Custom Materials in the works.

Edit: Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/nqhm3u

For those interested, I am making and going to release some custom textures for the Materials section.

I have a granite road done and ready and am going to package them in a zip with installation instructions. They are high quality and not like the current Materials up close. The file size is about 23MB, so not light. I plan on redoing the "soil" and rough" textures in the same way as well as maybe "forest" so you have better quality materials to work with.

These are additions, not replacers so you can still use the standard materials as well without worry about disrupting the other materials.

Granite road next to Grass with 4000 GrassPerBlock in the brushes.xml as opposed to 1200. Nice and thick. For comparison.

alt text

And a nice, clean bit of asphalt. May alter the brightness but it's OK for now.
alt text

Due to the angle the images were taken, and Tesselation issues it's a bit skew whiff, but top down or driving looks fine.

Just a snippet 🙂 Shall be doing about 5 or 10.

last edited by Digital X

Having an issue with some of them, they look fine in paint.net but then applying them they appear a lot brighter or have seams, when the image itself does not.

And thanks, I'll keep at it but it might just be 5 at this rate. What I would give to have bump mapping! nudge nudge..

Wood chips, little on the large side but good enough. Good for use around the Saw MIll.
alt text

last edited by Digital X

Lastly, and the one I like the most, cracked ground!

alt text

last edited by Digital X

I like the one with the rocks placed as a road. That gives me a good idea to try and make a new road using cobblestones. I may give that a try as it's not that hard.

Almost cobble stone like here in the UK, plenty of those.