this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...

@RiskyWisky
Whether it works or not is irrelevant. Since you didn't appear to have learned anything when @Forces called you out the last time around...

0_1526834705089_RW1.jpg

You were warned, and now I'm afraid you're on your own kiddo.

last edited by Mexican_420

I get it...

though the mod was friends only, and it was meant to be for 2 people, not you.

last edited by RiskyWisky

told you guys and you didn't hear me

he didn't even understand that Blackwater is the Map maker name and Canyon is the actual level name (Said by Blackwater it self)

retires back to his topics to keep forum mods in peace

https://spintires.nl/map-blackwater-canyon/

I thought Blackwater_CA seemed familar.

Just to clarify, Blackwater_CA made the map, the link is dated from 2016 and has not had the Author changed.

AFAIK, it was a one man job, unless I'm missing something.

someone else before (in october) converted the map.... http://www.mudrunnermods.com/blackwater-canyon-map/

EDIT: i am not the only one who needs to be blamed on. also to verify, the workshop mod was friends only.

@digital-x The map was made for legacy Spintires and since has been Updated without permision from blackwater so as all of his maps, he retired to focus in college and hasnt come back into mod making since that day

Ah I see, wasn't aware it got updated tbh, sorry for jumping the gun earlier. Thought it was just him.

@riskywisky but you could stoped and not do it (and claim it as yours adding the rikywisky thing on the sides of the tittle)

@riskywisky said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

someone else before (in october) converted the map.... http://www.mudrunnermods.com/blackwater-canyon-map/

EDIT: i am not the only one who needs to be blamed on. also to verify, the workshop mod was friends only.

And if we knew who that "someone else" was, you can bet your ass we'd be griefing on them as well. And your "friends only" argument is invalid. It doesn't matter whether it's public or not, you don't just go pinching other people's mods and republishing them AT ALL unless they say so.

Credits: Blackwater_CA, AlexNez. It seems that this was done with approval from Blackwater_CA as Blackwater himself posted a comment and seems to be involved with it. So from what I read AlexNez must of ask permission for this.

last edited by A Former User

@fearwheels said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

Credits: Blackwater_CA, AlexNez. It seems that this was done with approval from Blackwater_CA as Blackwater himself posted a comment and seems to be involved with it.

I mentioned that here before(not in this thread, in another one). Thanks for mentioning it again.

It also needs mentioned that you can't convert someone else's map without the original XML, and all the other files in the prebuild folder, for it. You can go through the hassle of recreating all of those. And placing all the models where they were originally. But by that point you'd, essentially, be the creator of the map. Which, if you did all that well enough, would look like someone else's map.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong to do that. Just that it's not very likely that someone went to all the trouble to. And then gave credit to the original author. And/or posted comments using the author's name stating "glad all of you enjoyed this map, I had a fun time creating it. Thank you and Enjoy!!!". Rather than simply believing that the original author converted and uploaded the map(or gave whomever all the necessary files and permission to), and then commented on it himself(as himself).

But if you're into conspiracy theories, then whatever you say is a conspiracy is one. And who am I to tell you different? Right?

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy not really, Get the map in spintires, load it in the Level_tools get the prebuild of it (all files) update it on the previus mud runner editor, then export it again to latest editor and voila you just stole a map

@fearwheels assumptions, those who know what they are doing can convert and change vehicles as well as map from the workshop. i do not know exactly how people have done it. i just know it can be done and have seen it done.

really this stuff can be a touchy subject, but i see no harm done. now if was uploaded for public consumption then it would be another story.

AlexNez, a name i have seen pop up for years now and has always had me curious just who he is exactly. on one side he is a well liked and trusted guy, others say the opposite. idk.

@8up-local assumptions, those who know what they are doing can convert and change vehicles as well as map from the workshop. i do not know exactly how people have done it. i just know it can be done and have seen it done.

Risky knows how becuase he has done it in his first mod, wheels were by nix and body by a russian guy

@fearwheels said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

Credits: Blackwater_CA, AlexNez. It seems that this was done with approval from Blackwater_CA as Blackwater himself posted a comment and seems to be involved with it. So from what I read AlexNez must of ask permission for this.

I talked to Blackwater the other day, about his map. I told him this "Hey man. I just noticed today that Blackwater Canyon is on mudrunnermods.com, and did not know if you posted it." he said "no i did not" But if you look in the map, there are more objects that are from the original game.

@forces said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

@riskywisky but you could stoped and not do it (and claim it as yours adding the rikywisky thing on the sides of the tittle)

Look at the description on the picture....

"Here is Blackwater's Canyon."

I can easily get anyone's pre-build folders right now in the workshop and load they're map (without distributions) into my editor it's actually pretty damn easy to do...But why TF would I want to do that? Unless you're using this method to get back pre-build files from your own work this shouldn't be done period.

No one is releasing Mods anymore looks like Maps won't be far behind them so please keep up the good work!

last edited by SmarOneNine

Guys guys we know this is Blackwater's map and Risky uploaded it. He uploaded it just for me and him to play. I was having issues getting it to work manually (file broken or missing). I agree with @8up-local, the subject is touchy and a lot of people will go on saying "You are not the author, you can't upload that". If he uploaded it publicly for the whole workshop, it would be stealing. But really, the reason for him uploading Blackwater Canyon was simply so we don't have to install it manually and have problems.

@a-slice-of-pizza said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

Guys guys we know this is Blackwater's map and Risky uploaded it. He uploaded it just for me and him to play. I was having issues getting it to work manually (file broken or missing). I agree with @8up-local, the subject is touchy and a lot of people will go on saying "You are not the author, you can't upload that". If he uploaded it publicly for the whole workshop, it would be stealing. But really, the reason for him uploading Blackwater Canyon was simply so we don't have to install it manually and have problems.

Agreed. It was only uploaded for A Slice Of Pizza, and JustCallMeJack to use so we could go wheeling.