Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

Also noticed something strange, if I park my modded truck next to a vanilla truck on any given map, I see raindrops and all of the relevant effects without issue. I'm about to find out how far away from that vanilla truck I can get with my modded truck before that weather disappears, if it does...

EDIT: please don't automatically blame my truck, I'm also running STMod and putting up with the resultant freaky flying mud particles...

last edited by Mexican_420

@mexican_420

stmods.ru has a copy of this mod, but not a single russian followed the instructions so far :p

Unfortunately its impossible to prevent the honk from happening how it happens. Something I think a lot of people don't realise is that the LUA side of Mudrunner is read only. It only reads from the game world, you cannot update the truck or change how the engine does things. Only the information that Pavel has specifically programmed to send into LUA is available and there is no way of gaining access to more through it.

The mod only potentially crashes the game when you are the main menu. the screen with a map loaded without any truck on it. The pause menu, advanced options menu etc all of these will not cause any stability issues, just quitting the map and heading to the main menu.

@mexican_420

Does your modded truck have at least one steam origin point?

@TemplarGFX
None of my trucks do, only because I'm not really clear on the purpose of the steam other than water on a hot exhaust, for example. Enlighten me? 🙂
BTW, the dev menu (STMod confirmed, not sure about default Proving Grounds dev menu) will also cause a crash...
And no, I had no idea about the lua data being read-only because if everything I knew about lua was TNT I wouldn't have enough to blow my nose... lol
If steam makes rain with my trucks, I'm all over that!

None of my mods have steam origin aswell i was wondering same why rain did not work same on mods as vanilla trucks

Awww yeeeahhh! Happy camper! Thanks for the tip @TemplarGFX ! 👍 :the_horns:

@woodingot

So its a common thing for vehicles to not have steam origin points?

I might try switching to another org on the truck, I just assumed these things were required

@TemplarGFX I always make my mods out of earlier mods so that steam origin line has not been there for a while. I suppose i can add that line back its no big deal but i have not really seen need for it.

last edited by woodingot

@TemplarGFX Another thing i just realized the recent mod im working on does not have _cockpit mesh because its open cab and i did not really see need to add it. You think that can cause some issues with weather effects aswell?

@woodingot Its used for when your truck is damaged, or when your engine is submerged and running hot

Its not a very big effect and yeah, technically its not needed (well until now :P)

As long as the vehicle has a collision box so the rain can make it wet (which I believe your truck must have) then it'll be fine.

The engine just thinks your car is getting wet from alot of water splashes. it doesnt know its rain making it wet 😉

last edited by TemplarGFX

@TemplarGFX
By any chance is it an explanation that us laypersons could understand as far as why the mod crashes when going to a menu, or what it might be about the "engine hack" that is STMod? Is it because STMod changes the expected outputs from the engine or something similar, maybe?

@templargfx said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

@fearwheels
@ShadowSINcere

Are you guys using SpintiresMod?

Yes I do and confirmed that STM is causing this....
Time to dig in and hopefully figure out what exactly does cause it.

@ShadowSINcere
@mexican_420 said in How to install SpintiresMod v1.6.10 (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev tools, battery winch, and much more!:

Thus may already be common knowledge, but the dev menu doesn't actually go anywhere if you turn it off in the mod options, it just hides the UI for it. You can still select the buttons (they might even still work too, haven't checked yet). Discovered by accident this afternoon while trying a few things to possibly stabilize the weather mos/STMod conflict and subsequent crash...

Dynamic Summer - VICTOR Build (crazily, that's the 35th build!)

DOWNLOAD : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EOjJ04NzgpkD15tjH-0-MRTmyDlXj7Vp

From the README

Dynamic Summer for Mudrunner
Build VICTOR (v35)

How to Install:
*It is recommended to use a program such as OVGME to manage your mods. Ensure Dynamic Summer is loaded last (overwriting any other mods)
To install manually, extract the 'media' folder in this ZIP into your games installation folder
Edit the file CONFIG.XML and add the following line BEFORE the others of the same type :
<MediaPath Path="Media" />

TextureCache.Zip:
Regardless of manual install or Mod Manager, in order for this mod to work correctly, you must copy the contents of the 'for TextureCache zip' folder inside this zip into the TextureCache.Zip found in the games installation folder.
If you do not do this, the ground will become all funky while it is raining , dirt effects will not look correct and the mud generated will look blocky and undetailed.

How to use:
Once the mod is installed everything except the weather and wind is activated all the time. The new Mud, Dirt, Dust, Collisions, Water, Physics, Bushes and Rocks.
To enable the weather honk your vehicles horn while the engine is off. Do the same again to disable the weather. Green and Red cubes will fall from the sky to indicate activation or deactivation.

KNOWN ISSUES:
When unlocking a truck in the game world, it honks its horn. this turns the weather off or on depending on its current status. If you load into a map with MANY vehicles that unlock when the mission is started, the game may crash.
A solution is in the works.

SpintiresMOD is currently NOT compatible with Dynamic Summer. This application completely screws up wheel velocity and vehicle velocity calculations causing mud and rain to go haywire.

VICTOR BUILD Changes:
Added collision velocity based sparks to all collisions. Running into bushes at speed and other tough foliage will cause sparks to fly from the collision point. Crashes look much better as a result!
Added Tire Smoke particle effect. Spinning the wheels, or slamming the brakes on tarmac, concrete, rocks and other non dusty surfaces will now create tire smoke. Unfortunately there is no tire screech sound in the game so dirt slide is used.
Improved Dust generation. Much more variation between moving over terrain and spinning wheels on terrain. longer lasting dust and better build up
Optimized Mud particle generation. Better variation while using less overall particles without any discernible visual reduction
Adjusted Weather Dynamics. Slightly slower transitions, more chance of non heavy rain types and storms are more likely to NOT have lightning to increase storm variation
Rocks and Mud Changes. Large Mud breaks into Small Mud bits, small mud bits break into mud particles. Large Rocks can be broken with strong force into medium rocks. Medium rocks can be broken with more force into small rocks. Small rocks cannot be broken
General Optimizations. Particle lifetimes and max counts adjusted slightly to improve performance. this is still wip

@templargfx said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

Dynamic Summer - VICTOR Build (crazily, that's the 35th build!)

SpintiresMOD is currently NOT compatible with Dynamic Summer. This application completely screws up wheel velocity and vehicle velocity calculations causing mud and rain to go haywire.

😢

@mexican_420 Yes, this is quite common issue with mods in general...

@TemplarGFX
My money's on the fact that STMod shoe-horned "tracked vehicle support" into the game in a way that's somehow different from the "legit" way @Draconus Dracdid with the Tiger tank... If the STMod setup is effectively "faking it" when it comes to the way these "tracked vehicles" work (using invisible "wheels" with caterpillar-style tracks that are simply aesthetic instead of physics-based like Drac's tank) then that would explain the freaky wheelspeed info maybe... Just brainstorming/thinking out loud because I enjoy the dynamic weather mod, but there are features of STMod that I use quite often so if we could somehow manage to get them to "play nicely" together it would make me (and I'm sure plenty of others) a happy mudder... 🙂

@Mexican_420 If this Mudrunner mod track support is same as original ST+ mod for Spintires then its not faked at all the tracks were very real and physics based. Original ST+ mod by Localhost involved overhaul for engine and transmission that used completly different values for gears and stuff. Engine overhaul feature had to be enabled in order to use track support if im correct.I have not used this Mudrunner version myself but im guessing its similar.

@woodingot
That's not what I wanted to hear... lol
Here's hoping AlexNez is gracious enough to make this "engine overhaul" business an optional feature in the next version of STMod. Not holding my breath, but you never know, right? 🙂

These modders are making the devs look like amateurs though...
Devs: weather, tracked vehicles? Can't be done...
TemplarGFX/Draconus/AlexNez: Oh really? Hold my beer...
😆

@mexican_420 said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

These modders are making the devs look like amateurs though...
Devs: weather, tracked vehicles? Can't be done...
TemplarGFX/Draconus/AlexNez: Oh really? Hold my beer...

Made my fcking day ! haha:the_horns:

last edited by ShadowSINcere