Crash barrier in Drummond Island (guardrail) partially fixed in PTS 12.x still in 13.6

On the way to the Drummond Island Bridge, the two crash barriers (guardrails ... idk the right english word) in front of it are modeled in mirror image. With the sharp edges it always looks awful when you drive along there with the truck tires.

Leitplanken Drummond Island.jpg

last edited by Fratzegeballer

it is called a guardrail, and I always felt like the collision model worked the same. The idea in the guardrail was to careen cars back toward the road not stop them dead.

Do you mean that the metal “barrier” part should be facing in, towards the road? If that’s what you mean, then I def agree with you.

Yes, the things that are anchored in the ground belong on the other side of the guardrail.

I didn't notice and I agree with you.

text alternatif

Yup, those guardrails in Drummond Island are definitely inside-out.

Correct, the guardrail is facing the wrong direction.

@Fratzegeballer
Thank you for the report! We will take note.

@Fratzegeballer said in Crash barrier in Drummond Island:

On the way to the Drummond Island Bridge, the two crash barriers (guardrails ... idk the right english word) in front of it are modeled in mirror image. With the sharp edges it always looks awful when you drive along there with the truck tires.

I was happy to see, that the guardrail shown at the entire post at Drummon Island and the levitating pole near the metall beam trailer is fixed. 👍

But only one of the two guardrails was fixed. The next to the bridge (in driving direction, the short one, where the yellow square for the bridge task is) is still mirror image.

content on vanilla maps is freezed for now and will not be changed in the near future, we needed to lock it down due to technical reasons

I like to think of this as a thematic detail - some shoddy workmanship by a road crew who wanted to bunk off early for lunch 😛

Reminds me of some of my own DIY efforts - thinking "I swear, I checked three separate times just to make sure, and I still managed to drill the holes on the wrong side!"