Please Allow Us To Disable The Transparent Fuel Tanks.

Hi Guys,

Recently watched the new footage we have of Mud Runner, looks really good and i am excited to try it.

However one thing really bugged me, the transparent fuel tanks, while it is cool it really breaks the feel of immersion.

Please tell me there will be an option to disable this?

Thank You

Hi, I just talked with the devs about this feature.

• Fuel swaying in tanks doesn't make the truck sway, although it might arrive in a future update. We'll keep you updated about that.

• The amount of fuel in cistern does affect the truck weight.

• It's currently not possible to switch xray feature (showing transparent fluids) off for the vehicles we have in the game, but it could be added if the community requests it. I already mentioned the fact that it was a frequent request on the forum.

• Modders can choose whether they include xray effects in their trucks.

Have a nice day!

Agreed. It looks cool, but I don't want no glass tanks and cisterns.

@Netheos
Im really looking forward for update which will add truck sway when fuel swaying and other cool updates in future. I am happy that you answers our questions and suggestions. Can you ask the developers if water has an impact on vehicles? I do not know if you know what I mean, I ask if the water can grab and carry, for example, light vehicles or empty cistern? Water in the spintires is one of the best I have seen, and water had such feature in demo from year 2009 or 2011, so I think it would be great if the Mudrunner also had it.

@knight25 Depending on how fast water moves, it can move trucks around for sure, that is something that we already have in the current version of spintires. It's not just visuals.

If it doesn't make the truck sway then what exactly is the point in it? I want to admire the truck models and the awkward x-ray effect that keeps turning itself on and off every time you move the camera to close is just ugly. I enjoy this game but there are some really strange design decisions.

It would be cool if we could have a hot key to disable it, get rid of the horn button lol

@RoughRider I can't fully agree - in late mods there were barriers that was possible to open by our super-sonic-horn-cannon. And that was cool. 🙂
So horn button is needed.
But yes, IF fuel (water, mercury...whateverit is) movement will have any impact onto physics of whole truck, that x-ray feature might proove as usefull. But hotkey for disabling will be needed as well.
Generally, in simulator, I prefer buttons to toggle on/off for everything, every automatic feature is unwelcome, if not annoying.

The only person that should be able to see inside the fuel cistern is Superman. Please let us toggle that feature on and off.

I see your point and that last statement is right for sure.

Maybe a nice feature to look at for a few moments, but without fluid dynamics calculated a little bit senseless 😉
And Xray view...another very useful gimmick from the worlds' very best ST programmer.....
But wait....what about female drivers for Mudrunner? Maybe this way we could enjoy the xray in some case lol

@Netheos OK, well please, count this as me requesting this. Also there are a few others in this thread. I also encourage all member to speak up about it so we get some more numbers.

EDIT: While were at it, what ever the x-ray is that shows the engine from time to time i would also like to turn off. I play this game for immersion(its a sim after all), these things really break it.

last edited by Shady

I don't mind it as long as there is a on and off key, say bind the toggle to like the "M" key.

Plz make the xray so you can toggle it on or off.

I like these small features but I agree that you should be able to toggle them on/off.

Old pc screenshot (wip)
https://pp.userapi.com/c840428/v840428921/1304/_f7HbKS3WM8.jpg

last edited by A Former User

The devs are now aware that an option to turn off fluid transparency would be more than welcome - thanks for your feedback!

They added it to their to do list - it's likely to arrive in an update!

last edited by Netheos

@Netheos said in Please Allow Us To Disable The Transparent Fuel Tanks.:

The devs are now aware that an option to turn off fluid transparency would be more than welcome - thanks for your feedback!

A real thumbs up for you guys , I think that Spintires has now the publisher that always deserved. Is nice to see official answers to community questions , is amost awkward, I guess I spend to much time with the first publisher ... i forgot their name :).
Thanks for choosing to support this game ! Great job so far 😉

Will these updates be for console too?

@trappedunderice said in Please Allow Us To Disable The Transparent Fuel Tanks.:

Will these updates be for console too?

Apart from the mods, the PC and console version should be the exact same. Although the update process on console is a bit more complicated, meaning updates might take a bit longer to arrive.