Why is Xbox One X locked at 30fps and PS4 Pro is not?

I noticed in the settings menu for PS4 Pro there is an option to limit the game at 30fps, when this is NOT checked the game runs much better and very close to if not 60fps, there is no such option in the settings menu for Xbox one x and you can tell the game is locked at 30 fps....WHY? The Xbox one X is technically the more powerful console, but it's locked at 30, could a Dev please explain the difference in the settings menu for the two console versions? I'd really appreciate an answer. I love both consoles equally but I have the wheel for the Xbox and would rather play on it, but the difference in fps is most noticable when turning the camera quicky and that forces me to play on the PC and PS4 versions.

I posted something about this in the bug reports section but I think it deserves it's own topic.

I have the same issue, before the last update the game was running at 60 fps or closely. Now, at 30 fps, is less playable, especially moving camera or changing gears.

Please, add the option for unlock fps like the ps4 pro game.

Hello, here are the status of FPS and resolution on each platform:

• PC if you have a good computer: High resolution / 60 FPS
  • PS4 Pro: 4k 3840x2160 / 50FPS approximately + option 30 FPS caps lock
  • PS4: 1920x1080 / 50FPS approximately + option 30 FPS caps lock
  • X1: 1920x1080 / 50FPS approximately
  • X1X: 4k 3840x2160 / 50FPS approximately + console setting to revert 4K

@netheos said in Why is Xbox One X locked at 30fps and PS4 Pro is not?:

Hello, here are the status of FPS and resolution on each platform:

• PC if you have a good computer: High resolution / 60 FPS
  • PS4 Pro: 4k 3840x2160 / 50FPS approximately + option 30 FPS caps lock
  • PS4: 1920x1080 / 50FPS approximately + option 30 FPS caps lock
  • X1: 1920x1080 / 50FPS approximately
  • X1X: 4k 3840x2160 / 50FPS approximately + console setting to revert 4K

Hi netheos,

Even if you revert 4k on console settings, the game run at less fps than before. Why is this?

@torcuato8 Do you feel a loss of FPS in all modes and all maps? Or only in some specific cases?

@netheos said in Why is Xbox One X locked at 30fps and PS4 Pro is not?:

@torcuato8 Do you feel a loss of FPS in all modes and all maps? Or only in some specific cases?

I feel a loss of FPS in all modes/cars/maps. And I have mudrunner in PC too, and at 35-40 fps is way smoother than now in One X.

Thanks

When I check the box to limit to 30fps on PS4 pro that matches exactly how it runs on Xbox one x, it doesn't feel anywhere near 50 fps on Xbox one x. The main difference I notice is on Xbox one x when you rotate the camera everything except the truck blurs as you move the camera back and forth, the trees and grass the buildings even the ground around the truck, it all blurs when you move the camera, it does not do this on PS4 pro. This makes the Xbox version feel like it is less fps. Maybe it is running close to 50 but that blurry effect messes with my eyes, I completed all the levels on my original Xbox before I got the X and I don't remember that blurring effect, same tv just now it's in 4k. The PS4 pro runs and looks great on the same tv, no blurring effect when you move the camera.

When you check the box to limit to 30 fps on PS4 pro, then you get that same blurry effect with the camera. When you decheck it, the blurry goes away and it feels like 60fps. Seems like the Xbox is stuck in 30fps.

last edited by Rawhide-AC400

any dev can help us? Is really a big less of performance than before. Please, fix that.

regards,
Iván

I can't say I've noticed any FPS issues, but I don't have an XBOX One X and my tv is only 1080p. Mind you I'm also the wrong side of 50 (physically, not mentally!). 🕶

@torcuato8

Hi, to confirm, you're seeing worse performance in all mods/maps/vehicles on Xbox One than you did before The Valley released?

@iyagovos Hi,

Exactly, before the valley, the performance was a lot better.

Thanks.

After some testing, it seems the regular Xbox one version in 1080p runs a lot smoother, feels like 50 fps. When I switch to the Xbox one x version in 4k it's not nearly as smooth, must be closer to 30. Also noticed the PS4 version is 1-22-18, Xbox is 1-23-18. I'll just have to play in 1080p on Xbox with the steering wheel while I'm getting all the achievements, untill there is a fix to make the Xbox one x as smooth as the PS4 pro.