the pts keeps crashing 12/30/2020

SOLVED W/ 12.3 PATCH 1/20/21
EDIT 1/16/2021: The 12.1 patch fixed the crashing, STILL NO Modio
.....................................................................................................................
EDIT 1/10/2021 : I for one am getting pretty pissed off, They announce this Big Patch for the PTS, and a lot of us can't even Use the PTS. No, i'm not 'getting' pissed.. I am pissed off

• original post:
  • hi, the PTS keeps crashing. I can only make it to the main window. once i select any one of the options (settings, mods, new, etc etc.) it crashes.. i have reinstalled a ton of times, cleared ALL snowrunner caches, temp files, app data etc etc.
  • This has been going on since the api key stopped working to open modio, early december, can't figure that out as well.
  • I Hoped that the 12.0 update would help NO DICE. can someone PLEASE help me with this.. i contacted modio, they were useless, contacted Epic, they were nice but couldn't help.
    So now I'm begging the Dev team for their help..
  • i Really like the PTS and have been without it for over a month.
    please help me and the other Snowrunners in the world with this
    thank you, very much. Rufus Johns
last edited by rufus

I have this exact issue. Only work around I've found is to click on game screen ignoring crash error box and I can continue playing. I started building a map with main editor instead of pts to avoid this

i can use pts editor i open it thru thru bin editor folder. also my screen goes to the desktop behind the error report box.
i'm in contact with both epic and focus(focus has NOT responded, yet) Epic is at least getting back to me.
Does the mod tab work for you? it won't let me sign in.
please lmk if you come up with something pls
Rufus

dude10, that Works! I'm still getting emails from epic and focus trying to find a proper solution, i will post any solutions.
Rufus

same for me always loading (crashing) original map but work with mod map

Always crashes, even if I only on the main menu.

Temporary solution:
If the Error Reporter Pops up let stay it and click into the game.

@Nobody0815 said in the pts keeps crashing 12/30/2020:

Always crashes, even if I only on the main menu.

Temporary solution:
If the Error Reporter Pops up let stay it and click into the game.

It's work for mod.io maps but do not work for original map like Yukon for me (always continue loading...)

@bruno2020
I don't have any mods yet, so I can't say anything about that ^^

@bruno2020 clicking next to the error box has been working for me..
but the modio mods just keep loading. lose one option, gain another..
I'd like to think that the Developers Will Do Something

@Jellyfoosh can we possibly get a little insight here as to what could be causing this issue? i am running msi B450A pro MOBO, Radeon RX580 8GB vram, amd ryzen 5 2600. i know my pc is good to run it, i can run the none PTS with no issues.
it literally crashes everytime i start it, i have freshly reinstalled the game, restarted the pc and even rolled back my amd driver. no luck fixing this. I have not played much in the last few weeks on the PTS but there is a lot of new mods being put out on the PTS and id like to play them...
Please help?
And just clicking outside the crash dump window is not a fix.
(it tagged the wrong person to begin with.)

last edited by hellknight2042

WELL SAID!! where are you jellyfoosh?? it is okay to say 'i don't know', it is better than ignoring us

@rufus chances are we will be ignored because this is a "hardware" problem but yet everyone is having this same issue! All DEVs are hiding trying to figure it out or just hiding to not get back lash from the consumers. They literally do not care, I have both PC and PS4 version of snowrunner, both are premium, i bought the pc version so i can start playing the new mods and play with the new version, but i guess @Jellyfoosh and the other DEVS are on vacation leaving us with a broken game.. 😂 🤣
Everyone feel free to tag your fav DEV and let them know, We need the know how to fix this or a update!

EDIT: 12.1 PATCH FIXED THE ERROR CRASH.. STILL NO MODIO 1/16/21
@hellknight2042 hi, i think that jellyfoosh is a moderator for the forum. A go between the Dev's and Us,(' Us' that have invested in Every ST/MR/SR product available for purchase.).
I mean, i've been fighting this for going on 2 months, it all started with an API Key(?) error, for modio. and it just got progressively worse. This Work Around is BullPoop. And they(Dev's) did not let us know about it.
I for one are getting pretty pissed off, They announce this Big Patch for the PTS, and a lot of us can't even Use the PTS. No, i'm not 'getting' pissed.. I am pissed off

last edited by rufus

@rufus said in the pts keeps crashing 12/30/2020:

please help me and the other Snowrunners in the world with this

They should provide a "savegame.dat" which works for PTS. All Upgrades unlocked from the other regions, enough cash (5 Million would be very comfortable).

@JTT I have all the trucks unlocked, and all their addons(engines, suspension, gearbox etc. etc). and $999999000 in money, i'll try to pack it all up, if your interested?

@rufus

Well, "I did it myself" with a bit of Notepad++.

Still, there were some quirks in my savegame, as for example the radar trailer was unlocked the old fashioned way, but did never appear in the trailer store. Was able to help me a bit with some more editing in the trailer files. Works for PTS, thats all.

What I still cant understand - how is it possible that the game crashes with its own savefiles. Should never ever happen. That stuff must be coded bulletproof.

last edited by JTT

@JTT
I agree, however my knowledge of xml editing is limited. so i hit various roadblocks, during editing.
I don't remember a saved map/game failed to load, if it has opened once before. it usually opens again.
unless it is one of my maps and i do a big edit, then it has crashed.

My problem was, that a "fresh" game starting in michigan did load, but my PTS savegame with finished Yukon did not load at all since the 12.0 Version. even going back three months did not allow me a game to load.

So what do you do:
(a) start in michigan, find all (relevant) upgrades and trucks to proceed with Wisconsin?
(b) Take notepad++ and figure out how the upgrades are manually unlocked and how you make a lot of money and experience "fast".

Thats why I suggested to provide as "savegame.dat" being provided for those who wanna test. Thats a test platform and not "make one playthrough per release" waste of time.

last edited by JTT

a new version of PTS just arrive I started downloading, cross fingers

keep you in touch

great it's work now PTS version 12.1

always crash dumping windows but Yukon map is fully loaded now

now it's time to test Wisconsin map