Feature Requests for Mud Runner U.S.A Expansion

I would really like to see an option to turn off Rock Damage on console as this can be very annoying. Also Dynamic weather patterns. As an option when choosing a map like Rain, Stormy (Lightning & Thunder) & Snow/ Blizzard conditions I feel would be very cool for a more realistic/fun experience.

@jdog People have been asking for weather in Spintires for many years, the devs themselves @Pavel said that he plans to add weather to the game long ago, in 2014, when spintires was relased. So far, there is no word about snow etc. But who knows?
I really want MR USA to be not just reskin.

@knight25, Yep. I would definitely pay for Mud USA if there are new major improvements in game physics.
But if it's only trucks and maps, I'll pass because we have plenty of choice in the workshop

@jdog said in Feature Requests for Mud Runner U.S.A Expansion:

I would really like to see an option to turn off Rock Damage on console as this can be very annoying.

......conditions I feel would be very cool for a more realistic/fun experience.

So one the one hand you want to reduce realism by turning off rock damage, yet on the other you want a more realistic experience? I'm confused LOL (and it doesn't take much! 🙂 )

In real life rocks can and do damage vehicles. In MR I've yet to have any of my vehicles damaged by me driving over rocks at an appropriate speed for the vehicle concerned. Yes, I've incurred damage but only when hitting rocks I've not seen and/or going too fast such as low 3 (yes even low 3) or forced accel (1+) .

Real life story - I was off-roading in my Discovery 2 TD5 down a local "green lane" (ancient disused, non-surfaced highway in the UK which any vehicle can access, not just walkers and horse riders). There's a stream to cross in the bottom of the valley with some mud on the other side of it. I crossed the stream at walking pace and just as I got to the mud a wheel dropped in a deep part & BANG! Engine stalled.. anyhow she re-started and off I went up the track. Only when I got to a proper road did I realise the steering was cockeyed & the bang was from the track rod being bent from an unseen small boulder... 😵 😠 Good job some Land Rover parts are cheap to buy!! 🕶

@difflock66
Sorry for OT: any pictures or at least location for googlemaps? I am pretty curious of disused highway... 🙂

Sodoma - I've put up a thread in the Off Topic section with some photos of me green laning. ☺

just going to suggest an image search for "US heavy 6x6 or 8x8". a few decent looking and interesting possibilities pop up imo.

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

last edited by A Former User

That last one's a Rolligon isn't it?

@8up-local Looking at these, I am curious why we need US pack 😂
Basicaly same crazy machines may be found in soviet production 🙂

@sodoma true. i figure they have the vehicles picked out already for it, but what could it hurt to suggest a few examples to look at. plenty of crazy machines all over the world really, finding vehicles to base off of should be not problem for sure imo. lol

Okay, if it's always one map, one 4x4, one 6x6 and one 8x8, I'd go for these:

alt text
Willys Jeep (the 4x4, either the regular one or this van variant, this could maybe have utility points)

alt text
Freightliner Classic XL (the 6x6)

alt text
Oshkosh HEMTT (the 8x8)

And maybe some bonus vehicles:

alt text
Custom Miniature Jeep (Bonus #1)

alt text
Oshkosh MB1 Fire Tender (Bonus #2, could be used as wrecker)

alt text
Ford Wrecker (Bonus #3 if Bonus #2 can't, this can)

alt text
Oshkosh Wrecker (Bonus #4)

Just some suggestions! 😛

last edited by 8x8

@8x8
Maybe it is just me, but...none of them fits the game...

@sodoma said in Feature Requests for Mud Runner U.S.A Expansion:

@8x8
Maybe it is just me, but...none of them fits the game...

Well, I have no idea what USA will look like in MudRunner, so I can only guess. I thought it will have to include iconic vehicles that are native to America, so I chose these. I think the HEMTT and Willys Jeep would fit the game quite nicely. Why don't you think they don't? 😕
Maybe I'll be able to find more appropriate vehicles when you post the first pictures of the USA DLC. 😀

last edited by 8x8

@8x8
Ok, to be fair, you are a bit right.
Willis jeep could fit nicely, it is a UAZ of some sort, so that is OK.
That HEMTT may fit in general, but to me it looks too modern, so it doesn't fit the era. But with some decent addons, some very early variant...maybe.
Rest of your suggestions are mostly too NON-offroadish to me. Maybe except of that firefighter, but again, reasonable addon is needed.
And in general, they are TOO shiny 🙂

I presume that US pack will be a DLC to current game, so everything should at least a bit fit together. So far we have that "worn and aging soviet ex-military" design. You simply can't put those tons of shiny chrome together with beaten khaki Ural and consider it nice and sweet. 🙂

P.S.: that very first vehicle seems to be a drag race thing 😉

I presume that US pack will be a DLC to current game, so everything should at least a bit fit together. So far we have that "worn and aging soviet ex-military" design. You simply can't put those tons of shiny chrome together with beaten khaki Ural and consider it nice and sweet. 🙂

About "too obsolete and too modern" trucks.
Did li'l research: we have 65111, 65115 and 7429. These been and still in production since no earlier than 90's (nineties) and are civilian by default. 432010 is mid 90s revision of 4320, with last being around 80s.
Oshkosh HEMTT been in service since 1982, so if we have to "have" this 8x8 as ex-military, I'd like to see it early versions.
So if you want some "ancient as mammoth shit" truck - M35, mentioned below is designed in 1944. WWII era, Carl.

I don't know and care about 'murrican wheels in general (well, by not being american), but it's confirmed and unless I see vehicles from list below, I'm not interested:
4x4 Scout: early HMMWV (specifically M988) or, if too "modern", M151 MUTT
6x6 Workhorse: M35
Heavy 8x8 tractor: M977 HEMTT

@deadwanderer
Some googling was needed, but I like your suggestions.
And just for clarification: that HEMTT looks too modern to me, that is nothing about how old it actually is.
And something being still in production is nothing about how modern it looks. 😂
0_1526769865524_554-lada_perfect_from_the_beginning.jpg

throw a bunch of stuff in a pot, stir it up and might be interesting to see what we get.

🤔 i like it.

@8x8
Ok, to be fair, you are a bit right.
Willis jeep could fit nicely, it is a UAZ of some sort, so that is OK.
That HEMTT may fit in general, but to me it looks too modern, so it doesn't fit the era. But with some decent addons, some very early variant...maybe.
Rest of your suggestions are mostly too NON-offroadish to me. Maybe except of that firefighter, but again, reasonable addon is needed.
And in general, they are TOO shiny 🙂

P.S.: that very first vehicle seems to be a drag race thing 😉

@Sodoma Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it.

You think there too NON-offroadish, yes these don't look like they're offroad vehicles, but I think you can have offroad and non-offroad variants of all vehicles, like where you could change the wheels in the original Spintires. 🌝

Too shiny, sure, these look shiny, but that hasn't got anything to do with the vehicles themselves, you can wear down and/or apply weathered textures to any vehicle. 🙂

Ex-military, yes, most of the vehicles you've included are ex-military, but for example the KamAZ-4310, ZiL-130, GAZ-66 and ZiL-131 haven't exclusively been used for military, as far as I know. 🤔

By the way, are the vehicles that are going to be in the USA DLC already decided upon, at least some?

Again, many thanks for your replies! 😀

@8x8

• offroad skill is not given just by tyres (tires?? 🤔 ) and if there is no DIFFLOCK and/or AWD variant it can't be build just BTW. At least as far as we want to keep this game "real based". And with experiences with SOME of current vehicles, I am pretty sure that US DLC pack with bunch of road-only trucks will not make US (or any else) players happy.
  • My bad, I was thinking about them as I've seen them on your pictures, of course you can apply "worn out" textures on anything. Consider this as "sure to happen" my point in this is invalid.
  • I am not exactly sure about which truck was or wasn't in military or military only use. Point in this is that those vehicles are offroad capable and (presumably) as ex-military cheap to buy. Therefore they are really used exactly as they are in this game (check out YT).
    That brings me to the idea: what trucks are used for logging in US? There is chance we will see exactly those in here...

I have no idea if they are, but presumably yes. Especially if Focus want to bring in some real trucks (real brands, real look etc), that will take a lot of time to go through "paperwork" with companies, so presumably they have to decide that already and start negotiatins. But this is merely my guess 🙂

@8x8

• offroad skill is not given just by tyres (tires?? 🤔 ) and if there is no DIFFLOCK and/or AWD variant it can't be build just BTW. At least as far as we want to keep this game "real based". And with experiences with SOME of current vehicles, I am pretty sure that US DLC pack with bunch of road-only trucks will not make US (or any else) players happy.
  • My bad, I was thinking about them as I've seen them on your pictures, of course you can apply "worn out" textures on anything. Consider this as "sure to happen" my point in this is invalid.
  • I am not exactly sure about which truck was or wasn't in military or military only use. Point in this is that those vehicles are offroad capable and (presumably) as ex-military cheap to buy. Therefore they are really used exactly as they are in this game (check out YT).
    That brings me to the idea: what trucks are used for logging in US? There is chance we will see exactly those in here...

I have no idea if they are, but presumably yes. Especially if Focus want to bring in some real trucks (real brands, real look etc), that will take a lot of time to go through "paperwork" with companies, so presumably they have to decide that already and start negotiatins. But this is merely my guess 🙂

@Sodoma

Yeah, I get that, about wanting it to keep realistic. I don't know maybe there actually are some offroad variants of the vehicles that I don't know about. (BTW: I think 'tyres' is British and 'tires' is American.)

That's okay!

Yeah, me neither. I only looked up pictures of the ones I listed, and found ones that weren't military vehicles. And I totally forgot, I know the perfect logging truck for the USA DLC:

alt text
Hayes HDX (this truck is featured in the game 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2 in the Montana map)

And since these had foldable trailers, you could just reskin the stock foldable long logs trailer, in a livery to fit the truck, and maybe just change the trailer's lights a bit.

Hope you like my suggestion! ☺