Console Modding. An under-informed subjective opinion.

@zoglet
Oh, I understand now... Fair enough.
This is what you can use this forum for (also a discord) - find a co-players.
I usually spent a few days planning an "event" - cooperative session is like going into a pub for me...

@sodoma Dude. We need to play together haha

I'll bring beer and bacon sarnies 🙂

Not the winter but party is coming 😂

I am definitely looking forward to console mods on the PS4, Here are a few things I am interested in...

1. MAPS: I am specifically looking forward to ANY Desert maps and United States location models.
  2. VEHICLES: Rock Crawlers, Buggies, The older Chevy style bodied trucks, Jeeps, Trail Runners, Bronco's, etc.

I would love an option for Users to create their own, from various models to choose from, If possible?

@erik13e said in Console Modding. An under-informed subjective opinion.:

I am definitely looking forward to console mods on the PS4, Here are a few things I am interested in...

1. MAPS: I am specifically looking forward to ANY Desert maps and United States location models.
  2. VEHICLES: Rock Crawlers, Buggies, The older Chevy style bodied trucks, Jeeps, Trail Runners, Bronco's, etc.

I would love an option for Users to create their own, from various models to choose from, If possible?

I am xbox player, and I would say buy a pc if you want it all.

No mods will be released on console. I have lost hope.

To see what will give the next dlc, even if I think it will be in the vein of the valley, so nothing exceptional.

Rest more than the mudrunner usa, but it will be necessary to wait until the end of the year for infos, and unfortunately the end of the year promises great games and I will forget mudrunner by then.

Too bad the game had such potential.

@mike-flanagan very true a lot of good games coming out soon. They should've listen to the community before creating this game. Instead they made a quick buck on all of us.

last edited by redwoodsmith

@mike-flanagan
Zoglet has really well covered why it's hard to bring mod to consol but it could be done at least for map maybe with difficulty rating in therm of gameplay and brought as a free dlc.
Also before being able to play moded map it would be nice to first complete a few map in easy and hardcore to get a good understanding on
how things work then moded map are unlocked,this is being valid for pc too,so many people complained about not having workshop and now they just leaving it's too hard or something else ☹

last edited by Raphael

@ Mike flanagan, I hear you. I can pick it up for the PC, But I had hopes of getting cool maps, vehicles on Console too.
My wishlist would be these:
Crawlers -
0_1524162276888_MUDRUNNER - CRAWLER 3.jpg.
0_1524162302017_MUDRUNNER - ROCK MAP - CRAWLER 4.jpg.
0_1524162395473_MUDRUNNER - AZ. MAP - CRAWLER 1.jpg.
0_1524162403944_MUDRUNNER - AZ. MAP - CRAWLER 2.jpg

Trophy Truck -
0_1524162381214_MUDRUNNER - RACE - 1969 F100 TROPHY TRUCK.jpg

@raphael said in Console Modding. An under-informed subjective opinion.:

@mike-flanagan
Zoglet has really well covered why it's hard to bring mod to consol but it could be done at least for map maybe with difficulty rating in therm of gameplay and brought as a free dlc.
Also before being able to play moded map it would be nice to first complete a few map in easy and hardcore to get a good understanding on
how things work then moded map are unlocked,this is being valid for pc too,so many people complained about not having workshop and now they just leaving it's too hard or something else ☹

It would not bother me that the dlc is paid if they are the level of some map that we see on pc.

One even wonders how some modders alone, do a better job and in less time than a team of saber ...

When the history of licenses that prevents the arrival of mods, saber only has to write that it releases all responsibility as does focus for farming or that bethesda for the elder scrolls.

In short, for me saber devotes himself to version wii to rake money again and completely forget the follow-up of his games. As he had already done for the first spintire. And hopefully we redo spending with the extension or stand alone usa. ☹

@Mike-flanagan
You can't make people pay for a dlc with moded map otherwise it start a problem with how to compensate back moder wich is not easy task.
About the time spent on map by the new development francly, if it take time for them but they improve the engine itself switching to 64bit and building solid foundation to build on,i don't mind at all.

last edited by Raphael

@raphael

Do not misrepresent my words.

I said that I was close to paying for dlc, if the content and quality. Not like the dlc the valley, which and a huge joke.

The only ones talking about putting modder content in the form of dlc is saber.

Yes I agree that it will be very hard for them to offer modded content in the form of paid dlc.

I said especially do not understand, finally if I think I know why, that saber offers content of less good quality, a moddeur alone.

But that's probably the choice made by saber, twitch version ...

And that I think is a huge mistake on their part. Why not want to offer a feature, claim by more than 90% of console players.

No we prefer to work on a twitch version, rt surely a dlc or stand alone pay usa.

Saber has already been very critical after abandoning the first spintire, but the bait of winning and stronger than anything.

@mike-flanagan said in Console Modding. An under-informed subjective opinion.:

Saber has already been very critical after abandoning the first spintire, but the bait of winning and stronger than anything.

I'd like to clear things out, that Pavel (creator) joined Saber after he done with oovee.
If he were joined Saber from the start, we would enjoy current MudRunner experience back in '16.
And yeah, I stay at my opinion that going consoles before features were ironed out was a huge mistake.

It would be pretty cool to see a version of Spin Tires+ or Mud Runner+ come to console in a future update instead of just PC.

How are you going to create mods and maps on a console? Oh...wait. I get it. We're supposed to create all the mods and maps on our PCs....so you can play them on your consoles. Sounds pretty generous of us...when you think of it like that. I mean...what are you giving us in return?

@mudhappy said in Console Modding. An under-informed subjective opinion.:

How are you going to create mods and maps on a console? Oh...wait. I get it. We're supposed to create all the mods and maps on our PCs....so you can play them on your consoles. Sounds pretty generous of us...when you think of it like that. I mean...what are you giving us in return?

Sorry ..?

The modders create them well for pc players, what is shocking to share with the console community?

What is this old sectarianism ... What a mentality, bravo.

There is a very big modder for the elder who transfers their mod from the pc to the console, and it's the same thing for farming.

As we were going to beg you to create a mod especially for us.

You sell your mods on pc?

You get the kudos of having created a mod which more people can enjoy. In the flight sim community, there is a ton of freeware add-ons. As long as the creators are given credit then everyone wins.. at least in virtual aviation circles...

@mike-flanagan i mean if there ever will be console mods, i'll make them available on there too, but not if it requires any extra effort apart from uploading it. like i'm not gonna specifically optimize the model or something like that