Modders / Map Makers / Reward Scheme / Royalty Rewards ETC

Dont take this the wrong way but mudrunners is now owned by focus correct ??

Focus / Giants own farming simulator Correct ?

So regarding mods etc and the people who make them for free will there be any reward scheme per download just like there is for farming sim ?? The amount of time and effort thats put into it should be rewarded as i mean come on the game wouldnt be no where near as big .. just like farming sim giants and focus ??

Now before people come back with its my passion i love making mods etc .. yes i understand this but do understand this .. companys make games like this with the option for mods to keep them going for a long time ... look at grand theft auto its still being sold and has made its money god knows how many times over in mods .. and there never going to release the new one because its still making money...

my point is i think modders especially the ones who have done this for a looong time should be rewarded ... as your rewarding the companys by keeping the game going ... Your making them money so why shouldnt you make a piece too ??

p.s if it wasnt for spun/nix /wrenchin monkey smaronenine/Forces etc and all the other great modders this game for me and many many others would be game over ... there mods and maps have brought the game a looooong way. i understand the game was never designed for this but face it theres more and more trail mods and maps coming now things have been explained its still a bit taboo but were getting there.

map support in workshop would be great its still not been sorted out ... reason why ????

last edited by A Former User

While I do agree with what you are saying and it does make a lot of sense that for a fact the modders/map guys have kept this game alive for a very long time dating back to the original spintires and if it wasnt for all of there work I believe we all would have never seen a mudrunner follow up thats my opinion ofcourse , and now there is a whole new crop of map makers coming outta the woodwork to assure the game's longevity myself being one of them and with that being said id like to say thank you to @Nix_909 for taking the time to make those tutorial videos that got me interested in the first place....Also another thank you is due to Him and @WrenchinMonkey for there continued help with all my questions I still ask from time to time...Now we need to get some updated Mod Making tutorials out there on youtube it really does bring a whole new level to the game as far as building a community, Again just my opinion.

As far as getting paid for what we do? I dont know how Farm Sim works because ive never played but guess it would be ok to see a rewards thing on amount of downloads we get but personally you said it best already that most including myself do this because it really is a passion and most just enjoy doing it, It's pretty rewarding to me just to get a thank you and knowing someone out there enjoys something we put into a game, I don't mind people who post donate buttons for there work some of us do including myself and thank you to everyone who has donated to myself and forces its much appreciated! And you're very welcome to the ones that I have donated to your work is amazing! What I don't agree with is the few that won't offer any help or release anything without getting paid first since when did become your job? But whatever I guess there's only a few of those, Overall the community is great and I'm glad to be a small part of it.

@shuffy
Focus = publisher Saber Interactive = developers
Same with FarmingSim; Giant = developers Focus = publisher
Think of it like a restaurant, Saber is like the cook in the back actually MAKING your food, Focus is like the waitress bringing it to your table. Holding that waitress accountable for what comes out of that kitchen is just as irrelevant as holding the cook accountable for the customer service you receive out front.
Publishers are basically turd polishers; their job is to SELL you on something whether it's legit decent or utter trash they still want to tout it as "the greatest thing since sliced bread" as it were. If the developers are actually creating a great product to start with, it makes the publishers' jobs easy...

@mexican_420 'turd polishers' lol , Sorry that put a smile on my face.

@mexican_420 said in Modders / Map Makers / Reward Scheme / Royalty Rewards ETC:

@shuffy
Focus = publisher Saber Interactive = developers
Same with FarmingSim; Giant = developers Focus = publisher
Think of it like a restaurant, Saber is like the cook in the back actually MAKING your food, Focus is like the waitress bringing it to your table. Holding that waitress accountable for what comes out of that kitchen is just as irrelevant as holding the cook accountable for the customer service you receive out front.
Publishers are basically turd polishers; their job is to SELL you on something whether it's legit decent or utter trash they still want to tout it as "the greatest thing since sliced bread" as it were. If the developers are actually creating a great product to start with, it makes the publishers' jobs easy...

ahh that makes sense well in that case we wont see nothing then from saber interactive or focus in regards to royaltys etc

@smaronenine said in Modders / Map Makers / Reward Scheme / Royalty Rewards ETC:

While I do agree with what you are saying and it does make a lot of sense that for a fact the modders/map guys have kept this game alive for a very long time dating back to the original spintires and if it wasnt for all of there work I believe we all would have never seen a mudrunner follow up thats my opinion ofcourse , and now there is a whole new crop of map makers coming outta the woodwork to assure the game's longevity myself being one of them and with that being said id like to say thank you to @Nix_909 for taking the time to make those tutorial videos that got me interested in the first place....Also another thank you is due to Him and @WrenchinMonkey for there continued help with all my questions I still ask from time to time...Now we need to get some updated Mod Making tutorials out there on youtube it really does bring a whole new level to the game as far as building a community, Again just my opinion.

As far as getting paid for what we do? I dont know how Farm Sim works because ive never played but guess it would be ok to see a rewards thing on amount of downloads we get but personally you said it best already that most including myself do this because it really is a passion and most just enjoy doing it, It's pretty rewarding to me just to get a thank you and knowing someone out there enjoys something we put into a game, I don't mind people who post donate buttons for there work some of us do including myself and thank you to everyone who has donated to myself and forces its much appreciated! And you're very welcome to the ones that I have donated to your work is amazing! What I don't agree with is the few that won't offer any help or release anything without getting paid first since when did become your job? But whatever I guess there's only a few of those, Overall the community is great and I'm glad to be a small part of it.

hold up people charge for making mods and maps ?? thats low considering its something people enjoy doing ...

@shuffy
Money makes the world go 'round, my friend...
#sadbuttrue