Truck issues with new versions of mods

All of my new versions of my mods do not show wheels when trying to spawn it, and will not letme spawn it.

But, when i run the mod in the media folder, everything is fine.

I have no clue what is going on, i have even renamed the mesh and classes tires and still no luck.

Any yes, when i change the mesh name i change the name in the classes too.

Also, i have tried to use the gaz_rear tires (rear tires on B-66). Still, no luck. Also, recently, in the editor, it starts complaining about BoneCabin_cdt (i have absolutely no clue what that is)

Any help will be appreciated.

I've decided to give my truck another try so in the same boat as you.

In the _mods folder > (character string) > classes > wheels folder do you have both the rear and front wheel .xml's?

In classes > trucks folder open your truck.xml file in notepad++.

Does it show "gaz rear" and "gaz front" for example in their respective locations?

Edit: Mine also mentions bone cabin as an error, but I can publish it privately, and see the truck and wheels where they should be. Both in the Editor and Game.

Edit: This is how mine looks in the editor.

alt text

last edited by Digital X

Both my front and rear have the gaz_rear tire set. And yes, my mod classes/wheels does have the tire set there. I see everything in the editor, but when i go to test it (via the workshop) it does not work (and does not show the tires when trying to spawn)

EDIT: On the media verison, everything works fine... so I am assuming it is a thing with the editor when it is uploading the file. It only started complaining about BoneCabin_cdt just recently, so that might be the issue.

~{RiskyWisky}

I did a new model and it shows up on the "autogenerate" box fine. Loads in game fine too after I subscribed to it.

Hmm. Double check your edits in the XML's are named correctly. At the bottom of the classes/truck xml like this:

<PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/spike"> then replace "spike" with whatever you named yours.#

You say both your front and rear have the gaz_rear tyre set, shouldn't it be gaz_front under the front bit, and gaz_rear for the rear?

alt text

You can do that, but where it says type, in both of the m it says "gaz_rear"

EDIT: Which stock truck do you get your code from?

I get mine from the gaz_66...

Edit: Mine are named the right stuff

last edited by RiskyWisky

@digital-x said in Truck issues with new versions of mods:

I did a new model and it shows up on the "autogenerate" box fine. Loads in game fine too after I subscribed to it.

Hmm. Double check your edits in the XML's are named correctly. At the bottom of the classes/truck xml like this:

<PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/spike"> then replace "spike" with whatever you named yours.#

You say both your front and rear have the gaz_rear tyre set, shouldn't it be gaz_front under the front bit, and gaz_rear for the rear?

alt text

Also, when I load the mod in the media folder, everything is fine. It is just when I upload it and subsribe to it, that is when it is turning issues.

Does anyone have any idea why this is not working? This is getting me real pissed...

Did you take the script of an stock truck and edited that one, or did you make a new script using the notepad++ plugin???

I took the script of a gaz66, (B-66) and put all the mesh names.

PEOPLE!

THE MOD WORKS IN THE MEDIA FOLDER, BUT NOT THE WORKSHOP VERSION!

Ain't there someway to get around this?

Alright..

@Forces

Is there a workaround to this?

@RiskyWisky wasnt I clear when you publish the stolen Uaz Hunter mod in the workshop? I'm not helping you not even for $. You added my group name in a stolen content wich you claim as fully 100% yours. I hate Liars and people that steal real mod makers hard work.

Being a ass to those who ask for help isn't my style, and half the forum knows that if you ask for help to me, you will get it and most likely a complete guide trough the amazing world of making mods and/or xml,testing,tips.etc... but being an Ass it does seems to be your way to "help" those that want to get in the mod making scene so "treat to other like you want to be treated" there you go.

_ParentFile try to go from there if you know readed any guide here or in oovee that should be a huge-giga-mega-ultra hint for any one that had read a thing or two about making mods (Xml wise)

Change your attitude to newbies becuase every day you learn somthing new (even I do as you've may see in a recent post about a bug)

Dont try to contact me,post on my topic or anything, if i posted here it was to clear doubts to other users directly at their questions.

Excuse me? I make all my own mods... and also I do not know about this Uaz Hunter mod that you are talking about..

@riskywisky said in Truck issues with new versions of mods:

Excuse me? I make all my own mods... and also I do not know about this Uaz Hunter mod that you are talking about..

@Forces
I troll these forums and the workshop multiple times daily, and I don't recall seeing this mod posted by @RiskyWisky either... Is it possible this post was meant for a different thread? Not trying to cause any drama (Jeebus knows more drama is the last thing this forum needs, right?) just looking for clarification I guess...

@RiskyWisky
So you've confirmed that the "classes/wheels/<RiskyWheel>.xml" is present, are there corresponding files for the meshes and textures? Are all of the necessary files for the wheels present in the "Editor/_mods/<random name of your mod>" folder? If you browse to "<Steam>/SteamApps/workshop/content/675010/<numbered folder containing your mod>" and open the .zip file, does it also contain the proper/necessary files for your wheels?

@RiskyWisky

Don't act like you dont know shit kid, grow up and be a men and hold responsibilty for your actions, you, and many other users know because you was dumb enough to brag to them about something you didnt build, the one with Nix wheels, Uaz Hunter body and custom Iron Bumper, (wich wasnt even added becasue it was the body of the russian user) wich you clearly said to me via Steam chat you took and didn't care becasue you changed the wheels and added more lift and now is yours

@Mexican_420 it lasted 5 days on the workshop because I left a comment wich put him agains the wall ready to take the mugshot

Calm down guys please. This forum is made for polite discussions. Please behave and stay respectful to each other.

All i asked was some help... and it turns into this?

@Mexican_420

Everything is named and labeled correctly in the .xml file.

Also, I do not see a .zip file in the mod folder.
0_1526588930291_FORCESUCK.PNG
and yes, that is the the right mod folder

Trying to wrap my head around why on earth it works in the media folder, but not when you're subscribed since it's just downloading it again.. No changes of formats etc I know of.

Yeah you shouldn't see a ZIP in the mods folder, none of mine have them.

What do you mean with "it works in the media folder" if I may ask??

last edited by wrangmog

I'm assuming he means when he places the folders in the media folder in his game directory, it loads up then. It's only failing to load when he subscribes to it and tries to use it that way.

Well it could be because of the in-game wheels, using these can be a real struggle, have you tried renaming everything of the wheels so it doesnt recognize it as a default wheel or have you tried complete custom wheels?? I have had this issue as well one time but cant remember the fix for it because this was like almost 2 years ago, sorry...