Suggestion : save the tire tracks on the entire map

Hi,

Is it possible to save the tire tracks in mud on the whole map ?

Currenlty, on my low end PC (or more accurately, my 8-yr old high end PC 🙂 ), tire tracks seems to be saved whenever there is a truck parked around, but not in all the other places.

Here in the back ground, the tracks were indeed saved from the game I was playing yesterday, so that's good ! I believe it is because I parked a fuel truck (that you can notice on the bottom left corner) :
0_1520156258170_20180304103348_1.jpg

However, less than a 100m away, the tracks were not saved. There are the tracks from today (I drove here once), but not the many many tracks from yesterday (in particular many tracks that went on the trail on the right) :
0_1520156724906_20180304104424_1.jpg

So obviously, it seems that is is possible to save the tire tracks in mud, but it is not on the entire map.
Maybe this is due to my old PC... If not, is it possible to extand it to the rest of the map ?

Thank you

last edited by minikeum

Hi I know this is not on topic and I apologize but which map is this

@digidi It is this map : Light 6 Map v1.0
You'll find it here : http://www.mudrunnermods.com/light-6-map-v1-0/

It is a nice little map 😉

Remember that first picture I sent with all the muddy tracks in the background?

Well, I moved the fuel truck, and closed the game. Tonight when I came back to the game, here is what I found :

0_1520197451698_20180304200626_1.jpg

No mud tracks anymore... 😞

I agree. I may be mistaken but I thought it saved them on the original Spintires version. Which was a love-it and hate-it feature, since you would tend to wreck a trail if you used it too much, from what I remember. But that added a nice sense of realism.

Important issue, indeed!

On xbox tire tracks disappears not only after game restart, but sometimes during the same session, even during the same day IN GAME!
I wouldn't believe it may be implemented in AW update (but if option exist, why not?), but on further updates it should be done. (and as A MUST feature in MR2 - even after restart).
We enjoy the existing feature when repetitive usage of existing roads makes it harder to pass (muddy and water sessions especially), and we are happy to see and to use our own roads, paved by ourselves in tundra!
Please don't take it away from us!!)

(and existing feature, when paved by players road becomes less visible with time (soil and grass natural regeneration) - i LOVE it. BUT it cant "regenerate" so fast, during 1 day! I believe in takes weeks to be more hidden and plain, and if passed by heavy vehicle (C-E class), especially more than once - it takes years! (Its a huge problem in russian tundra from the "greepeace" and humanity perspective, no one cares and destroy natural balance of the nature.)

last edited by Stazco

Coming back to disappearing tire tracks after each exit from the game.
If try to not exit the game the map playthrough becomes completely different game if compare with always "restarted" map during the same playthrough.
Different and much much more better. If you drove light vehicle on the road - difference with the default road is mainly cosmetic, BUT IF YOU DROVE K700+medium trailer - the road becomes even unpassable for not awd vehicles. The same for water passages and swamps - loaded vehicles creating huge and deep tracks, and you must live with it. Its so great!! And its so stupid to lose it becouse of game restart! (On xbox it means you CANT launch any other game or app - if you want to keep game in memory...some playthroughs takes 10 hours and 10 days, so its pain in the ass not to restart the game, not to be bored of it, also be aware of frequent game crushes and power cut offs).
Here is an example:
alt text
In upper part - default road, in lower part - used by heavy vehicle, left part - new road, created by this heavy vehicle (it adlo the great feature, we lose in each game exit...but these new trucks are too small and "healed up", it needs to be more deep and visible, almost like after creator vehicle, and became healed up like now only after 7 days of ingame time, if untouched).
The reason is most probably memory and resources issue, but its still possible to implement - since option exist (now tire tracks are saved near garages and sometimes near vehicles/POIs) and its not the indie title.
So i really hope it would be implemented at least in single player in MR1 by update. And as a must - in MR2.

last edited by Stazco

Agreed, this is a must for MR2, and it would be extremely nice as an update for MR1