Custom Driver [WiP]

Had an idea a while back to make a driver for my rock bouncers and trophies since the driver we have now has noodle back syndrome, and often times his head will literally get lost in his lower half. or touch the ground outside the vehicle due to high lateral forces....lol as humorous as it is, takes from the immersion not to mention hes not synced in mp. Realizing the steering wheel is all synced in mp, and with this new collision axle setup i realized the possibility for extremely complex physics rigs. Now idk how much the game can handle without freaking out so this is in a very early stage but i modeled a very generic male character and have him all rigged in blender. As of now i plan on using only a few bones to get small amounts of movement on some extremeties and the head, once I have a prototype built and working i will probably go back and remodel the character with a race suite and helmet (so i dont have to model a face cause forget that....lol) any ways i figured since i had a little progress to show i would start a post. If anyone else is interested i might try and make it an addon so you may be able to cram him in other vehicles aswell to remove ol noodle back.

Later guys!
Gonzo

Screenshots:
alt textalt textalt text

Updated Pics: Got him positioned about where i want him.

alt textalt textalt textalt text

That's Dope Dude! Hopefully it works well the stock driver is retarded I've been hoping for someone to do this for a while now....I hate the feet coming out of the floorboards too so make your driver a midget lol

last edited by SmarOneNine

@SmarOneNine
LegsOffset in your XML can fix that...

@smaronenine what @Mexican_420 said, LegsOffset="(0;0;0)" << this is offset from default legs position not truck center

last edited by DrGoNzO1489

@drgonzo1489 said in Custom Driver [WiP]:

@smaronenine what @Mexican_420 said, LegsOffset="(0;0;0)" << this is offset from default legs position not truck center

Yeah, made for some downright hilarious trial-and-error moments until I figured it out... XD

Keep in mind this isn't replacing the stock driver this is at first gonna be a part of my bouncer rig then possibly an add-on I can share but, just to reiterate this has nothing to-do with stock driver asset this is completely physics based no animations

@smaronenine said in Custom Driver [WiP]:

I hate the feet coming out of the floorboards too so make your driver a midget lol

As he stands now he's about 5'-10" 5'-11"