PTS Update 30/04/2021 (13.11)

Hello everyone 🙂

We made a small update on Public Test Server, here are changes:

• Fixed a bug where the on-map cargo was trembling for clients in the co-op
  • Fixed a bug where Twin Tall Wedge-cap Snorkel for Pacific P512 PF did not work properly

Have a great weekend and enjoy the game!

Thanks for keep working on it and polishing it more!

Thanks again for great work & correcting problems. Have always : Memory can't be written.... crash window at start since 13.4 PTS version game.

Hello @moatoa
Thank you for the report.
Can you please reach us with this issue at snowrunner@saber3d.com?
Feel free to mention any details about this issue, attach a screenshot, where we can see the issue.

last edited by rudeborya

@rudeborya

Isn't he wearing the same badge as you? 🙂

Bugs & issues carried over from all previous, live & PTS versions of the game.

Trucks:
White Star: fenders clips most attachments............................................Clipping issue.
CT680: petrol tank collides with metal detector.......................................Clipping issue.
CT680: rear wheels are twitching in garage when attaching fuel tank...Clipping issue.
CLT9000: fenders clips log carrier front...................................................Clipping issue, noticeable when turning.
4070A: loading crane touches petrol tank on both sides........................Clipping issue.
C70: low fifth wheel is incorrectly placed.................................................Design issue.
Dan: low fifth wheel is incorrectly placed.................................................Design issue.
Dan: Spare wheel clips fuel tank...............................................................Clipping issue.
Dan: Spare wheel clips flatbed front mount.............................................Clipping issue.
Dan: Spare wheel clips sideboard bed......................................................Clipping issue.
P12: maintenance addon ladders clips left rear wheels.........................Clipping issue.
BM17: loader crane clips spare wheel......................................................Clipping issue.
Zikz: fenders clips log carrier front...........................................................Clipping issue, noticeable when driving.
Azov 5319: fenders clips log carrier front................................................Clipping issue, noticeable when turning.
Azov 64131: fenders clips log carrier front..............................................Clipping issue, noticeable when turning.
Azov 73210: fender clips log carrier front................................................Clipping issue, noticeable when turning.
M916A1: loader crane clips left rear wheels............................................Clipping issue.
49X: Left front axle steering knuckle incorrectly angled. Fixed.
All trucks: Sound doesn't match rpm or speed.
All trucks: Loader crane not attached to frame, you can see gaps between the loader crane and the frame when loader crane is moving when driving.
All trucks: Rotary or flashing lights do not cast any light. Either on environment, other trucks or the truck the lights are installed on. Should either be reworked or removed.

World:
Cargo: Changes weight depending on situation.
Lights: Overpowered light sources, many maps have artificial light sources that are extremely oversaturated as if they were powered by their own sun. This can be signs, lamps etc. Example: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/57790/light-brightness-wisconsin-in-general

last edited by idiocracy

@idiocracy very important list. Everything is relative, on this forum I see many people consider your points nitpicking. Many other game developers would burn in shame if any of those bugs/ mistakes went through quality assurance before game was released one year ago. I love the game, still believing that devs should fix all those issues ASAP in every update.

True, there are persistent issues with the game and there are others beyond idiocracy's list (I would put floating tires, gearbox downshifting as more important than some minor clipping), but in fairness to the devs this PTS update wasn't meant to address any of those issues, and I think it's best to stick to discussing the issues that are on the change list in the first post.

last edited by Unster

@idiocracy the truck engine sounds not matching speed or RPM is not a bug, the game has always been that way, and mudrunner was the same way. I actually like it, because the engines get louder when working harder, and quieter when not.

Great job so far devs!

One thing though with the Zikz-605R:
The tire size should be 63 inches, not 61 inches like it is, because the Maz-537 IRL has 1600 mm tall tires, which converts to almost exactly 63 inches.

Keep up the good work!

@gnato666
It's probably nitpicking, i haven't noticed anyone besides you bringing that up. But considering the trucks are the main attraction, always in the center of the screen, staring at it for hours on end. I for one do notice these kinda things, also they've been there since day one.

@Unster
True, the gearbox should definitely be one the list. That list isn't just about what i think they should fix "eventually" but more a list of what i just happened to remember. Now it would be cool if it could be turned into a "complete" list of alle the issues and then slowly cross them out as they're fixed. Easy way to keep track of it all.

@reidyroo9
You might like it, but it's unrealistic and i find it off-putting. Games has gotten this right for decades, it can only be considered a bug when a game released in 2020 failed at this.

last edited by idiocracy

@reidyroo9 said in PTS Update 30/04/2021 (13.11):

@idiocracy the truck engine sounds not matching speed or RPM is not a bug, the game has always been that way, and mudrunner was the same way. I actually like it, because the engines get louder when working harder, and quieter when not.

Engine sound should be proportional to both RPM (which doesn't really exist in this game) and engine load. In SR, it's only proportional to engine load. What's worse is the complete engine silence at low speeds and partial throttle. MR didn't have this bug, even though Saber claims the sound system was ported fully from MR. Obviously not. Anyway, we probably shouldn't be discussing this here.

Phase 4 coming out may 18