way to recover except for rolling back to before you began the mission. I've spent hours now completing the same mission over and over in vain, because after each success the game is hit by this bug.

As a potential workaround, I suggest swapping out one member of your main crew - replace them with a lower level ganger and see if the reduced gang rating allows you to avoid the 62% bug. Or make some equipment changes to lower the rating, etc.

I can definitely confirm that the crash isn't influenced by the AI gangs you face in a mission. On the few times that a mission will successfully load, it has not made any difference whether I've been facing 1, 2 or 3 enemy gangs. Also which House the gangs are from makes no difference either, the game doesn't have a problem loading a 6000+ Rating AI Escher gang.

Update -

I have tried:

Switching out gang members for lower ranks
Laying off gang members to reduce overall gang value
Switching out all Bolter-type weapons
Switching out all consumables
Excluding specific ganger types from the main crew
Restarting on a lower difficulty Operation
Selling off my stash
Wiping out learned skills
Deleting the other gangs' save files
Yelling at my PS4 🙂

• None of these attempted workarounds helped. Still got the 62% crash bug.

Thinking about exactly what was different in my Escher gang before and after this bug appeared, the only other thing I can think of is I never had a ganger get KOed and then revive her with Adrenalin Shot. It's very unlikely to be the real cause, but that's the only memorable thing that happened to my gang just before this started occuring.

Did anyone else notice the bug appear specifically after one of their crew was KOed and revived in a mission?

Nope, I have never had anyone get KO'd during a mission, have only really been playing on hard difficulty. as for the over 5600 thing... my gang is at 5099. so it must be something else we are overlooking but... cant really load the gang to look at them..

Hi guys,

I hear a lot of you have issues with loading gangs and we're sorry for that.
Could you send your save files? They make a big difference to find and correct the bugs, especially when it happens on higher level gangs 🙂
As for this, it looks like an issue devs have identified, but I would like to be sure if it's the same you're facing here or something else...

So please, feel free to send your save files, no matter what platform you're playing on. It may be easier as a PC player as you can just take the files here: C:\Users[YourPCName]\AppData\Local\Necromunda\Saved\SaveGames
On PS4, you can also get them by connecting a USB storage device to your console. Unfortunately, it's not as easy on X1...
You can send them to support@focus-home.com as stated in https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/53756/read-before-posting-how-to-report-a-bug, or you can send them directly here in your message, but you'll probably need to link a Wetransfer or similar as it can get pretty heavy.

Don't forget to tell us what is your concerned gang's name, so we can take a look!

We're truly sorry that this issue to prevent you from playing your gang, thank you a lot for helping us!

last edited by Focus_HugoM

@Focus_HugoM send it to where? you forgot to post the email

How do we email a 95MB - 195MB save file? I can only email up to 20MB 😛

@casbyness good question. i had to copy the whole entirely of my save file with all my gangs and i have no idea which is which lol

Updated my last message so you have all information are in the same place

@Focus_HugoM the folder was too big to email the entirety of my save files, i could have just sent the one gang... if i knew which one of the 3 it was. so i just uploaded the whole folder to my goggle drive. hope the link works I forget how to use the silly thing. anyway the gang that isn't working is called the Gutter Slags. hope it helps. if the link doesn't work lemme know i will try again
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FVakBR5ZM1TsawwlR0CWuYtnKpzJNIMG?usp=sharing

last edited by Beldryn

Yay I can play my slags again!