Map Editor that's not from Steam?

Hi,
I got Mudrunner from Epic Games' Free game of the week. (So I'm really new here).
I'd love to be able to create maps. Everyone online says - get the map editor from the Steam library (which is only possible if I bought the game off Steam). I found online from a few years ago, which looks like the same editor I've seen in youtube videos. It works. Made a map, moved it so that I can open it in Mudrunner. In mudrunner, I can choose the map, but I can't start playing it as it says "Choose at least 1 truck to start map", and there are no options to choose a truck. I googled that, and the response was - the map I'm using isn't for the latest version of Mudrunner. Obviously I need to be able to make maps for the latest version of Mudrunner.
I'm trying with basically a completely empty map, except for a garage locator with 1 truck which is set to active and not locked - just want to get it to run before I spend time building an actual map.
Any advice? Or Where can I get the latest version of the map editor that's not Steam?

Many thanks for any help.

Please help, I can't move on from here if I can't get a map to run. Potentially, it's not the map editor that's the problem, it's that I need to save the map differently somehow (or export it in some way) to get it to run.

Unfortunately they don't care @KingMuzza Mudrunner was put on Epic as a way of promoting Epic, and no thought was put into modding at all.

Your best bet is to check stmods regularly and hope that someone there posts an updated cracked version of the editor (you are using an older version which is why it won't work), as Focus certainly won't be bothering. Apparently an Epic-ready version of STMod is in the works too

Thanks Malcolm, that's actually helpful (a good 5 days after I started searching, you're the first person to actually respond). Seems weird that the tools are only available on Steam, and not Epic. I wouldn't have expected there to be a difference. I'm surprised I need a cracked version and this isn't something the developers aren't just handing out. I'll keep looking though. Thanks again.

@KingMuzza No worries man. Yeah they really bodged the Epic release, they didn't really have the players or modders in mind at all.

I would recommend joining the Snowrunner channel on Discord if you haven't already; this forum, especially the modding sections, are basically dead. You will at least get a reply there, even if it's just a 'dunno' lol

@KingMuzza said in Map Editor that's not from Steam?:

Obviously I need to be able to make maps for the latest version of Mudrunner.
I'm trying with basically a completely empty map, except for a garage locator with 1 truck which is set to active and not locked - just want to get it to run before I spend time building an actual map.
Any advice? Or Where can I get the latest version of the map editor that's not Steam?

Many thanks for any help.

Before we perhaps can make mudRunner maps we need someone to assist us. The test i would like to try is described here in details:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/57541/heightmaps-any-success-storys/7
If anyone that reads this would help. It would be much appreciated!