Game Crashes when Spawning in Truck

Hey guys!

Recently, when I go to spawn in my truck (other than the proving grounds) the game crashes.

My model is 350k Polys and i have a feeling that is causing an issue but i am not sure....

Any help?

You tried with any other models from the workshop? I recall a limit on polys for something but cannot remember exactly what it is, or a certain number may be pushing it.

yeah, will agree with Digi. sounds like you are just pushing your memory/poly limit maybe. 350k is a lot of poly imo, but i am no expert when it comes to that stuff either though. lol

Ok, but how would i lower the amount of polys?

http://mycreativedaddy.com/how-to-reduce-polygon-count-in-3ds-max-easily/

I found this, if it's any help? I only use 3DS Max, but Blender may have a similar option.

@Digital-X
Great tip bro. I didn't know this was so easy to do!

I did find a way on the internet... By using the "Optimize" modifier i was able to lower the amount of polys on single meshes. Thanks guys!

@riskywisky Why 350K? thats allot (I know Thunderduck is lazier and has 1M or 2M poly mods) and bregel models are from 200k to 600k
my mods are always under 70k

the poly limit per mesh is 18K (PER MESH not whole model)
also tires have the same rule

Tip: do things by hand 3D modeling tools dont have the best optizing tools so is better to take it slow and do it by hand and avoid Ngons try to get polys and quadragons

@riskywisky @Forces is absolutely correct there's a very hard limit set on polys if way over like you are can cause the game to crash other wise the game engine will decimate the mesh to comply with 18k poly limit

taken from old post
http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/6431-bregels-garage/?do=findComment&comment=94182

I can easily make low poly model, but blame me for all the detail on my model that most people (mod maker) doesnt care about, but who cares. I love making them.

@Bregel
Guilty as charged, my friend. I do the same thing (like the detailed engine under the hood of my Bone Collector Blazer that you can hardly see unless you're looking for it). It's a little disappointing sometimes when you put the effort into making a model really detailed, only to discover that a lot of that detail can't be seen in-game, but as you said I know those little details are there and I appreciate them even if nobody else will ever notice them. 🙂

We mod maker pretty much build mods to fill our personal requirements
example my S10 ext cab, it has a detailed suspension because i love to see it flex, (its 34k mod and 40k with all addons) and most of the polys are the suspension parts (axles,radius arms,steering conections,axles,frame,transfer case) other than that i dont really care (body pannels 5k,interior 2k,engine 2k, wheels 5k) maybe my most detailed body model is Hades (30k in just the body and 15k in suspension and all with addons 100k) or the 72" chevy K10 I just built for SmarOneNine wich is 25k on just the body pannels and 76.3K as a full mod with all addons

Yea Yea... the most polys was on my engine under the hood (which you could not see) so i lowered the polys on it....

Also, all of my new versions of my mods do not show wheels when trying to spawn it, and will not letme spawn it.

But, when i run the mod in the media folder, everything is fine.

@riskywisky said in Game Crashes when Spawning in Truck:

Yea Yea... the most polys was on my engine under the hood (which you could not see) so i lowered the polys on it....

If you legitimately cannot see that engine from any angle, I would recommend simply removing those mesh parts altogether to further reduce the unnecessary poly count...
In the example of my Bone Collector Blazer, it has no inner fenders up front, so the engine IS visible from the sides and underneath (which is why I left it in, as opposed to just a big empty space).

@mexican_420 said in Game Crashes when Spawning in Truck:

@riskywisky said in Game Crashes when Spawning in Truck:

If you legitimately cannot see that engine from any angle, I would recommend simply removing those mesh parts altogether to further reduce the unnecessary poly count...
In the example of my Bone Collector Blazer, it has no inner fenders up front, so the engine IS visible from the sides and underneath (which is why I left it in, as opposed to just a big empty space).

most of m engines are the block,oil pan, and some other parts, if the truck has open areas like my WIllis it does have some detail done to it like moving parts

All of my new versions of my mods do not show wheels when trying to spawn it, and will not letme spawn it.

But, when i run the mod in the media folder, everything is fine.