Finally some in game footage!

looks really cool. some nice new features.

Looks good. The main bit of news here is that at the end they acknowledge the camera issues and mention that they are working on new interior and exterior views.

The other new feature is the liquid visualisation for the fuel tanks. It looks cool but I'm not sure what use it really has. I hope it can be toggled as it is kind of ugly when you just want to look at your truck.

I must admit that the game is looking really sweet 🙂

@Sparky66 said in Finally some in game footage!:

Looks good. The main bit of news here is that at the end they acknowledge the camera issues and mention that they are working on new interior and exterior views.

The other new feature is the liquid visualisation for the fuel tanks. It looks cool but I'm not sure what use it really has. I hope it can be toggled as it is kind of ugly when you just want to look at your truck.

Agreed. Really hope this can be turned off. Otherwise looks fantastic. So awesome getting a sim like this on PS4.

Youtube Video

hopefully stream starts soon

@Sparky66 said in Finally some in game footage!:

Yes, i also hope that we can disable the view with the tank. looks quite cool but for screenshot it would be nice with the liquid in the tanks.

Are trucks carried by water?? (It was present in the old demo from 2009 or 2011, not in the final version though.) Someone can tell me if they talk about it in the video (I do not know English well :p)

That looks soooo nice!

Have you notice those bubbles from exhaust when E-type sunk? Awesome detail!

But those liquids in tanks are stuck in my mind. That visibility I presume is mostly because of presentation or development reasons (as in-game feature it isn't nice if can't be turned off) BUT:
Does this mean gravity center for tanks will be moving in accordance to liquid inside?? Because if so, getting uphill from mudy river, when all (ok, most) of your weight will go onto non-propelled trailer's wheels will be nightmare!
Soo looking forward!!

WOW! That does look cool but dunno if I like the fluid look in the tanks yet. It would be nice if it showed the actual level of fuel left to see that you're running low but would probable disable it if possible.

I like the engine visual but would like to see it work, with spinning fan when accelerating, if the engine is actually visible like on a couple of mods where the engine is actually visible. That just adds to the realism.

I noticed that the gearshift was finally changed!!

alt text

That makes me wonder if it was changed enuf to disable the gearshifts I made. That would be sad because I have a couple more I've been working on.

alt text

The handle and chain was created by Noel. I just added it to my gearbox and made the chain bigger and curved it to look better. The textures still need to be finished, tho. I also don't like the colors for the lights when the shifter is activated. They're just there for now.

I also like the cables on the trailers being connected to the trucks now. That just adds to the realism, as well. Looking forward to this new version since Pavel is with Saber now.

alt text

Thank you Saber/Focus.

Well, nothing revolutionay new so far, but some nice details we allredy had in the game 😉
And the visibility of fluids......if we get it this way in the game, i would say, another funny idea of P.Z., who allready brought us very important things like squibs for damaged engines, super-sonic-horn-cannon, glowing mushrooms and so on.......
But if the forces of those moving fluids are simulated correctly, this could bring a new sort of challenge into the game. Even though great tanks are equipped with "surge sheets" (translated via google, original german it's called "Schwallbleche") to minimize those effects.
But only my 2 cents - Let's see what's coming up finally 😉

Ah sorry guys..not possible to edit post?

2D winch triggers me.

@Schlammspringer said in Finally some in game footage!:

Well, nothing revolutionay new so far, but some nice details we allredy had in the game 😉
And the visibility of fluids......if we get it this way in the game, i would say, another funny idea of P.Z., who allready brought us very important things like squibs for damaged engines, super-sonic-horn-cannon, glowing mushrooms and so on.......
But if the forces of those moving fluids are simulated correctly, this could bring a new sort of challenge into the game. Even though great tanks are equipped with "surge sheets" (translated via google, original german it's called "Schwallbleche") to minimize those effects.
But only my 2 cents - Let's see what's coming up finally 😉

That's a very good point actually, a tanker that large would almost certainly be partitioned into seperate compartments to stop the liquid building enough momentum to potentially tip the truck or concentrate to much weight at one end. Incorporating flipped simulation is certainly another one of the strange design decisions in this game (warped menu effect, garage menus, the camera, glowing mushrooms, sonic horn, glowing trucks in mp, 2d ropes etc.)

I think the worst Eye sore in this video is by far the UI styled winch, we've all tried to improve this in the old game, it needs to be addressed pretty bad.

All the improvements in this video are pretty cool! It's especially interesting to compare the footage with 2014 Spintires.
I can't wait!

@Schlammspringer said in Finally some in game footage!:

Yeah, definitely one of those very important and highly appreciated features, we all loved so much in the previous version of ST.
[sarcasm mode off]