SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

@8up-local

as usual here

I even had no time to read if the new version is supported.
But iā€˜m Waiting for response

@alpscruiser yeah, i really to do not trust that site. i have gotten a few viruses there before, but i download from it anyway once and a while when it is the only host for something. seems to be a clean DL though. thank you for the link.

mod description from the site:

• Manager mods, the ability to disable / enable the signed mods of the workshop.
  • New system of mods support. Ability to connect additional language files. The system of localization of mods in the workshop.
  • Support for tracked vehicles.
  • Increased the size of the physical world - allows you to play on maps larger than 1x1km.
  • Scrolling is done when selecting a map.
  • You can turn off file scanning.
  • Synchronization of light machines in multiplayer.

Editor:

• Supported version: Spintires Mudrunner - Editor Beta version 17/12/08.
  • Removed restrictions on the size of the map when creating a new one. But at the moment with large sizes there are bugs, including possible errors with a lack of memory.
  • Improved calculation of heights (you can make steeper slopes).
  • Some interface improvements (no error message is displayed (writes only in the log), etc.)
  • Running the mod editor as usual via Steam, or through modified SpinTiresEditorMod.exe, it patches the possibility of allocating more than 2GB of memory to the application.

Full support for Spintires 03.03.16 is terminated (this means only that the full check after the changes is not done), but still everything can work.

Installing SpintiresMod

• You can install the mod in any folder, except the folder of the game / editor itself.
  • To connect the mod, specify in the settings folder of the installed game / editor (for example "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Spintires: MudRunner ").
  • If there are problems when copying files mod - run launcher with administrator rights or manually copy files from the Install folder, at least d3d9.dll.
  • The game starts as usual from the stim, the "launch" button in the launcher is not necessary.
  • Mod settings are in the settings menu of the game itself. In multiplayer, add. functions (winch, developer tools, spa locators, etc.) are included only if the game server has allowed them to use.

Description of the localization of mods in the workshop and not only look in previous updates.

For more information, see Readme.ru.txt in the Help folder.
For all settings / settings, contact the SPINTIRES HARDCORE group .

You can play on cards with additional. objects, but possible flights and bugs.

Version 1.6.8 for Spintires: MudRunner (v29.01.18):

Added support for Spintires: MudRunner (v29.01.18)
Update: while multiplayer does not work.

last edited by A Former User

Just installed 1.6.8, seems like everything is working within the mod options but I have no luck with the MP, I created a public lobby and peoples names just pop in and out , So i backed out and tried joining a bunch of rooms and get the same error everytime...

alt text

I think I know why for some it did work and for some not. (1.6.7 or previous)

Those who got the DLC without reinstalling and/or verify the game files are all running in game version: 01-11-2017 (as in 1st Nov 2017).
For this version the ''STMR+ 1.6.7" still works.

Those who got the DLC and reinstalled and/or verified the game files are all running in game version: 19/01/2018 (as in 19th Jan 2018).

Anyways here is the link to 1.6.8 >>> https://stmods.ru/spintires_mudrunner/materials_for_game/spintiresmod_exe_by_alexnez_for_mudrunner/

NOTE:

BTW I think its a typo, 29.01.18 should be 19.01.18

last edited by ShadowSINcere

@shadowsincere said in How to install SpintiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev tools, map select scroll bar, battery winch, and much more!:

I think I know why for some it did work and for some not. (1.6.7 or previous)

Those who got the DLC without reinstalling and/or verify the game files are all running in game version: 01-11-2017 (as in 1st Nov 2017).
For this version the ''STMR+ 1.6.7" still works.

Those who got the DLC and reinstalled and/or verified the game files are all running in game version: 19/01/2018 (as in 19th Jan 2018).

Anyways here is the link to 1.6.8 >>> https://stmods.ru/spintires_mudrunner/materials_for_game/spintiresmod_exe_by_alexnez_for_mudrunner/

NOTE:

BTW I think its a typo, 29.01.18 should be 19.01.18

shame they dont employ you mate hotfix would be out by now ..

its wierd how some peoples game went messed up fps wise and some were fine ... 2 of my friends have not verified game but there mod didnt work then mine and another friends just worked without verifying ... really strange

The FPS messed up for me too, figured out eventually that its related to work shop mod(s).
Unsubscribed all mods, reinstalled the game, subscribed again and everything runs smooth as for now.

I saw in steam there is an easier way to do this though, IF you have the FPS issue and its workshop mod related then do this:

• go ingame > single player
  • click manage mods
  • delete all mods without a name

@shadowsincere said in How to install SpintiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev tools, map select scroll bar, battery winch, and much more!:

The FPS messed up for me too, figured out eventually that its related to work shop mod(s).
Unsubscribed all mods, reinstalled the game, subscribed again and everything runs smooth as for now.

I saw in steam there is an easier way to do this though, IF you have the FPS issue and its workshop mod related then do this:

• go ingame > single player
  • click manage mods
  • delete all mods without a name

so have u got the mudrunner mod working after verifying and fixing your fps ?

@ShadowSINcere
I did notice the sketchy looking version number on mine, but knowing how sketchy this game can be to start with I didn't think twice. Good eye!

also regarding deleting non named mods .. i just did this thinking why not .. and now i have seriously low fps just incase anyone else is thinking of trying it lol

1.6.8 not working for me. šŸ˜ž

Let's see if I can figure out why not...šŸ¤”

BTW...v29.01.18 is correct...essentially.
0_1518717437366_20180215094234_1.jpg

EDIT: I figured it out. šŸ˜€ I just needed to delete the old d3d9.dll from 1.6.7(dated 1/29/2018), and reinstall 1.6.8. Installing 1.6.8 over 1.6.7 didn't replace the old d3d9.dll with the new one(dated 2/8/2018). I had to do this for the game and the editor(though the editor worked with the old d3d9.dll too).

last edited by MudHappy

1.6.8 is working for me in single and multiplayer.
Seems yea i didnt noticed the game changing versions AGAIN....
before DLC it was 11-12-2017
after DLC 19-01-2018 ??? (not sure about this because the error message different server version says 19-1-18 tho)
and now of a sudden 29-01-2018....

EDIT:
Well MP used to work.... now its.... https://prnt.sc/if8naq

I didnt even notice the version , mine says the following

alt text

yeah, starting to make sense now, but this thing with the MP not working for some people is still happening.

seriously though, i am proud to be a part of this community. game was updated and it broke things. the community got together and had the vast majority of things fixed or figured out within a few hours. there is still a couple things to fix and workout, but all in all i think it is a beautiful thing seeing everyone coming together instead of like in the past where most people just complain and moan about things being broken.

if i could i would love to buy everyone a fish sandwich for the effort that has been put forth. lol

1.6.8 works for me. I was able to setup a MP session with custom objects but it was only me in game. If it doesn't work right now I'm sure a fix is coming soon. It's been great seeing how fast this was fixed and the community come together. Thanks everyone! Doubt he'd read this but special thanks to Alex Nez!

1.6.6 was workin good till DLC so i took it out and put 1.6.7 it did not work either. got home today and seen 1.6.8 took out 1.6.7 and put in 1.6.8 still not working i have ver18/01/29 my game was glitching so i took out mods with no names it stopped glitching and i still have DLC what do i need to do to get DEV tool back in the game

does anyone have a link to the 1.6.8 yet?

@motohead74 1.6.8 should be working. it is working for everyone i have talked to anyway. STMR mod is the only way i know of to get the dev menu for the regular game. i am on the latest version also, but i have not even messed with removing any mods, reinstalling the game or verifying my files. it is strange how so many people are affected in different ways with all this.