Have you tried a winter map?

I recently played a winter map called "Wildgame3s" or something like that. It was the first time I played a winter map and thought it was great. The map layout was fairly typical but the winter assets looked good. The ice was interesting. Heavy trucks broke through the ice and would sometimes get stuck while lighter vehicles would stay on top. All vehicles would slide on the ice. I can think of possible scenarios of crossing water and needing to choose a lighter vehicle at time. Also maybe tire chains as an addon. Interested to hear what other's think. It would be great to have a "win" option for the mutator too.

It would be great to have falling snow too. As soon as I learn Lua I'll get right on that. Don't hold your breath. Although I have a gut feeling that rain, and possibly snow as well, are already in the works. And I don't mean by what's-his-face who refuses to release his supposed already working mods. I mean like included in the next DLC. We'll see if my gut is correct on that.

I suggested tire chains(including different types for different terrain) as an addon for ST way back in the day(well before it was even released). Never came to fruition.

I haven't tried any of the winter maps yet. I'm still enjoying summer too much. 😉

last edited by MudHappy

@alpscruiser Yes here's the link. http://www.mudrunnermods.com/forest-game-3-winter-time-map-v1-0/ You will need to pay mind to all the folders for the winter assets.

@mudhappy said in Have you tried a winter map?:

I suggested tire chains(including different types for different terrain) as an addon for ST way back in the day(well before it was even released). Never came to fruition.

To be fair though, at least you could choose wheels with chains ST, something that I (and probably many others) would want the devs' to re-implement in MR.

@kingpinn said in Have you tried a winter map?:

To be fair though, at least you could choose wheels with chains ST, something that I (and probably many others) would want the devs' to re-implement in MR.

I know you're not trying to argue with me. You're just trying to make a point that relates to the statement I made. I get that. And I agree with it...to a large extent. But to some extent I don't.

I agree that we all want the wheel selection component back in the game. I seem to remember reading something about how to add it to MR with some XML edits(or something to that effect). Why nobody has done so yet, I don't know. Perhaps I'll look into it further and give it a go myself. First I need to find where I read that. It was somewhere on this forum IIRC.

What I disagree with to an extent is "at least you could choose wheels with chains". Yeah, technically, you could. But how many of the default vehicles could you do that with? Answer = 1. So, generally speaking, no. You couldn't choose wheels with chains in ST. If we're talking about the default vehicles in the game.

Anyway, we're really talking about 2 different things here. I'm not talking about choosing wheels with chains. I'm talking about choosing chains to put on the wheels. As an addon. What's the difference? Not much, except the implementation. I'm sure we can agree on that.

Here's my post/thread from November 29, 2013 in the Your Suggestions / Feedback forum on Oovee where I mention tire chains as an addon.
http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/4511-tire-chains/

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy Yep no argument here, and as you have quite rightly highlighted, I was just making the point that at least you had a choice of wheels in ST which in fairness was more aimed as a general comment towards the devs and not you. It was also not meant as a rebuttal to your original statement (which I apologise for if this was the impression that was left). I do agree that it would be a great addition to have chains added to existing wheels as an option.