change format to the mesh

Do you know how to change the format to the mesh? is to say what is in the first image I want to make it look like the second
0_1522006350468_Sin título-1.jpg

@percymarina
The editor changes it to an extensionless format like that to mitigate mods conflicting with each other, and to prevent mesh/model theft to a degree...

The questions that still remain are:

Which editor?

How and when?

Or better yet...how TF do you do it EXACTLY? I know it can be done. I'm not doubting that. In fact I can show examples of it having been done. But I have no idea how it was. I've tried and I can't make it happen for the life of me. And I can't make these mods with mesh files in .X and XML form work in MR for the life of me either. I'm pretty sure that much is totally impossible. MR ain't having that shit...period.

last edited by MudHappy

@MudHappy
You publish your mod... X (mesh) and XML, and classes XML in one end, extensionless files renamed out the other end. You should play with the editor more... As for getting the game to recognize (usually pirated) mods with x and xml files you just have to put them in the right folders in Media and it'll find them if you've done it right...

last edited by Mexican_420

@mudhappy said in change format to the mesh:

how TF do you do it EXACTLY?

What are you trying to do? It would be nearly impossible to tell you what to do when you didn't say what you're trying to accomplish.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo Change the .X + XML mesh files to the "extensionless" Files that go in the _m folder in MR. I know this can be done. I've seen the before and after. Just not the in between. I've tried for hours on end with both editors and neither one wants anything to do with it.

I've also been told that it's not necessary. And that you can use the mods with mesh files in .X + XML form in MR too. Also hours of my life wasted trying to make that happen. And frankly I'm not even willing to believe that anymore. Not until I've been shown at least one such vehicle that is confirmed to be working in MR. So far I've seen not a single one. Show me that's an actual fact and I'll instantly change my tune.

last edited by MudHappy

How did you change it to a file without an extension?

@percymarina said in change format to the mesh:

How did you change it to a file without an extension?

I just made it work for a couple mods by using the public_beta version of the Spintires Mudrunner - Editor Beta. Same method as I described in my mod conversion thread. Which I swear to God I tried MANY times before with the non-public_beta version of the MR editor and it didn't work at all. Not even close. But it works perfectly sometimes(2 out of 4 times so far) now with the Spintires Mudrunner - Editor Beta [public_beta]. Go figure...

last edited by MudHappy

Change the .X + XML mesh files to the "extensionless" Files that go in the _m folder in MR

OK. Is this a vehicle mod or a static model? Big difference.

And that you can use the mods with mesh files in .X + XML form in MR too.

Using a mod in MR as a .x file is very easy to do. One sec. I'll set you up. brb.

last edited by Tattoo

@mudhappy, This is my TestMod for MR and this is how I load mods in MR & ST.

I create folder in the MR folder named "aMods".
Then I put my mods in there.
So you would extrack that Tat_TestMod.rar into aMods.
Then it should be aMods/Tat_TestMod

I then open the config.xml, which is in the MR folder and paste this line above the others, like this;

<MediaPath Path="aMods/Tat_TestMod" />

This is what my config.xml looks like;

<Config Version="20151004">
	<System
		Height="1080"
		Maximized="true"
		Width="1920"
		Windowed="false"
	/>
	<MediaPath Path="aMods/level_Me" />
	<MediaPath Path="aMods/Tat_TestMod" />
	<MediaPath Path="Media.zip" />
	<MediaPath Path="_dlc_valley.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_t/" Path="TextureCache.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_m/" Path="MeshCache.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/level_Arizona.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="Tattoo_Stock_GearBox_MR_v1.zip" />

</Config>

<MediaPath Path="aMods/Level_Ninja" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Abandoned_Land.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Closed_City.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Hells_Pass.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/LightHouse_v1.zip" />

<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Level_Me.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/level_Tat_Loop.zip" />

<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/.zip" />

<MediaPath Path="aMods/ChevyMR" />
	<MediaPath Path="aMods/Oshkosh_M1070_HET_mudran.zip" />
	<MediaPath Path="aMods/Suspension16" />
	<MediaPath Path="aMods/Tat_Loop" />
	<MediaPath Path="aMods/TattooWheels" />

<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="Den_Huan_gearbox_Rose_v1.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_MR_v2.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_noBG_MR_v2.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="Tattoo_Tee_GearBox_Stk_MR_v1.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="Tattoo_Tee_GearBox_MR_v1.zip" />

<MediaPath Path="aMods/" />

Played

<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Nix_San_Dimas_Canyon.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Adventure_Desert.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Autumn_mood_Map_v11.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/BesPredel 161.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Blackwater_Canyon.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Country_Trail_MF.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Fifty_Two_From_the_Village_to_the_City_Map.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Flooded_Village_2.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Highwater_v2.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Hilly_Edge_Map_v1.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/HZ where.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Indian_Pass_v1.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/karta_32x32.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Kolym_port.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Mountain_Nightmare_v37.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Paramount_Circuit.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Pod_tolschey_mestnyh_skal_2.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Podomo_Old_Cargo_Port_Map_v1.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Poligon_v1.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Smed_Diablo_Trails.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Smed_Goat_Trails.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Smed_Offroad_Challenge.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Torfaera.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/Truskavets_Map_v1.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" Path="aMaps/WM_The_Few_mudrunner.zip" />

wow, can't do spoilers any more?

Also, I unzip my Media.zip and TextureCache.zip into Media and TextureCache. Then remove the .zip files and add the .zip to the folders. The game still thinks the folders.zip are .zip files.

alt text

last edited by Tattoo

@mexican_420
Which editor friend ? and how I do it?

If we're talking about a mod truck that did NOT come from the workshop, theoretically it should consist of (at least) a .X file (truck mesh) and 2 XML files. The .X and one of those XML files goes in "Steam\SteamApps\Common\Spintires Mudrunner\Media\Meshes\Trucks" and the other XML goes in "Steam\SteamApps\Common\Spintires Mudrunner\Media\Classes\Trucks"
If there are also .X and 2 XML files for the wheels, they go in "Steam\SteamApps\Common\Spintires Mudrunner\Media\Meshes\Wheels" and "Steam\SteamApps\Common\Spintires Mudrunner\Media\Classes\Trucks" respectively. That's all you need to do to get a truck into MR. If your mod download did not contain the files noted above, it is incomplete and subsequently will not work properly in MR.
As far as getting those files into the MR Editor, should you wish to publish it to the Workshop (insert IP disclaimer here) there are tutorials around on how to do that.

I've also been told that it's not necessary. And that you can use the mods with mesh files in .X + XML form in MR too. Also hours of my life wasted trying to make that happen. And frankly I'm not even willing to believe that anymore. Not until I've been shown at least one such vehicle that is confirmed to be working in MR. So far I've seen not a single one. Show me that's an actual fact and I'll instantly change my tune.

Every time I load up the Proving Grounds map I can spawn trucks using the dev menu that are in the editor but have not been published, and every one of those unpublished mods is nothing more than the aforementioned .X and XML files. Check the FAQs and such on some of "those other websites" regarding "How do I manually install mods" or similar, and they'll explain what to do with the files. Or just get your trucks from the Workshop and make it a moot issue... 😉

@mexican_420 We're speaking 2 different languages here. This thread is about converting older ST mods to MR which have meshes in an older format. What I mean by older format is the .X + XML format. I understand what you're saying about being able to create new mods for MR in the editor and have them work in the game with the older format. What isn't being communicated to you is that the reason that works for you is because the .X and XML files are up to date and fully compatible with MR. Older mods from ST with the older mesh format ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MR. You CAN NOT load those mods in MR in any way shape or form. No amount of knowing the basics of copy and paste manual installation will make them work in MR. They need to be converted to the new format to work in MR. Because there's NO WAY to convert the non-compatible .X and XML meshes to a version that works with MR.(But just watch...I'll figure out a way to do that on my own too. And end up being wrong again).

So as much as I understand what you're saying, in the context of this topic, it's mostly gibberish. Because you're not even talking about what we're talking about. There are no mods that you can download from anywhere that have .X and XML mesh files that work in MR. Not because in all cases they wouldn't work in MR. Because nobody is uploading said "non-published" mods to non-workshop sites. It's pretty obvious you aren't aware of that. You're talking like this is commonplace when it's not even happening at all.

Also everybody else most folks seem to know that older ST mods with meshes in that format don't work in MR without conversion either. Because the only such mods that do work in MR are ones that have meshes that were converted to the new single file extensionless format via the editor. Which like I said does not even work for said purposes 100% of the time. If you get lucky it does.

last edited by MudHappy

So as much as I understand what you're saying, in the context of this topic, it's mostly gibberish. Because you're not even talking about what we're talking about. There are no mods that you can download from anywhere that have .X and XML mesh files that work in MR. Not because in all cases they wouldn't work in MR. Because nobody is uploading said "non-published" mods to non-workshop sites. It's pretty obvious you aren't aware of that. You're talking like this is commonplace when it's not even happening at all.

Nowhere in the thread was it stated that this was specifically in reference to older/unconverted mods until you mentioned it...

@mexican_420 said in change format to the mesh:

Also, nowhere in the thread was it stated that this was specifically in reference to older/unconverted mods until you mentioned it...

I was just gonna say that. The OP didn't say weather it's a static model or vehicle mod. Can't help if their not specific.

And from what MudHappy typed, I thought he couldn't get a mod what's an .x file to work in MR. He didn't say it was a converted mod until now. So I missed that too.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo said in change format to the mesh:

And from what MudHappy typed, I thought he couldn't get a mod what's an .x file to work in MR. He didn't say it was a converted mod until now. So I missed that too.

You didn't "miss it" because it was never stated... 😉
THIS THREAD at least mentions it in the thread title...

@mudhappy, Yeah man. I just tried to get an ST mod to work or convert for MR and it didn't work. You'd have to change the .xmls to the new codes. I don't believe there's much difference but not sure what was changed.

What you can do is take the same truck from ST and compare the trucks.xml from each game and see what was changed. Then you would need to change the .xml from the ST mod to the new changes. You should probably check the extensionless files for differences too. You can use Marijn's program if needed. I'll have to find a link to it.

not sure if it helps, but with one of the 2 "big" updates for the original spintires (2nd update?) included a converter for trucks to go with that update if i remember correctly. i am wondering if the mods you are talking about @MudHappy are from before that (anything before 2016 basicly) and need to be converted with the first program and then maybe they could convert to MR? idk, just an idea and guess, but you never know.

last edited by A Former User