Blank/missing mods

I know it might be a pain, but could we start a list of the mods that have apparently vanished after the ValleyDLC update?
I only had one mod go flaky on me, and that was Thombuggy's Western Star big rig. It's gone from my mods list and from the Workshop as well... Considering it was a replica of it's real-world counterpart and an American manufacturer, I wonder if there may be a workshop cull going on as far as license related mods in reference to the upcoming MudrunnerUSA expansion? Any thoughts on this?

@mexican_420 i have never heard of anyone having issues with licensing on users made mods. it would be considered as fan art if anything. if a mod is also not showing on the workshop then the author has taken it down or removed it. after checking steam workshop i believe he has removed it since there is nothing in the workshop by thombuggy that i could find.

@8up-local
Yeah, in hindsight I think I was just reading too much into it... Was a fun mod while it was around though...

@MudHappy
Thanks, but I tend to stick to Workshop mods, they're easier to manage (and by manage I mean remove if they suck lol)

@mexican_420 personally i think that is a good idea to go by imo. there is no real reason for truck not to be on the workshop. i have heard many excuses and to me they are all BS. the reason the majority of vehicle mods on these third party mod sites is for those people who did not buy the game, but still want to have workshop mods. now i know some builders do upload their stuff to these third party sites, but a lot of mods are ripped from the workshop without approval or permission from the original authors and uploaded to these sites.

@8up-local said in Blank/missing mods:

@mexican_420 personally i think that is a good idea to go by imo. there is no real reason for truck not to be on the workshop. i have heard many excuses and to me they are all BS. the reason the majority of vehicle mods on these third party mod sites is for those people who did not buy the game, but still want to have workshop mods. now i know some builders do upload their stuff to these third party sites, but a lot of mods are ripped from the workshop without approval or permission from the original authors and uploaded to these sites.

Yeah it's a shame mods are not put in categories like beta and then certified I mean come on some mods are better than the default trucks... If it's not on workshop I don't bother

It would be nice if everything was available through the workshop. Fact is...it ain't. And there's actually a lot of good stuff that's not on the workshop. I don't see any reason why I should be missing out on any of it just because it's not a workshop mod. I wouldn't be able to play with my absolute favorite truck of all time(Decay's Diablo Hilux) if I decided to never use anything that's not a workshop mod. The idea seems a little silly to me. To put it mildly.

Who am I to judge a modder for where he wants to upload his mods? That's his business. Not mine.

And yes, I do understand that it's possible(in fact very likely) that some mods that are on the workshop are being uploaded to other sites without the author's permission. To say that's the case with all of them sounds like a stretch to me. Highly unlikely IMO.

And who's to say it's not going both ways? I don't know that every mod on the workshop was uploaded there by the author either. I don't get why I should care if it was or wasn't uploaded wherever by whomever. How can I prove it one way or the other? What's the point in trying?

This whole trying to retain ownership of something that you uploaded to the internet for people to use for free concept eludes me. It's not just something I can't understand. It's something I make a conscious decision to not understand. Because it's not how I do it. Never have. Never will.

I won't argue about it either. So don't bother replying to, or quoting, this post. I've said my piece. Accept it or don't.

last edited by MudHappy

well, i do get maps and files from those sites when needed, but that is it. just for me there is a reason for the workshop so why not use it. i know there are some mod builder out there who won't use the workshop though and third party sites is one way of getting them out there to the community. also nothing against those who use any third party site, just be careful if you do.

two thoughts: my game got really screwy after the ValleyDLC, between that and not really knowing what i'm doing my Mods are a mess.. i hope that this will not be a regular thing.
2.does the FS 15/17 franchise have user (tractor)mods? i ask because from what I've seen all their tractors have manufacture logo's and such. and they advertise licensed tractors and manufacturer packs. just wondering if there might be a shift towards that .. i stopped playing FS when i found SPINTIRES, plus i have over $100 in DLC's which was getting old, and i just looked and there are 5 new DLC's since i last played in June ..( i guess if you want to pay, the developer's will keep on top of updating and upgrading the game) just a thought Mexican_420, Rufus...