FYI: new update breaks/uninstalls mods.

anyone having issues with getting modded MP to work?

MP doesn't seem to work with custom objects for me anymore. I got it to work with a custom map with no custom objects. I got custom maps and objects to work in single player. I tried packaging my map up like the zipped dlc and added a line to the config file. Tried adding my custom objects to the media.zip. Tried my original way with the unzipped media and with the edited config line. Tried JSGME. I've also tried Mod 1.6.5, 1.6.6, 1.6.7 none of those work for me anymore. Between each change I would verify files back to original. I'm totally confused why some people would be able to use their 1.6.7 (or any version) of mod and others can't. Must be missing something. Shot in the dark but I have all my game files on D:\ and I wondered if it made some changes to C:\ that the mod isn't seeing anymore. Good ol spintires doing what it does best! Hopefully someone smarter than me figures out wtf is going on.

i'm with you Gambler, i went thru everything my limited knowledge has , mirroring your attempts and still cannot get any thing to work like it did right before the DLC. CAN I JUST PREVENT THE DLC ACCESS TO MY GAME???? I'd rather keep on the way it was...

@rufus you can uncheck the box for the DLC in your game properties in steam. i have not done this yet though myself. just open the steam library and right click the game. select properites and go to the DLC tab.

Makes no sense at all that some people are having these kinds of issues and some are not like WTF right, Literally nothing is wrong with my game at the moment (knock on wood) I just finished a bunch of testing all my current tweak mods are working fine,
-Tattoo Shifter - had to Reinstall after update
-My Maps - Had to remake the Media Path and folder after update
-Mud Particle - Had to remove it again after update
-The 4gig Fix is working fine - did not have to reinstall after update but did anyway / drag and dropped
-The Mudrunner Plus or whatever its called is working perfectly - I did not have to reinstall after update but I did anyway / drag and dropped...I'm running the 1.6.6 version.

I just set up a MP session and launched it solo and that's working perfectly with my maps/ mods, I cant test MP with a friend yet because none of my friend's games are working correctly, I know none of this helps anyone whos experiencing problems i just dont understand how some have these problems and some are not because of a simple update....What happened to being excited for updates? I fear the next one.

last edited by A Former User

@SmarOneNine
Carrying over from Oldtires, ALWAYS fear the updates...
"Vanilla game's running great, sorry about your mods... Again..."
Remember when even small background updates would nerf every single mod map?

@smaronenine i hear ya in fear for the next one, but at the same time this game (spintires) has always broken things with major updates, so i was not surprised myself when things broke. just nice how fast the community acted this time around was beautiful imo. true not everthing is fixed and working, but still a fast recovery so far imo. i am proud at us for not just getting most things fixed quickly, but how little people complaind this time around. i say this without really checking how bad it might be in the steam discussions though lol.

well unless we the community can figure out the rest of the broken stuff i guess we will just have to wait for what is still broken? to be updated and fixed. i only question the broken part since not everyone is having problems.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local Stay very far away from the steam discussions just a warning lol, there's a lot of crying going on in there omg.

@8up-local - I unselected the update in Steam and tried a few times. The new level doesn't show up but it didn't work for me. I did try entering the lobby and swapping the files to a modded map similar to the JSGME method. No luck there either. Totally baffled why some people were able to keep their mudrunner mod. I have suspect something to do with the d3d9.dll file I had a friend that was having issues installing the mod pre-update took us a while to figure out and we narrowed it down to his direct X file being damaged. I'm wondering if something similar has happened to some of us. I'll try and track down what he did and report back.

Could I get people that have a working mod to report if they have any additional d3d9.dll files? There seems to be a trend happening. For example a d3d9.dll 43 or 44.