GzO DIRT MOD

Ok guys, back again. On my way to work this morning, I decided to share something I've been working on since the release of my rock bouncers. One thing I really wanted/needed to change with the (re)introduction of bouncers and mt misery, was the mud... It's effects on gameplay doesn't work well for high powered vehicles, be it a bouncer, or trophy, or whatever. I personally don't like the stock mud much... which led me to try and do something about it. To improve my experience in-game with my bouncer. What I've done is removed the mud and rebuilt it as deformable dirt allowing you to rut areas up tear up hillsides and the like without it slowing you down like you hit fly paper. The overall feel of the dirt is to be able to just deform terrain. Not have it be an obstacle necessarily. Will update post with install instructions. Just got too work. Setup for jsgme aside from two textures that need placed in texturecache.zip

I will post dl link and Install instructions here. (Currently at work)

Any questions comments always welcomed!

All for now cheers!

Gonzo

last edited by DrGoNzO1489

Sounds interesting. Thanks

Well I wanted to dive more into what it actually changes but ran out of time....i will add another post around 10am EST but this is more than an xml edit this totally changes the "mud" into an entirely different substance, complete with custom dirt particles. I've achieved dirt roost with high enough wheel speed! But the idea is that as you dig deeper the "dirt" gets darker the dry top layer of dirt is much lighter also where the dug dirt particles land makes that area darker to stimulate the dirt building up behind the tires it's really wild how well it is all working... 3 people have tested it and told me it works very well and changes allot. Hoping they will come in and help explain the changes... @GumbootGambler, @ganjamajic420 , @Gabe

Also wanted to say this mod will go hand in hand with my motorsports theme idea here.
Think of being able to race and rut the course up and it not slow you down only alter the terrain your racing on slowly generating ruts and dug out areas!:the_horns:

@drgonzo1489 You are on a roll lately man keep at it...like I was telling you on steam its good to see you back in the fold brother.

@drgonzo1489 This changes the game completely and actually can make things a bit of challenge, Because instead of slopping around in mud this mod allows you to deform the dirt at good rate instead of 3 mph crawl through the deep mud, and i understand that some ppl out there like the mud how it is but for me this makes the game drive and feel better. Its just nice to have a different style gameplay. Where I'm from in Canada we don't get very muddy trails most are just solid or soft terrain not a whole lot of mud so it makes the game feel more at home for me. The detail with this dirt is awesome while spinning tires u can actually see dirt pile up behind ur wheels and you can get a nice rooster tail going with this dirt, I spent a few hours playing with this mod and testing it for Dr.Spintire and was just amazed with how well it looked and worked.

@drgonzo1489, That's a great idea Gonzo! And I like the rock bouncer idea too. The only drawback I foresee, not on your end tho, is how vehicles react when adding more speed to them. They seem to kick sideways and spin out instead of going straight. It's like they have a limited slip axle instead of true posi. So I'm guessing PZ's coding needs some fixing to get a true posi axle.

@ganjamajic420-0 thanks man! I've got more ideas in the works that will really open up new worlds of possibilities for future mudrunner mods!👍
So anyone currently making a map, or anyone looking for some fresh new gameplay keep watching this thread got some pretty cool things planned! ✌

@tattoo have you run my bouncer?! I've addressed these quite well and controlled the uncontrollability of high speed mods!

@drgonzo1489, Yes, I tried it and it worked good. And, no, I didn't notice it going sideways but I didn't actually test it much to know. Sorry. But from what I seen, it ran well. Nice mod.

I haven't been into the game much lately. Have too much real life junk going on to commit lately. 😞

last edited by Tattoo

Ok guys here's a screen of the new dirt particles in action!

If you look around the picture you'll see dirt particles all around the rig! Some are right by camera! Really slings the particles now!
alt text

Still working on some things with the particles etc, so you can expect frequent updates which will be kept up to date on here.

>>Installation<<
Folders are setup for plug n play jsgme installation for the majority of the files except for the textures. Installing files to media will work aswell(textures need to be in texturecache.zip!). Inside base folder are 2 folders (media, and texturecache) media folder can be merged with media folder in mudrunner base. The texturecache folder contains 2 files that are optional but make the mud look like dirt. And need to be moved into the TextureCache.zip in the main mudrunner directory and overwrite the files.

(I advise backing up your TextureCache.zip before installation so you can recover default textures if you choose!)

GZO DIRT MOD v 1.0 Download

Plz post below with questions and or comments!

All for now!✌

GoNzO

@tattoo I'm sad to hear this! Well beat the brakes off when you get a chance, mt misery is a good one to see it running it's best! Mt misery +bouncer+dirt mod is epic!

>>GzO DIRT MOD Updated to v1.1.0<<

Ok guys got an update on the dirt mod! With the help of @TemplarGFX the dust amount, color, opacity etc... have been changed and optimized for a dry dirt environment! Also now allowing dust to increase the more you dig into the ground. Super excited guys really neat stuff!

Here's a couple screens to show the new system:
alt textalt text

>>Installation<<
**Folders are setup for plug n play jsgme installation for the majority of the files except for the textures. Installing files to media will work aswell(textures need to be in texturecache.zip!). Inside base folder are 2 folders (media, and texturecache) media folder can be merged with media folder in mudrunner base. The texturecache folder contains 2 files that are optional but make the mud look like dirt. And need to be moved into the TextureCache.zip in the main mudrunner directory and overwrite the files.

(I advise backing up your TextureCache.zip before installation so you can recover default textures if you choose!)

GZO DIRT MOD v 1.1.0 Download

Plz post below with questions and or comments!

All for now!✌

GoNzO

If @TemplarGFX is getting involved, it's bound to turn out awesome! Great work guys!
And by no means was that comment intended as a dig at @DrGoNzO1489 as he's a very talented modders as well, so my apologies if it might've been interpreted as such.

last edited by Mexican_420

@mexican_420 nah man @TemplarGFX knows his stuff! He's introduced me to the lua and made me realize I can play with stuff and not break the game so be looking for more mods like this coming soon!

@joridiculous wish I could add it instead of replace the mud I know.... it sux ☹

@joridiculous not really a hack just changing some code... lol

@drgonzo1489 To a non-modder, everything we do is hacking