Damage is too much

Damage here, damage there, damage everywhere. Seems to be a bit more again.
The whole damage system is weird. Just a few hundred meters after leaving the garage the truck can be really heavy damaged. And even if you trie not to fall asleep and going really slow and careful it doesnt matter. There is so much trollish damage around you cant be aware of.

Isnt it the nature of things if there are masses of stones - to build something, I dont know - something like trucks a bit more resistant to stones? Everybody is complaining about realism of the game but this is getting more and more weird, like currents of the rivers: they slow you massive down not only against the current, in any direction. Or the slowed down mud/snow where the unique feeling of any truck and the setup is simply destroyed.

For Example: I cannot really see a challenge in touching (not hitting) a post with a tire in small place with a heavy Truck that kills half your supension and machine immediately.

Am I the only one who thinks this is against fun and skilled gameplay?

i write every damage point and pay for it (5$/point), and i dont find too much damage...i would say i have 2 missions from 3 - CLEAN, 3rd mission usually brings 50 points, its very small damage amounts, taking into consideration the sr route conditions...why to have workshops, if no damages met?)
i dont drive like a snail, but for sure im careful, its the meaning of damage system in games, huge step after first driving games like nfs or gt1/2, when we could forget about brakes button)

@Stazco said in Damage is too much:

i write every damage point and pay for it (5$/point), and i dont find too much damage...i would say i have 2 missions from 3 - CLEAN, 3rd mission usually brings 50 points, its very small damage amounts, taking into consideration the sr route conditions...why to have workshops, if no damages met?)
i dont drive like a snail, but for sure im careful, its the meaning of damage system in games, huge step after first driving games like nfs or gt1/2, when we could forget about brakes button)

Agreed, damage is avoidable if you are patient and careful. I for one hate damage on my vehicles, so I get great satisfaction when a mission is completed damage free. To the OP... environment awareness, using the right tools for the job (not trying to force an oversized truck down a road intended for scouts) and patience

Damage is pretty normal, except tire and suspension damage, which need to be fixed ASAP. Tires and suspensions do not receive damage when you drive on pavement IRL, especially not at the speeds trucks can drive, and they almost never receive damage on dirt roads either, as long as the speed is kept reasonable. Ingame you receive damage randomly in a lot of places, and 99% of the time, it's random damage to the suspension and the tires. IRL the only thing that would cause damage to these parts is driving over something sharp, or driving over something at great speed.

I've been driving my grandpas pickup truck at speeds over 100km/h on the pothole ridden roads in our village, and in the last 8 years i'm driving, I had 0 tire or suspension damage. the pickup truck is 20 years old btw.