The valley: overall thoughts and suggestions for improvement

@zamal i believe he is referring to 5 stars on the balance points. rest are just 4 if i remember correctly.

@8up-local but isnt E- 7310 5star as well?

In general, stars refers to "classes":
A - *
B - **
C - ***
D - ****
E - *****

That is obviously valid just for stock trucks...

@sodoma yeah cause both 7310 and 7429 are 5* i was confused when he said only truck with 5 stars

@zamal to be honest i was not exactly sure myself. i never use or pay attention to the D and E types. also since i removed my "stars" i can not see what maps or vehicles have for balance points now. lol

@8up-local Don't blame yourself, for a balnce of universe, I am not paying much attention to C class and lower 🙂

@sodoma same i love them big and strong if u know what i mean xd

last edited by zamal

It seems i was confused, and i had the impression the e7310 was just a 4* vehicle, just like the other 8x8 vehicles.
i like the k700 more, with it's big claw...so nice loading up needed logs with it with a single scoop

@mr-t
Now when you mentioned that... How many * are there for K-700?
By that system mentioned above, it should be 11 🙂

@sodoma said in The valley: overall thoughts and suggestions for improvement:

@mr-t
Now when you mentioned that... How many * are there for K-700?
By that system mentioned above, it should be 11 🙂

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

The 969 is extremely slow. If we talk about performance, there is no reason to pick this one vs the 469. I see that it has half the torque as the 469, weights a bit less and in exchange for being so weak its first gear is at 1.8 instead of 1. However this is just not enough. Its too weak.

Currently it has 16.000 torque vs 30.000 from the 469. My suggestion is to give it 24.000 and increase its weight to 1.300 kg instead of 1.100 kg.

Also it would be nice if you could add some cloth roof to it. I think that being this open isnt appropriate for these kind of locations. You can see that the back of the seats and the dashboard get covered in mud.

last edited by Araxp

@sodoma said in The valley: overall thoughts and suggestions for improvement:

In general, stars refers to "classes":
A - *
B - **
C - ***
D - ****
E - *****

That is obviously valid just for stock trucks...

You sure about that?!
The B130 and C256 are stock trucks
It is related more to overall capabilities

last edited by Mr.T

@mr-t
Ok, you've got me, it is valid for all trucks, except of some (many) exceptions 😂

@mr-t said in The valley: overall thoughts and suggestions for improvement:

If they did that, then many trucks would be useless because they do the same thing. It is a trick, a strategy.
You'd only have 1 4x4, 1 6x6, 1 8x8 with different body shells

The trucks already do the same thing though, and arbitrarily limiting them doesn't add anything more. Aesthetics are already most of the decision between C-class trucks, and now is same with the E-class.

The B-66 for example is useless for the actual goal of the game (it's fine for just driving around for fun, but I mean completing the objective). Any smart driver will never damage their truck enough to need any significant repair so the utility version isn't useful, good drivers will very rarely need emergency fuel delivery, it's inefficient for unlocking garages, and it's not strong enough to be a good rescue vehicle. Allowing it to attempt to pull logs would give it more use rather than make it useless.

For C-class vehicles, you basically need to decide if you want to pull a long trailer or not. Beyond that there isn't much difference between them as is. The new 6317 adds the medium log trailer which is unique to it... Adding that trailer to the other trucks wouldn't make anything useless or more useful either, as you will still always need two trucks or to make two trips to the mill. It would just make the job harder as it's more difficult to pull, so we can challenge ourselves with any truck we like.

I think most of us have developed favorite trucks based on how they look/sound first, because they all perform "good enough." Forcing people to drive trucks they don't like as much just because a trailer won't hook up to their favorite for no logical reason doesn't really seem like a positive to me.

last edited by -Morbid-

Well, they could add a crane to the B66 and small ones, so you could choose to bring them just for the crane so that you can alleviate some weight from the big ones. A trailer crane for the 4x4 small trucks would be nice too.

About utility and fuel, I agree. Never used utility or needed it. Almost the same with fuel, drive smart and in very few maps you will need fuel. In fact, I just learned a new trick to even save more fuel... When you drive in 1st gear and soft terrain, going full throtle is a waste of fuel cause you will go at the same speed if you go half trottle and even more, also you will not tear the terrain so much for the next truck.

last edited by Araxp

There is a lot of difference between various trucks and it is interesting for them to have certain addons and not all of them, makes for an interesting game play.
But overall in the complete form i envision for this game, not the retarded present one, you could upgrade any vehicle to your desire and tackle complicated missions, multistage missions, delivering various things and discovering new tech.

For example the Zil Mongo mod, should be actually incorporated into the game as separate parts, and allowing a HUGE freedom to develop any truck in any direction you want.
Start with the B130 and upgrade it to look like this and perform like any ural or better
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/h5O7o-66iwE/maxresdefault.jpg

Or the B131 and with extensive upgrades to look like this
https://cs2.worldofmods.com/screenshots/f80ce/2017-05/original/20ff7269f03b562d0c08decdca557a36a7dfd0a2/242265-SpinTires-2017-05-15-19-58-59-284.jpg

or the uaz 469
http://spintires-mods.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/UAZ-469-Rework.jpg

And any number of mods.
Buying an C 4320 and swapping in the maz 535 engine, to pull some very heavy objects for a short distance.
Anyway, as i understand that pavel dude is not interested in more that the current level. He should be paid with sum X and kicked away from the game if he is not interested in making it as this game deserves.

@Mr-T
As the devil's advocate here, perhaps Pavel has kept the core of the game intact so as not to let it become something it shouldn't? Think Call of Duty... What made the first few great got eclipsed by dollar signs and the series kind of went to hell...

@mr-t
Sorry, but I can't help myself:

1. no
  2. no
  3. for a god sake, no!

So far, this game is quite reasonably realistic. This seems to be main goal.
If you have any tension to build things like those, maybe Crossout is game for you...

I agree there is a lot or room for improvement, but putting everything on 50" wheels and painting flames on it mybe isn't way...