Problem with lying trees.

Like always I mess around with files a lot....😂
I do have a back up to fix it but I'm just curious to what is the cause.
Not sure though if its the texture or a xml mess up.
Its about the weird way how the left side of the tree seems splitten and how it jumps.
Anyone has any idea ?
Check out the video here:
Youtube Video

last edited by ShadowSINcere

It's split because it's supposed to be. It's a "chunk" or pre-broken model of the lying fir. It pops in like that because of your distance from it. When you get closer to certain models a more highly detailed version suddenly becomes visible. It's supposed to work like that.

@mudhappy said in Problem with lying trees.:

It's split because it's supposed to be. It's a "chunk" or pre-broken model of the lying fir. It pops in like that because of your distance from it. When you get closer to certain models a more highly detailed version suddenly becomes visible. It's supposed to work like that.

Wait.... What ?.... Really ????
It's the 1st time I see this happening in-game.... Never saw this happening before lol
And I was messing with textures/xml files related to lying trees.

I think the 'jump' is the LOD coming in and out of range. I find that some of the bushes and trees jump about like they are dancing as I come close to and subsequently pass.

I've seen people getting the truck flipped over by the new trees.

@shadowsincere will agree with MudHappy. although i have not seen the new trees flip someone, guess i have not came across that one yet.

@joridiculous said in Problem with lying trees.:

@shadowsincere What isnt normal is the brown "shade" a along one side of it.

Is that btw the new Valley fallen tree ? (lying_fir_a)

Yea that is what I meant too and I guess it's texture related (brown shade) ?

Atm no idea if it is the lying_fir_a, will mess a bit more with textures to confirm and try to get rid of that brown shade.

About the LOD indeedI agree with you all it happens all the time with almost all models.
Thanks for all the replies and info's till now

after watching the vid again i think the "brown" on the tree is the plants_spruce_trunk in the textures folder. i could be wrong, but it looks to be the same image and coloring.

bump because when trees attack!! I'm getting flipped all the time..☹

I have had my truck flip as a result of going over the tree and the tree turning maybe . Anyway usually i go slow over them and it isnt a problem . The lod could be a lot better , poorly implemented imo . Doesnt look like pavels meticulous attention to detail model ?

@the_mask
By default the game use blur too to smooth things out and keep the framerate up so you don't see abrupt change also depending on the map and if you re using mod and their level of detail you will have more chance to have texture pop like this.
Increasing the view distance will have that effect too,same if you remove the fog,the blur.
Using reshade or any graphic injector can have that effect too given what filter you apply.
As for the Lod implementation given the fact that game run on ten years old pc we can't ask too much as it is,maybe in future build we ll see some improvement since some official post speaked about view distance improvement on larger map.

last edited by Raphael

@8up-local said in Problem with lying trees.:

after watching the vid again i think the "brown" on the tree is the plants_spruce_trunk in the textures folder. i could be wrong, but it looks to be the same image and coloring.

Thanks for looking into it as well. I tried but that isin't the texture.
Figured out there is a lying_fir_a and chunks_fir_a who are nearly the same though.
It looks like I'm dealing with the chunks_fir_a in my video, probably haven't been
in another map where these are used so thats why its 1st time I experience this.
Still I'm wondering if it is normal that the tree is splitten like that ?
Still no idea from where the brown shade texture is coming from either.