Blender and STMR

@forces, I tried this but it didn't fix the plugins for np++. That menu doesn't come up when selecting anything like it used to. 😞

I haven't tried the mods thing since the plugins don't work.

I have both new versions of the game and editor.

I just tried the proving grounds and the mods I have in the old ST editor are showing up in the MR proving grounds.

I don't have stmod installed atm.

last edited by Tattoo

No sounds just modeling,teexturing,coding,test and troubleshooting
Youtube Video

These videos are fantastic @Forces, they've answered so many questions and I've managed to create multiple items just off the back of your vids.

These are priceless, thank you so much for making them!

@ Forces, I'm loving the videos, they have helped me a ton already. One quick question, any tips/hints on setting up the weight mapping on a coil spring?

I have one more dumb question. What determines how the axle lines up with the center of the wheel up and down?

@drgonzo1489 said in Blender and STMR:

@justafordguy hardpointY

Hardpoint Y seems to adjust the height of the vehicle in relation to the tires but the problem I have is that the end of the axles don't line up with the center of the wheel.

@mexican_420 said in Blender and STMR:

@drgonzo1489 said in Blender and STMR:

@justafordguy hardpointY

HardpointOffsetY

I thought I tried that too, I guess I'll have to play with it some more.

@justafordguy No question are dumb (unless you create a topic about it if someone already answer it that do is dumb lol)
your bone axles empty must be allign to your axle mesh ¿how to figure where is the center of the axle mesh?
easy
1)enter edit mode and select each end from side to side of your axle (the ends where the wheel should be)
2) Shift+S cursor to selected and that will place the 3D cursor to the axle center
3) add your empty reference for the bone

no with the cursor in the same spot change the scale sistem from metric/imperial to None and that will be your HardpointX value (X axis of the cursor) and your HardpointDefaultY will be your Z axis (if your model is rotated -90º on the X axis will be the Y axis but i dont work mods rotating them as you saw in previous videos)

@Mexivan_420 Nope, that will offset your suspension values (move them as a object rather than a reference )

@forces said in Blender and STMR:

@justafordguy No question are dumb (unless you create a topic about it if someone already answer it that do is dumb lol)
your bone axles empty must be allign to your axle mesh ¿how to figure where is the center of the axle mesh?
easy
1)enter edit mode and select each end from side to side of your axle (the ends where the wheel should be)
2) Shift+S cursor to selected and that will place the 3D cursor to the axle center
3) add your empty reference for the bone

no with the cursor in the same spot change the scale sistem from metric/imperial to None and that will be your HardpointX value (X axis of the cursor) and your HardpointDefaultY will be your Z axis (if your model is rotated -90º on the X axis will be the Y axis but i dont work mods rotating them as you saw in previous videos)

@Mexivan_420 Nope, that will offset your suspension values (move them as a object rather than a reference )

Thanks @ Forces, That's great information.

So the HardpointX and Y values in the .XML file wheel section need to match the X and Y values of each axles associated empty. I'll give that a try tonight. 🙂

Hey Forces, I just wanted to let you know that after watching your tutorials (several times) and a lot of trial and error I now have a mod vehicle with fully functioning suspension. 🙂 Now if I can just figure out texturing/UV mapping. Do you have any plan to do a narrated video that covers Texturing/UV mapping?

Thanks again for all the help.

@justafordguy see i make UV in two ways so might be 2 videos, One for seamless and one for seamed UV, but yeah, is in the making is just that my mic broke and im having issues to find another at a good price lol

next 3 videos
UV maping (2 videos)
Suspension setups (Modeling and Coding) Tips

@forces said in Blender and STMR:

@justafordguy see i make UV in two ways so might be 2 videos, One for seamless and one for seamed UV, but yeah, is in the making is just that my mic broke and im having issues to find another at a good price lol

next 3 videos
UV maping (2 videos)
Suspension setups (Modeling and Coding) Tips

That's awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I'm currently working on an International CXT with 2.5Ton Rockwell axles. I have the suspension working great and I'm working on the lighting in the XMLs now. Right now I just have the big MAZ tires/wheels on it but I would like to find a model of some other large offroad tire for it. Also as you can see I still can't figure out the UV mapping and texturing. 😉

0_1525698788893_20180505214402_1.jpg

nice truck you have there man, look for wheels in 3dwarehouse and send me the link I have sketchup soi can get you the file for you to work it on blender

also ill record the UV mapping again since bandicam recorded all but with no sound at all

Thanks, It's getting there.
Thanks also for the tip on 3dWarehouse, I'll take a look.

I'm really looking forward to the UV tutorial.