Multiplayer lobby refresh and lock-out [XBoxOne]

XBox One (Moved from other thread).

Multiplayer lobby UI broken: Respectfully this user experience is terrible.

On starting Multiplayer, I wait about 45 seconds on a blank screen with no feedback before I see games appear and then all in one shot. Ping times start filling out around five seconds later.

If I don't then select a game within around ten seconds, what I suspect is an auto-refresh blanks the screen, bounces my cursor off the lobby window so I can't select a game anymore and I must wait for the next refresh.

If I don't select a game within two tries, even though the refresh cycle repeats, I find my cursor is now locked to the right hand side of the screen, ie I can't move over to the game selection screen anymore. Even if I go back to main menu and retry.

I must literally exit the game by going to xbox home, starting another game and then restarting mudrunner.

I would be happy if you only fixed this one thing.

Adding a 'casual/hardcore' filter, a 'don't show full games' filter, and an 'order by ping time', would then be perfect, but please, at least fix the lobby so that we have enough time to find and join the game we want.

I too wonder about the MP lobby. Perhaps the auto refresh is triggered when a game is completed?

The Devs will figure it out from investigation, it definitely feels like it's event triggered. What's interesting (and frustrating) is that the screen wipe wasn't noticed, nor the lock-out. Then again even with the best will in the world you can't trap or catch every edge case and condition. Their test set or test rig may not have shown this behaviour or it could be a side-effect of the port to XBox Live. Either way, I'm pretty positive about a fix because it doesn't feel like the issue is so complex to require massive effort to resolve or improve one way or another. I guess it's just a case of fitting it into the next release cycle.

Even just adding the filter/sort suggestions would be a massive help because you would at least find your way to an open game much faster. I find that usually at least half of the games shown are full and most of the remaining are casual, so a lot of time spent scanning the game list is wasted.

In the meantime I've just got into the habit to close down and restart the game fresh each time I play.

I've noticed that as you go up or down the list, if you just click on any random one it will ask if you want to join, just click no and back out of that little box, that prevents the auto refresh, so I can stay in the list of games and as long as I click on one every 5-10 seconds or so and just click no, the auto refresh doesn't happen and I can keep going down the list cause sometimes it can be quite long and you can't see all the games before the auto refresh happens, this only works if you have a multiplayer save in progress.

This post is deleted!

Disappointed to see no response here, and to find that this issue still exists now after two updates, yet someone found time to implement cloth dynamics for a tarp on locked trucks in the meantime. Not entirely impressed, if I may be honest. Aware the dev team have a lot on the radar but fixing items that have a critical negative impact on gameplay should be right up there

Hmm, well, seven weeks after my post asking about a response.

I have to say that although I was a fan of the game, and appreciate that the development team may have had a lot on their plates, I’m deeply disappointed to have not seen a single response to any of my posted defects, or the bug fix roadmap. I’m not one for spending time on forums generally but was motivated to come on here due to my enthusiasm for the game and its progress. I was therefore originally quite proactive on here but now no longer see the point. It’s not like you are swamped with posts on here anyway is it?

I now understand some of the bad feeling from the original spintyres crowd that I couldn’t understand when I first joined. I totally appreciate how hard you guys are likely working but you don’t seem to appreciate the importance of engaging with your community. Whereas before I could live with the annoyances of the game, they become an increasingly annoying reminder of a lack of interest to address very real issues that are a daily barrier to gameplay for both new and old players. At first I was telling all my mates about MudRunner, I no longer bother to play myself anymore. How much effort would it take for one person once a week to reply ‘Thanks, forwarded to dev team, we’ll keep you updated on analysis and fix’.

Even if you don’t have an active to and fro on the forums, you have no excuse to not submit an informal bugfix summary and roadmap on a monthly basis. The fact that you don’t suggets it’s not something you do, and frankly, that’s not something i’m willing to buy into any more.

last edited by zoglet

@zoglet said in Multiplayer lobby refresh and lock-out [XBoxOne]:

Hmm, well, seven weeks after my post asking about a response.

I have to say that although I was a fan of the game, and appreciate that the development team may have had a lot on their plates, I’m deeply disappointed to have not seen a single response to any of my posted defects, or the bug fix roadmap. I’m not one for spending time on forums generally but was motivated to come on here due to my enthusiasm for the game and its progress. I was therefore originally quite proactive on here but now no longer see the point. It’s not like you are swamped with posts on here anyway is it?

I now understand some of the bad feeling from the original spintyres crowd that I couldn’t understand when I first joined. I totally appreciate how hard you guys are likely working but you don’t seem to appreciate the importance of engaging with your community. Whereas before I could live with the annoyances of the game, they become an increasingly annoying reminder of a lack of interest to address very real issues that are a daily barrier to gameplay for both new and old players. At first I was telling all my mates about MudRunner, I no longer bother to play myself anymore. How much effort would it take for one person once a week to reply ‘Thanks, forwarded to dev team, we’ll keep you updated on analysis and fix’.

Even if you don’t have an active to and fro on the forums, you have no excuse to not submit an informal bugfix summary and roadmap on a monthly basis. The fact that you don’t suggets it’s not something you do, and frankly, that’s not something i’m willing to buy into any more.

Mr. Zoglet- lets get to the bottom of this, don't give up.
@Iyagovos Yo man good morning. Can you help out Mr. Zoglet here, says he has been asking of you for almost 2 months now, is his problem something that can be fixed?

@zoglet Hi Zoglet,

Sorry for not getting back to you about this sooner, and thank you @1967deuce for tagging me.

I realise it's been a while now since you encountered the issue, but if you're still interested in fixing it could you please give me the following?

A ) The type of Xbox One you're playing on

B ) The version of MudRunner (do you have The Ridge and The Valley?)

and C ) is it possible that the slow population of lobbies happens because of your connection? Does similar happen with other multiplayer games?

To answer your other questions - I do try and pop into every thread and pass on all bugs that I see, but with the volume of the forum (19 different games and over 100k users), and having to manage everything, it does happen that I miss things.

If you need something from me, always feel free to tag me.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@iyagovos good man
@zoglet OK your turn man, give the man the info he needs and he will do his best to help ya out.

Also remember @zoglet , Iyagovos is unpaid, he is a volunteer, so everything he does is out of the kindness of his heart

@Iyagovos wow man 19 games thats nuts. how many other mods are on this forum?

And also, will we be hearing about the community update sometime this week?

@1967deuce I'm not unpaid, I work for Focus - I'm one of two community managers that work here.

I'm working on the community update currently, I believe I'll be posting it on Friday, but that could change.