spintires Plus for Mudrunner

@smaronenine said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

Can't wait for the mudrunner plus update that tweaks the camera and shuts the damage off.

Im with this guy!

sorry i can not help but giggle a bit when people refer to the mod as Plus. i am sure the author likes the mis-naming. lol

it is kinda like with force accel, but everyone kept calling it cruise control. now that is exactly what they have officially named it. which is wrong actually since cruise control holds a set speed, while a force accel is a throttle control and holds a set throttle position. all of which is just apples and oranges to most people though. lol

theres been an update to mudrunner we are waiting now for this MOD to be updated to 1.6.8..

does not work for me tried countless times. also hate mud runner i think it is worse not a lot of mod support and i have had the game since it came out barley runs.

@waldo said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

....... barley runs. You makin beer? Lol

@waldo What exactly do you mean by "does not work"?

Anyway, it seems to me that they've gone out of their way to make sure the game supports every type of mod imaginable. If you can think it up, there's most likely some way to make it work in the game. So I beg to differ with you there.

To each his own. But IMO MudRunner is much better, in just about every(if not every single) possible way, than the original ST. I've tried playing ST a few times after playing MR. And I can't stand to play it anymore. It's weak sauce in comparison. Immature, childlike, juvenile, and feeble are other descriptors that come to mind.

MR is by no means perfect. But it far more than "barely runs".

I get why you're saying all this though. You're pissed off and talking shit to vent some anger. I do that sometimes too.

@waldo Lots of info on here about how to get it working properly. Instead of saying you hate the game maybe try posting what your issues are?? Lots of people on here to help ya.. I've put plenty of time into both games Mudrunner is far better imo.

Anyone else having issues with Multiplayer running current version? I was having issues last night being able to select trucks, I reinstalled the current version of SM and now workshop trucks do not show up in my multiplayer truck selection.

@a-slice-of-pizza Ya I have the current version, I have deleted it and reinstalled. Works fine for Solo play but I still can't pick workshop trucks for MP. Thank god for Dev menu.

@fatboy I think you mean the new system for choosing mods ?
It's not a SpintiresMod feature but actually its since the DLC game update.

New system to choose mods in MP:

• Obviously open MP and choose the map you like.
  • Click Manage Mods
  • On the right side select the mods you want,
    it will show selected behind the mods name (you can choose 8 max.).
  • Click OK in the Manage Mods menu and go to your choose trucks menu.
  • Your selected mods should now be showing on the bottom of your truck list
    and you can select them to play with.
  • Each player can choose his own (default)trucks and his own mods (from the 8 the lobby leader selected).

Another problem could be blank / no name mods.... to solve this do the following:

• Open Single Player (no need to choose a map).
  • Click Manage Mods.
  • Look for empty / blank / no name spaces in the list.
  • Highlight / select the empty space and click the << button.

I hope this clear things up, happy muddying and don't roll sideways 😋

Sincerely,
ShadowSINcere

last edited by ShadowSINcere

@shadowsincere I bet it's the blank mods. I had a bunch that re-appeared in the mod list. I'm guessing the game updates and adds them back in. Something to keep checking I guess.

last edited by GumbootGambler

@shadowsincere said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

@fatboy I think you mean the new system for choosing mods ?
It's not a SpintiresMod feature but actually its since the DLC game update.

New system to choose mods in MP:

• Obviously open MP and choose the map you like.
  • Click Manage Mods
  • On the right side select the mods you want,
    it will show selected behind the mods name (you can choose 8 max.).
  • Click OK in the Manage Mods menu and go to your choose trucks menu.
  • Your selected mods should now be showing on the bottom of your truck list
    and you can select them to play with.
  • Each player can choose his own (default)trucks and his own mods (from the 8 the lobby leader selected).

Another problem could be blank / no name mods.... to solve this do the following:

• Open Single Player (no need to choose a map).
  • Click Manage Mods.
  • Look for empty / blank / no name spaces in the list.
  • Highlight / select the empty space and click the << button.

I hope this clear things up, happy muddying and don't roll sideways 😋

Sincerely,
ShadowSINcere

Thanks, guess I should have read the update notes, simple user error.

last edited by Fatboy

@gumbootgambler
Yea sadly this still happens, I'm checking my list everyday for those weird things. Somehow weird though I don't get the FPS stutter / drop down every 1-2 seconds anymore while there are blank mods. It did the FPS thing though for a while after the DLC update.

@fatboy
You're welcome :))

@joridiculous Are you using JSGME ? It basically does this

@joridiculous jsgme does exactly this if it's setup right and the mods aswell... you can enable disable them while in-game.... alt tab disable one map enable another... or stack them if the other files don't overwrite eachother....