Small tree do not break all the time

Hi,

Sometimes, small trees that are supposed to break when driving over it with a big truck, do not.

Usually, it happens when I drive a big truck, fully loaded, in a very muddy or tricky section where I am very slow.
I drive over the tree, and it does not break. Instead, it stretches like a spring, until the truck cannot strecth it anymore. At that point, if I release the accelerator, the tree will spring back slowly, and bring the truck along with it.

Here is a picture of the phenomenon. Sorry it was taken by night, and I cannot skeep it because hardcore mode. On the right side of the front bumper, you can see a small tree, that is supposed to break. However, if you look closely on the right side of the truck, you can see that the "trunk" of the small tree stretched quite a lot:
0_1521366751958_20180318105158_1.jpg

Here I released the gas and handbrake, and you can see that the tree springed back a bit (pulling the truck with it):
0_1521366798759_20180318105211_1.jpg

It does not happen very often, but it does happen some times. And as I said, usually it's in the worst moment: muddy/tricky section with a fully loaded truck, so it's a bit anoying.

Try hitting the tree a bit faster... 😁

I have also experienced that phenomenon. I guess Mother Nature makes some trees more resistant than others even if they are of the same species.