Great tutorials for the Editor

AgaYuditra Studio
Here's another good YT channel with modding tutorials. It's not in English but you can still learn from them. I actually learned something today from one of his videos and I don't understand a word he's saying. lol.

@gumbootgambler, You're welcome

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo I was actually following this guy on youtube but couldn't understand a damn word. Maybe I can use CC on it LOL.

@gumbootgambler said in Great tutorials for the Editor:

@tattoo I was actually following this guy on youtube but couldn't understand a damn word. Maybe I can use CC on it LOL.

One of the other threads I just put on there helping someone else out with custom models and textures and stuff.
Not sure if you still need help with it, but I have some pics and explanations on it.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/3135/using-own-textures-as-materials/10

Here's something I just found on Steam.

The Complete Map Editor Guide

To view it on Steam, go to the Mudrunner workshop, then go to the Guides tab.
It's the first one for me.

It looks very involved and should help to do maps.
The videos don't show up in the browser but do in Steam.

Here's his YouTube channel to view the videos.

Torridon88

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo Wow, that's a great tutorial. Thanks for sharing it with us!

@Torridon88
That's awesome bud! Very user-friendly and in-depth enough to be intelligible without getting complicated and confusing. Nice work. 🙂

@tattoo said in Great tutorials for the Editor:

Here's something I just found on Steam. I don't know how to post a link to view on Steam but you can view it in your browser.

The Complete Map Editor Guide

It looks very involved and should help to do maps. The videos don't show up in the browser but do in Steam, if you can find it.

Here's his YouTube channel to view the videos.

Torridon88

Thanks for sharing this, I never thought to put it on here. I might even finish it one day!

@torridon88 said in Great tutorials for the Editor:

Thanks for sharing this

You're welcome. Thank You for the great tutorial.

I just seen that there are other tutorials in the Guides Section of the MudRunner Workshop that look to be very helpful.

DIY Steering Wheel Pedals H-Shifter - Arduino

Here's a tutorial I found on how to make a 'Do It Yourself' steering wheel, pedals + H shifter. I seen @Sodoma's setup, I think it was, and this may be close to what he did. It looks cool and I wanna make one myself.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo
I've followed different YT tutorial, but core (HW + SW) seems to be the same 🙂

@sodoma, I dig your steering wheel. It looks like you took out of a truck. 😃

Guys, I have a problem...
Trying to revive my old ST map and when I've imported it into an editor, it brokes up. For some reason there is plenty of "heightmap packing overflow".
I know that is "too steep sloping" but is there any way how to repair it more efectively, rather than "try to do something, recalculate terrain, make a cofee, look up if that specific block is still on the list and repeat"? Like this I will die by a heart attack next week...

@Sodoma
If the slopes aren't causing any visual anomalies on the map, I usually ignore the packing overflow errors if there's only a few...

@sodoma I haven’t ported over a Spintires map into the Mudrunner editor but if I encounter terrain height problems, I find using the flatten tool set to 0.35 over the general area softens the height changes enough to fix the problem. As @Mexican_420 says, if the visual change doesn’t show in game and the terrain still rebuilds in the editor, you can ignore them. Same with overlay conflicts, although I have noticed in the new editor I can overlap overlays to my hearts content without getting errors other than ‘overlay conflict’ in the log.

@mexican_420 @Torridon88
Sadly, this is that type that corrupt whole map, so I have to solve it somehow.
But OK, flatten whole area seems to be solving issue in general. Sad is, that I will have to remodel that hill again, but hey hou, worst things've already happened...
Thanks guys

@sodoma With time, you'll be able to see what exactly trips this error. I can determine visually if the terrain is to steep. There are ways to make things seem steeper than they are by using the grid squares to the max.

Also, with the help of SpinMod, it will allow you to make parts of your terrain go higher than usuall...