Spun and crew

If spun and his guys stop modding this game it won't last a year!!

@tinbird4322 we Mod Makers never stop making mods, we just dont release them I was on Hiatus back on legacy spintires utils My friend @SmarOneNine asked on Ooovee.uk about making a monte carlo and then i started making mods again, Now we are back on Hiatus thanks to people stealing mods but is not like we are done with the game is more like we are done with the Workshop

so your also done releasing mods? not that i blame any of u guys! im just saying without all u guys this game will die quick, the developers or whoever need to start paying u guys and kissing your guys ass!!!!! lol

Whatever. Make 'em yourself. Show these dudes they aren't as high and mighty as they think they are. Then what? Get off your power trip then maybe? L M F A O !!!!!!!!

last edited by MudHappy

Do u make them? If u do! Then u should make a video on how to!! That way guys like me can start making them!! Lol

@MudHappy I've been making mods since Legacy Spintires and Im not in a Hype about, See I Make 3D models for sale (out of Blueprints) and also use some of them for the game, I make Request for user or Add things of those request to my mods just to make someone happy about not only my mod being release but also that i took his request and added something to my mod to full fill that request

@tinbird4322 there might be one last mod wich is for a user on this forum since he asked to the public and I already made his request a long time ago (made a mod wich is the base of that request) anything else is friend only and WIP are F19 Members/Donators/CloseFriends only

@tinbird4322 I make models and mods on blender in wich I also make the textures and animations since is a FREE software wich has even more things than the paid Softwares in the market of 3d Modeling and texturing. Now Blender isn't a walk in the park actually no software is a walk on the park but i stick with blender because it runs on my Un-OP laptop here are some guides

I pretty much readed this whole forum twice LOL
http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/11673-new-useful-links-for-new-users/

Would u be interested in making me a mod if I paid u??

@forces said in Spun and crew:

@MudHappy I've been making mods since Legacy Spintires and Im not in a Hype about, See I Make 3D models for sale (out of Blueprints) and also use some of them for the game, I make Request for user or Add things of those request to my mods just to make someone happy about not only my mod being release but also that i took his request and added something to my mod to full fill that request

@tinbird4322 there might be one last mod wich is for a user on this forum since he asked to the public and I already made his request a long time ago (made a mod wich is the base of that request) anything else is friend only and WIP are F19 Members/Donators/CloseFriends only

@tinbird4322 I make models and mods on blender in wich I also make the textures and animations since is a FREE software wich has even more things than the paid Softwares in the market of 3d Modeling and texturing. Now Blender isn't a walk in the park actually no software is a walk on the park but i stick with blender because it runs on my Un-OP laptop here are some guides

I pretty much readed this whole forum twice LOL
http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/11673-new-useful-links-for-new-users/

That's a good source should be on a sticky in the modding section,would have been great if all this was in a wiki instead of oovee site,because that forum doesn't seem to be allways online.
Thank you for the link though.

last edited by Raphael

@tinbird4322 add me on steam I hear the request first then i take actions

Ok! Will do as soon as I get off work! And ty

@mudhappy I don't know what crawled up your A$$ lately but dude No one thinks they are high and mighty or on a power trip, clearly you know nothing about what goes into building a 'good' mod or maybe you are buddies with some of the 'thief's' @Forces is talking about? Some of us use models from free sites like 3dwarehouse/Animium and then rework them which still takes hours/days to do or we build our own models from the ground up which takes even longer, And because this topic is titled 'Spun and Crew' most of what they have released are purchase models from there own wallets on websites like Turbosquid/Hum3d which cost them money so i really dont blame them for stopping of mod release's , Now if you in fact did know what went into modding and did it yourself would you want your mods just changed or painted pink and reposted everywhere else or reuploaded to steam without giving you proper credit for it or having proper permission? If you say you don't care then you're seriously full of shit dude.

last edited by A Former User

@tinbird4322 oh they have not stopped building mods. spun is taking a break, monkey is working on a map and brute has something in the works also. now nix however has stopped releasing to the public for his own reasons.

@MudHappy i do not know why you seem to think the fellas are so "high and mighty" maybe because they actually happen to be some of the top guys with trail mods? maybe it is the public touting them up for the last few years? one thing is for sure, they are just regular guys like you, me or anyone here that happens to have a passion for the game. yes i am friends with them as well as other mod builders. all have their own level of experience and style, but i have only came across a few that actually have their heads up their wazoo like you are saying and safe to say they did not stick around or last long. still though, you have your opinion and i have mine. maybe if anything you should try to change some of this negativity into some positive feedback to a mod builder you think deserves it? it would go a much longer way.

To me the essence of modding is to make mods that you're proud of and distribute them freely to the community. Distributed freely to the community as in everybody that wants it, gets it, for free. And they're also free to do whatever they want with it. It's called giving, or gifting. Maybe you've heard of it. You know, like I've bought you a present for your birthday. Here you go. Hope you like it. That's how I do it. Mods my are a gift. I worked hard on it. I'm proud of it. It has value to me. But I want to give it to you in hopes that you can enjoy the fruits of my labor.

It becomes a power trip when you pick and choose who gets the mod. And/or you try to essentially not give it to someone by saying "you can only do this or that with it". Well are you giving it to me or not? Is it mine or is it yours? It's not giving if you still need to have control over it. Since when do you get to tell me what I can or can't do with my stuff? It's a total dick move to come back and take away a gift you gave someone. Who does that? Apparently some of you do. And why are you doing it? Because some other guy did something I didn't want him to do with the one I gave him. So now I'm going to take everybody's away. You're all going to be punished for the deeds of one individual. Or several individuals. Or whatever. Point being that's just plain wrong. You want to treat everyone as though they are wrongdoers. Even if they aren't. Treat everyone as if they were involved. Even if they weren't. Treat everyone as if they could have done anything to prevent it from having happened. Even if there's no way they could have. Dick move. You're a power tripping asshole. That's bullshit.

I've covered this before. But I really feel it needs reiterating. You can't steal something that was given to you. It's also slightly hypocritical to call someone a thief, when the thing they "stole" was already stolen. Just because you paid money for it doesn't make it legitimately yours. Or yours to do with as you wish. If it's not something that is 100% your IP, and you didn't get permission to use that IP, it doesn't matter what you paid for it. It doesn't really belong to you. And you don't really have any legitimate claim to ownership of it. And you're most certainly not LEGALLY allowed to do with it as you wish. Basically...just because you payed for it, or put extra time and effort into customizing it, doesn't mean you didn't steal it. And even if you purchased the 3D model "legitimately", odds are you broke the contract/terms and conditions you agreed to at time of purchase by doing anything with it that wasn't for your own personal use.

So you see. There really are a lot of foul things going on here. I'm not just making this shit up. Or trying to piss people off for no reason. I have a legitimate point of view, and substantial reasoning to back it up. And I'm not afraid to express it.

last edited by MudHappy

...wow, i was not aware that there were disputes over mods to this extent. i definitely see merit in both sides, however it is just a Game at the end of the day.
... is it possible to protect (password?) the files that make a mod editable?? or could the workshop embed the Maker's credentials into the Workshop Mod?? i would hope that there could be a resolution to this issue.
...Because , i have found something that i really enjoy, in large part due to this forum and the guy's on it (are there any girl mudrunners?), i always get sound advice, there are people from all corners of the World that will go out of their way to find and old link or tutorial for you, on their time. ...Hopefully the Givers and the Takers can find a common ground and enjoy the mud. ( I am, by the way a grateful Taker, i'm trying really hard to figure modding out so i can be on both sides of the fence).
..........JUST SOME THOUGHTS RUFUS

last edited by rufus

@mudhappy Last time I checked my profile it says 'SmarOneNine's Workshop' and all the Mods that are in there I choose to 'Share' with this Community, Nowhere does it say in my Workshop or in any of my Mods descriptions...

'This is my gift to you! Please do whatever you want with it and change whatever you want and by all means re-upload it to the steam workshop and whatever website you want and then absolutely make sure you take credit for it'

If it is supposed to be my gift to you like you said then its for you to keep for yourself and do whatever you want to it on your own pc, not take it , paint it change a tire and re-upload it? That's like basically taken what took me days/weeks to build and then you doing 5 minutes of nonsense and re-uploading it...Short and Sweet its called Respect.

Heres the thing none of us care what anybody does with the mod once they download it, change the XML to an overpowered piece of shit or change the color's or change the tire's or whatever floats your boat, What bothers most of us is the re-uploading without permission by the ones who actually worked hard on the original mod itself and whats sad is if the original creator says no to the person we get a bunch of butthurt feelings hurt as well as name calling or we all have ego's now or what have you and then shit like this starts happening...Truth is yes we are proud of what we create and most of us love to 'Share' our work with the community but what we don't want is for our hard work to be chopped up and repackaged and sold as someone else's...simple as that.

I and many others usually link the website connected to the model we used on the build you see in our workshops, Why not go get that same model and build it yourself instead of taken someone else's already built mod and taken the easy route? I can't speak for all the modders but myself and forces are always willing to help the new guys out and get them started with mod building.

I do agree with you that everyone is being punished because of the actions of a few and yes that's very unfortunate.

last edited by A Former User

wow.....so many opinions, and bull**** flying around...but i do notice some negative remarks regarding my self and friends...WHY? @MudHappy Why is it that you can say what modding is to you, but when someone disagrees you argue your point like your right? its an opinion and thats what modding is to you bro...the mods are taken down removed and hidden because that what the creator wanted to do...period...you make mods right? why do you care about high horses and mighty modders? nobody thinks there better than anyone. where did you get that impression? from anyone? because from what im reading seems like your high and mighty lol....the community is just to much drama.. your upset because of what? a modder decided he didnt wanna share anymore? lol spun put out a video just letting people know that he wasnt going to be releasing stuff or working on anything anymore....that simple....but if your going to spin it to make your self seem like spintires jesus lmfao knock yourself out dude 🙂 im done with this community for this reason alone...The Drama from you grown woman is rediculous...its all jealousy, envy, negativity, and feelings...man up gentleman

@mudhappy You can't steal something that was given to you. It's also slightly hypocritical to call someone a thief, when the thing they "stole" was already stolen. Just because you paid money for it doesn't make it legitimately yours. Or yours to do with as you wish. If it's not something that is 100% your IP, and you didn't get permission to use that IP, it doesn't matter what you paid for it. It doesn't really belong to you. And you don't really have any legitimate claim to ownership of it. And you're most certainly not LEGALLY allowed to do with it as you wish

Seems your wrong again buddy

Hum3D PRODUCT LICENSE AGREEMENT
This is a legal agreement between you (individual or entity or hereinafter the CUSTOMER) and Hum3D Studio. By providing our PRODUCT, we demonstrate professionalism and the quality of our work. Purchasing PRODUCT, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
The CUSTOMER MAY:
use the PRODUCT in any type of projects (presentation, advertising, applications etc.);modify original PRODUCT for his purposes;terminate this license at any time by destroying all copies of the PRODUCT.

@wrenchinmonkey im done with this community for this reason alone...The Drama from you grown woman is rediculous...its all jealousy, envy, negativity, and feelings...man up gentleman.

Unfortunately, by doing this you end up hurting the people that don't want to be involved in any drama, and want to learn and would gain from your knowledge. Yet again we lose out I guess.

@WrenchinMonkey Sorry. But you've missed my point entirely. And I'm not going to rehash things I've already gone over. So there's nothing I can do about that. BTW though, I haven't named names or accused anybody specifically of anything. My words are aimed at whomever they apply to. If you feel like that's you...then maybe it is. But then again...maybe it isn't. It's really your choice to make there.

Moving on...

I can't believe I'm going to argue about this. But apparently I am...

I get the god damn respect thing. And that it's what this is all about. You want respect from people who are already giving it to you. O.k. you got it. You want respect from people who are never going to give it to you. Well...good luck with that. Seriously. I truly hope that works out well for you. But it's not cool that you want to make that everybody's problem. That's not our problem. It's your problem. We haven't done shit to you. And we don't owe you anything. Fight your own battles. Maybe we would help you...IF WE COULD! What if we can't? You're still going to take your anger and frustrations out on all of us too? For no good reason? WTF?

Talk about disrespect. You're going to put me into the same category as somebody who did something disrespectful to you. Even though that has not a god damn thing to do with me. That's pretty effing disrespectful of you to treat me like that. Who am I supposed to be pissed off at for that? Oh right...the other guy. Whom didn't do jack shit to me. Makes perfect sense. I mean if we can just go ahead and blame whoever for whatever, whether or not we have any good reasons to, then the world's gonna work just fine. Nobody's responsible for anything. Everybody's responsible for everything. Let's all just be one big completely dysfunctional family. Awesome! This should be fun!!! 😖

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy Dude I have to say respectively, what are you even talking about? I honestly try to understand what your saying but your posts are just toxic and full of negativity. I'm relatively new here but try to keep up with the happenings on this forum. Your posts really just get in the way of every thread. In all seriousness, maybe try an anger management forum?