How to make editor use ingame graphic settings?

Regarding the editor, how do i make the editor match the ingame graphic settings? (ie. the desaturation etc)

As it is now, the editor displays no fog or desaturation filters etc. When u go ingame the level looks very different from editor. Makes it harder to visualize the final product.

last edited by joemama

@joemama under file menu bar there's some buttons there with clouds in them one is black one is white. One controls the fog layer on off the other controls environment lighting ie day night.

This will give you a much better idea. Hope this helps!

@DrGoNzO1489 Thanks for the reply, i did find those buttons you mentioned. But the graphics are not the same as ingame still.

Ingame there is desaturation and other various post process filters that are applied that don't seem to be available in the editor viewport.

last edited by joemama

@joridiculous what i have done to scale the trails or roads i made was to insert a "Truck" and select a vehicle of a "Relative" size that i want mainly to go on that path.

@architectwilliam Those grey truck shapes that appear when you add a truck are a new feature in the editor. They didn't exist at the time the posts in this thread were written. There used to only be an arrowlike marker shown in the location of each added truck.

Nonetheless, it's still a good suggestion. 😉

last edited by MudHappy

@joridiculous said in How to make editor use ingame graphic settings?:

You could load a truck model though. (Should be a way to save a in-game truck as a model i assume.. No idea how to)

Yeah, I stole the idea from someone else and did that before. Worked pretty good for the size comparison purpose I was using it for too. Turns out I was only .2 meters(~8 inches) off from the exact measurement I was trying to gauge. With the maximum height differential in the editor having been recently revealed as exactly 64 meters. Which I estimated @ 64.2m. Of course you can increase that now with STM(supposedly). I haven't tried to yet though.

last edited by MudHappy