64BIT.EXE- More Memory!!!!

@a-slice-of-pizza
First things first,if you want to add more feature you better move to 64bit then think about adding stuff and not the inverse otherwise you will just crash more often like it's the case with high detail mod/map.
Plus the way data are structured when you use workshop mod.

i have to say why do the 32bit exe when it should be 64bit exe we gamers need more memory and better Sound Sync,This is a great game lets make it better bigger then all games out there we have great ideas we Gamers stick together.

Bump...
Let's not let this get buried too deep... 🙂

@mexican_420 agreed, now only if focus and the devs would actually listen. this is pretty much the biggest thing the community has wanted, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. at the very least i feel the most we can expect from focus would be 64bit in the next version of the game. whether or not focus can keep the people happy while trying to play this kind of waiting game till then will be a tricky thing to do imo. we shall see i guess.

Yes, that is what we urgently need! No more crashes because we use Mods please.

I feel like I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a reply from the dev's on this thread on if this 32-64 memory increase will ever happen, I mean what TF are they waiting for? whatever i guess ill push the thread to the top again.

Plays the jeopardy theme song.....lol

Just use the LAA thing that LocalHost made for the old game... it converts the game everytime you launch it (from 32 bit to 64 bit), making the game be able to run faster.

@riskywisky I've been using that mod since the game launched, But we shouldn't have to use a mod to get this game to run correctly.

@riskywisky said in 64BIT.EXE- More Memory!!!!:

...the LAA thing that LocalHost made for the old game... it converts the game everytime you launch it (from 32 bit to 64 bit), making the game be able to run faster.

That's not how it works. It makes 32-bit applications Large Address Aware. Which lets 32-bit applications access up to 4GB on a 64-bit OS(or up to 3GB on a 32-bit OS using the /3GB switch). 64-bit applications can access up to 8TB(on a 64-bit OS...obviously).

SpintiresMod also has 4GB patched executables for MudRunner and the editor(as well as old ST and the combine tools).

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy, Is the one from STmod the same as the old one? When I use the old one, the dos window won't close afterwards and I have to close it thru the Task Manager, so I don't bother using it. I tried the STmod one and it worked but not sure if it's the same.

@Tattoo I'm pretty sure the STM 4GB patched executables were made using some kind of LAA/4GB patch software(of which there are many). So, while not exactly the same implementation wise, the effect should be exactly the same either way. I say should because, in my experience, Local Host's patch doesn't appear to work. At least not for the game(as in MudRunner). My evidence to make that claim is anecdotal. As I haven't gathered any empirical data to support it(yet). I'm basing it, pretty much entirely, on one particular behavior I've noticed that differs between the 2 methods. Using the STM 4GB patched executable I can reliably load 5 non-default trucks to start on a map(as in 5 trucks at the beginning location or garage). Works every time. Using Local Host's patch it's hit or miss. Any more than 4 non-default trucks is likely to cause the map to not be able to load(it throws the version is old/files missing error). Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I get the same results running the game with no LAA/4GB patch. It appears to only apply to non-default trucks(as in vehicle mods). Or trucks not preselected to start the map. If the map has 5 slots for truck selections that are prefilled(by the map maker), there's no problem starting the map with all of those trucks. LAA/4GB patch or not.

But, like I said, it's anecdotal evidence. That's just how it seems to work for me. And YMMV.

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy, Thanks for the explanation. I may try it then because when using wm ford raptor, my game crashed a couple times and he said I needed to use the 4 gig patch so it didn't crash.

@mudhappy
LAA works to certain extent and is more a work around than something you want to use all the time even if here it's the best solution for the moment and using lightweight/optimized mod.

For people who are interested to understand how things works without diving in completly here a good link:
https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/2-4GB_game_memory_limits_and_solutions

A really good blog to read along with a lot more if you are interested to understand how things works in windows environment and more:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/

The bit concerning LAA:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/markrussinovich/2008/11/17/pushing-the-limits-of-windows-virtual-memory/

last edited by Raphael

Bump!! keeping this from getting lost lol

bump *

Why isn't this fixed already?