[GUIDE] Converting ST Vehicles/Mods To MR With Vid!!!

Just about everything on mods can be edited by simple xml editing using only notepad
xml stand for
Extensible Markup Language

It defines and set rules for encoding in a format that is easly understood by Humans at the same time the
Computer can also read it

R.D

Thanks @hydrowasul that's perfect mate, I'll definitely be able to sort out the steering issue ☺

I'm away from my pc this evening so I'll have to get back to you about the weight transfer issue, I understand your instructions so I should be able to figure out if it is solvable in the xml. Thanks again 👍

@hydrowasul I checked the Landy and unfortunately it has a normal physics model with no body constraints. I reconverted the mesh to make sure nothing went wrong there but the problem persists, so I guess that's the end of the road for me! Thanks for your help

@Malcolm_Tucker I figured it out. It's because the CenterOfMassOffset is set too low(too far downward/negative along the Y axis). You can fix it by making the middle value(Y axis) in the CenterOfMassOffset line more positive. Which makes complete sense if you can envision in your mind's eye how the vehicle would act if the majority of its weight was centered below the height of the axles(which is how it's been set in this instance). The reason vehicles behave the way they do IRL is because that's not the case.

For example:

<PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/bmb6l9q">
    <Body
        CenterOfMassOffset="(0.1; -1.400; 0)"
	ImpactType="Truck"
	Mass="3230"
    />
</PhysicsModel>

Change to:

<PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/bmb6l9q">
    <Body
        CenterOfMassOffset="(0.1; -0.6; 0)"
	ImpactType="Truck"
	Mass="3230"
    />
</PhysicsModel>

I used the -0.6 value from the other 98 Discovery mod which behaves correctly. I don't know exactly how much, or how little, adjustment actually needs to be made to totally fix it. But I tested it with that value, and it seems to work much better.

last edited by MudHappy

@MudHappy Nice find! So the CoM is below the ground pretty much and acting like a pendulum.

The -0.6 seems right, or at least what it was intended to be by the modder. Fine tuning I guess is personal preference how much body roll and likelihood of rollover you want to have