Highway-trucks off-road -Why?

I only bought snowRunner because i wanted to make maps, i really have not played the default game more than a short drive around in the scout. Absolutely stunning environment-graphics. So not tried the actual game until now. And i am confused.
I am driving around in a ~70% off-road world on trucks with highway-tires -Why?
Is that 'difficulty'?
To use a pair of pliers as a hammer?
Sure that is difficult! But its also stupid.
I have managed to wickle the Highway-truck Fleetstar all up over a ridge, trying to find a back entrance to Warehouse, in map Michigan. Then i meet this:
a5a33032-fcbb-4ee6-9f27-47eda11f0405-image.png
I managed to get to the red dot, then.. forget about it!
Highway-tires, in that swamp?
Why?
The player need to be rank 8 before he can buy mud tires -Why?
Where would that come from? 6000+ stars?
Warehouse is of limits for highway-tires. Each and every task where warehouse need to be visited.. Impossible on highway 'slicks'.
I dont understand the 'difficulty' in snowrunner a-pose to mudRunner'.
In mudRunner the player had the tools: Trucks with sufficient power and tires to do the job. I just dont see that in snowRunner.

Why would you try to go through that swamp with highway tires? Why would you do that task so early in the game? It seems like you have some things to learn about SnowRunner. That's all I'll say about this because honestly if you think about it enough, you will answer your own questions... keyword... think.

last edited by secelit3

@secelit3 I cant find tasks that does not send me off-road. ~ 70% of Michigan is off-road
All roads to Warehouse is swamped.
What mudRunner did was to have alternative paths, (and also on-map stronger vehicles) I dare to claim that there is no alternative paved road to warehouse.
Afai understood, all the other regions are even more rough, but maybe that is not the case? That is of cause something i have not looked at..

@aMuddyHand said in Highway-trucks off-road -Why?:

@secelit3 I cant find tasks that does not send me off-road. ~ 70% of Michigan is off-road
All roads to Warehouse is swamped.
What mudRunner did was to have alternative paths, (and also on-map stronger vehicles) I dare to claim that there is no alternative paved road to warehouse.
Afai understood, all the other regions are even more rough, but maybe that is not the case? That is of cause something i have not looked at..

That task shouldn’t be attempted until you have off-road tires at least. It’s game progression. Not having everything at the beginning gives a sense of accomplishment when you gain a level or obtain better equipment. Snowrunner isn’t a linear game by any means, but it does make you think about what you are doing and punishes you when you make bad choices. Taking highway tires into a swamp as deep as a sizable truck’s doors isn’t a good choice

last edited by secelit3

@secelit3 I found out what my issue was, and it may be of value for others so i'l share.
In Customizing inside Garage it is actually possible to add AWD to fleetstar, with NO cost!
It is just not mentioned(?) anywhere ..or..?
With AWD it is possible to reach the Warehouse from SE, even on Higway-tires, though most of the road is mud/ dirt, and then it is possible to cover contracts with brigs.
I just diddent know about that free upgrades option was available in Garage.