Ideas to improve the game experience

Hello guys I'd like to open this thread for us put some ideas to make the game more interesting.

One idea that I suggested in another post is put money in game.
The fuel and the repair service will cost money and the player will receive money when delivery logs. We will need to think about best routes to save money.
Today we have unlimited fuel and repair and this make no sense in the real world. Perhaps can be done one "career mode" where the player start with money to buy one truck and then needs to "work" to make money to buy another's veicules.

Please if you guys have more ideas share with us.

What I'd like to see is fully synchronized trucks and trailers. Not just the current truck a player is in, with any attached trailers, but each player's total list of trucks and trailers. I get that mud and all that is too hard. But it would be great to be able to help someone with a detached and stuck trailer, instead of just knowing where it is. Once that is accomplished, I want the bridging truck (the one that puts down bridges off the back) to be official, so that you can play with 3 other people and make your own routes with bridges that can be used by everyone. Doesn't seem like a whole lot, but I'm not a coder, so I'm not sure how feasible it really is.

Its not really that it is "hard" but the engine really isn't designed for that.

To expand on the money idea, I think like the casual/hardcore button, we should have one for this money/career mode.

Replace or allow us to toggle the various weird effects and visualisations in game. For example, we need a button to toggle on and off the x-ray fluid vision. The weird black tornado things you drive into to reveal the map should be replaced with something more realistic, like a watch tower perhaps. Options to remove things like the sonic horn effect and glow around other players trucks would be nice as well. The winch rope should be an actual rope, not just a grey 2D line. The hovering camera icon above the truck is unnecessary as well.

It's kind of jarring and spoils the realism to see these various weird effects in the game and many people seem to dislike them. Just giving us the ability to toggle them I see all that is needed.

I'm not sure the floating camera icon is still in-game. I didn't see it in their most recent gameplay video.

@Sparky66 said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Replace or allow us to toggle the various weird effects and visualisations in game. For example, we need a button to toggle on and off the x-ray fluid vision. The weird black tornado things you drive into to reveal the map should be replaced with something more realistic, like a watch tower perhaps. Options to remove things like the sonic horn effect and glow around other players trucks would be nice as well. The winch rope should be an actual rope, not just a grey 2D line. The hovering camera icon above the truck is unnecessary as well.

It's kind of jarring and spoils the realism to see these various weird effects in the game and many people seem to dislike them. Just giving us the ability to toggle them I see all that is needed.

I agree with all of these 100%

Button for X-ray: Agree - Button needed.
Tornados: Disagree - There is no realistic thing (or at least I can't see it) for point, that reveals you surrounding area, when you park a truck on it. Lighthouses spreaded around a map will make even less sense, when they are in a valley for example. Unrealistic visualisation for unrealistic feature seems legit to me.
Horn-cannon: Disagree - As I already mentioned somwhere else in here, that effect allows modders make things, that player can interact with (openable barriers). With that, I have no problem when trees bow and birds are starting to the moon.
Glow around other players: Agree - just annoying feature.
Winch rope: Disagree (sort of) - Definitely some texture is needed, but not sure if 3D mesh as well. Presume 2D line is less hungry and I rather spend power of my computer or game engine onto more important things, than super nice rope. Put some texture on it and I am happy.
Camera icon: Agree - No camera icon, but third camera button. But yes, based on that in-game vid, this is probably already implemented. Looking back, that button was in previous game already, when steering wheel was enabled so just remove that icon. 🙂

last edited by Sodoma

@Sodoma said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Button for X-ray: Agree - Button needed.
Tornados: Disagree - There is no realistic thing (or at least I can't see it) for point, that reveals you surrounding area, when you park a truck on it. Lighthouses spreaded around a map will make even less sense, when they are in a valley for example. Unrealistic visualisation for unrealistic feature seems legit to me.
Horn-cannon: Disagree - As I already mentioned somwhere else in here, that effect allows modders make things, that player can interact with (openable barriers). With that, I have no problem when trees bow and birds are starting to the moon.
Glow around other players: Agree - just annoying feature.
Winch rope: Disagree (sort of) - Definitely some texture is needed, but not sure if 3D mesh as well. Presume 2D line is less hungry and I rather spend power of my computer or game engine onto more important things, than super nice rope. Put some texture on it and I am happy.
Camera icon: Agree - No camera icon, but third camera button. But yes, based on that in-game vid, this is probably already implemented. Looking back, that button was in previous game already, when steering wheel was enabled so just remove that icon. 🙂

I was thinking that the tornados could be replaced with wooden watch towers, the sort that are commonly used by fire spotters, hunters or by forestry companies for monitoring the area. There is already a model for one in the game and they wouldn't look out of place in the Siberian wilderness.

I'm not suggesting you should remove the horn entirely, just the weird sonic boom visual effect it makes. You can still have a regular horn that just makes a noise and have it interact with things.

A 2d texture for the rope would be fine, but a basic 3D model wouldn't exactly be particularly taxing on the game. The 2d rope already has all the physics simulation required, which is more things than a basic rope model.

Regarding the cloaks - This has been confirmed in the chatroom:
alt text

@Sparky66 I am almost sure that is not visual but physical effect. And by that physical "push" things just naturally happen around truck.
Except of birds...

Wait, there's a discord for this game already? Why did I not know that?

Hey, guys, I've just realised that we're discussing about improvements of something, that isn't out yet.
Maybe we should slow down a bit and for a month just wait what we'll get (after a two years of betatesting ;-))...

Two years of beta testing? yeah... okay.... I'd say they haven't been working on this project very long. If they have, they have little to nothing to show for it.

I've never said somebody is working on anything for that time, just last unfinished version was (is) in open-beta test since...what was that? 03.03.2016? 😁

Another idea.

How create one kind of crane with a "hook " like this:
alt text

And one model of load like this one:

[
alt text

With this type of load, you can create diferents kind of missions in game.
If you change the skin and the weight of the load you can call it of, cement, sand, iron, supplies, medicin...
And we can have diferents objectives in game. Like build a bridge, for exemple.

Yes, I'd like to see some "road constructing" challenges as well. Bridge building could be awesome, at least some "bring-and-put" type, they were there on some MOD trucks.

But more reasonable idea: What about some addon, that will "restart" terrain you are going thru? For a maintanance of roads already destroyd by previous passes? It could have some "maintanance points" those will be drained by maintained distance... Could that be implemented with reasonable effort?

I really want to see the tracked vehicles in the game (Bat-m and Dt-75 witch btw Pavel says they are coming shortly after release....hopefully) and maybe in the future a dynamic weather system , for example rain will add more water and mud to the map making it more challenging to drive .Also i would love to see some changes in game UI like they did with the menu (someone suggested some truck dashboard elements), maybe add a speedometer similar to what the first release of the game had.

last edited by A Former User

Agree with Roughrider. Would be good if you could run a logging company, and sell the logs to buy better vehicles or upgrades. Although I can spend hours just mucking about, a small economy/business aspect to game would be cool.

@zakrass said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Agree with Roughrider. Would be good if you could run a logging company, and sell the logs to buy better vehicles or upgrades. Although I can spend hours just mucking about, a small economy/business aspect to game would be cool.

Yup. Something like this might increase time spent in-game by certain types of people. Would certainly make singleplayer more entertaining.